Coolant temp fluctuations

Do you think the new housing will make a difference? If you do install it, could you write a detailed review? I'm thinking about getting one too.

Personally, I prefer not to adjust thermostat configurations, which is why I replaced it with an OEM one. There seems to be some connection between the fan speed and complex programming that I'd rather avoid getting into.
I'll document before and after.

My thought on tstat is if the factory one fails this often (or maybe not), I can put in an aftermarket one. I know Mishimoto makes them, just not sure which one for the TRX

Mine was fluctuating as well. But my intercooler and coolant levels were lower than minimum mark. I took it to the dealer to get everything checked out before my warranty expired. They topped off the coolants and checked everything out and tested. They didnt find anything wrong. They said it was normal. I wasn't convinced with the answer but after coolant levels are back to normal fluctuations seem to be gone. I am still keeping an eye on though.

I was curious if the waves were normal, so I checked mine. After the truck warmed up to 204°, the line was either flat or like this. No waves.

20240501_125407.jpg

This the correct tstat?

Mopar 52028898AI THRMOSTAT https://a.co/d/26dtatz
This is an old thermostat, replaced by a new one with part number 52028898AJ. When I zoomed in on my picture, I couldn't see the letter but it looked more like the number '1'.

Do you think they have improved something with that new thermostat?

Last edited:
This is an old thermostat, replaced by a new one with part number 52028898AJ. When I zoomed in on my picture, I couldn't see the letter but it looked more like the number '1'.

Do you think they have improved something with that new thermostat?
I had the same issue as well. Temps were slowly getting higher and started noticing the fan on a lot more. Eventually peaking at 219 -221 if idling for a few minutes. Replaced with the latest (8AJ) thermostat and now live 199 -204 and the occasional 206 but just briefly. I think this is the 3rd different part # so maybe they had issues

The incognito lower pulley caused my coolant temp to fluctuate like this
It stopped doing it when I removed the pulley. It has a larger accessory pulley so it spins everything faster and it must cause cooling issues.

The incognito lower pulley caused my coolant temp to fluctuate like this
It stopped doing it when I removed the pulley. It has a larger accessory pulley so it spins everything faster and it must cause cooling issues.
Interesting…

My t stat was stuck open. Re placed under warranty. Truck actually ran cooler with it stuck open. But I’d rather not have metal bits in my cooling system.

Both. Truck had the up and down temps . Then I got the t stat code . Truck ran cooler after code popped up.
roger that. Do you remember if you were getting the up&down temps in city driving too? We havent really noticed it in the city so much. Will need to pay closer attention though as we dont usually watch our coolant temps that closely in stop&go city driving

Here's my city and BK lounge drive-thru logs. Nothing like the highway waves. U guys who have the new T-stats/etc., does ur city look similar?

IMG_9351.jpeg
IMG_9350.jpeg
IMG_9340.jpeg

Back