TRX of the Month 🏆
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
Trx 2023
Current Ride #2
Land cruiser lc300
Hi there,
I wanted to share my experience in case anyone else encounters a similar issue (MY 2023). I noticed that my coolant temp was constantly fluctuating between 201 and 224 degrees Fahrenheit every 6-7 minutes, even when driving on the highway. I took it to the dealership, and they replaced the radiator, but that didn't resolve the problem. I suspected a faulty thermostat, so I replaced it. Upon uninstalling the old thermostat, I discovered that it was indeed broken and the broken part was stuck inside but I removed it with ease. While it's normal for a car's coolant temperature to increase, it shouldn't fluctuate as frequently as mine did.

Attachments

• IMG_8080.jpeg
    IMG_8080.jpeg
    499.8 KB · Views: 119
  • 5C71A044-457D-4DC3-BC58-009AF85D4D7D.jpeg
    5C71A044-457D-4DC3-BC58-009AF85D4D7D.jpeg
    236 KB · Views: 47
Good to know as I too have (warranty) replaced our 22' TRX and live in extreme (Phoenix, AZ) heat.

Don't think I've read about a past thermostat issue however?

***Pics of the LC300 please!***

Are you a fan of lc300? In my opinion its one of the most boring cars i have ever driven but perfect as a family car, i used to drive LC200 and it was better in terms of interior capacity, i got like 2 or 3 pics of it and some 2010 lc200. The LC300 will be my last japanese car i will ever own. 😂

Attachments

• IMG_8507.png
    IMG_8507.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_9306.jpeg
    IMG_9306.jpeg
    249 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_8554.jpeg
    IMG_8554.jpeg
    340.4 KB · Views: 31
I've noticed mine bounces around 199 to 215 but didn't think much about it... I thought that was normal? Anyway, I'm not sure why the dealer would swap the radiator out "first" unless there was some other problem. I would think a thermostat swap would be first since it's simple, easy, quick and cheap.

Last edited:
I've noticed mine bounces around 199 to 215 but didn't think much about it... I thought that was normal? Anyway, I'm not sure why the dealer would swap the radiator out "first" unless there was some other problem. I would think a thermostat swap would be first since it's simple, easy, quick and cheap.
The dealer knows nothing TBH it like trial and error, when i mentioned the thermostat the guy told me that i was wrong, anyway i changed it myself and solved my problem.

I've noticed mine bounces around 199 to 215 but didn't think much about it... I thought that was normal?
It is normal, but how often and does it fluctuate in highways as well ?

Hi there,
I wanted to share my experience in case anyone else encounters a similar issue (MY 2023). I noticed that my coolant temp was constantly fluctuating between 201 and 224 degrees Fahrenheit every 6-7 minutes, even when driving on the highway. I took it to the dealership, and they replaced the radiator, but that didn't resolve the problem. I suspected a faulty thermostat, so I replaced it. Upon uninstalling the old thermostat, I discovered that it was indeed broken and the broken part was stuck inside but I removed it with ease. While it's normal for a car's coolant temperature to increase, it shouldn't fluctuate as frequently as mine did.
That will do it! Temps should be stable at highway constant speeds. Even my 23 that is tuned with 180 deg thermostat in stop and go traffic will reach 199 until fan kicks in and goes back to 185 in about 20 seconds (have the Ripa billet thermostat housing, think it helps with flow). On highway stable at 185 deg.

That will do it! Temps should be stable at highway constant speeds. Even my 23 that is tuned with 180 deg thermostat in stop and go traffic will reach 199 until fan kicks in and goes back to 185 in about 20 seconds (have the Ripa billet thermostat housing, think it helps with flow). On highway stable at 185 deg.
Would the thermostat housing decrease the coolant temp?

I'm surprised by how many TRX owners are experiencing the same issue, with most of them attributing it to a faulty thermostat. It makes me wonder if there's a problem with the thermostat housing causing it to malfunction.
Just ordered the Billet Technology housing. Also for anyone wanting one, they have 15% off right now for $16.50 off the raw aluminum. But shipping was $16.50 so it's a wash.

Anyone have the a replacement tstat part number other than the OEM one?
Was thinking throwing in a 192 tstat too if that would make any difference

I'm surprised by how many TRX owners are experiencing the same issue, with most of them attributing it to a faulty thermostat. It makes me wonder if there's a problem with the thermostat housing causing it to malfunction.
I'm not complaining just saying the "issue" or non-issue/normality is also present on my truck. I have 0 concerns about it until it becomes a problem. It can dance all day as long as it's staying within range.

I'm not complaining just saying the "issue" or non-issue/normality is also present on my truck. I have 0 concerns about it until it becomes a problem. It can dance all day as long as it's staying within range.
Did your truck demonstrate that issue from the start? A couple of years ago, my wife's Land Rover experienced erratic fluctuations. We took it to the dealership, and initially, they attributed it to a radiator problem, which cost nearly $600 to fix. However, the problem persisted, and it turned out the head gaskets needed replacement. The dealership quoted us $6000 for the repairs and parts. Instead, we opted for a local garage, which was still expensive. After a week, we decided to sell the car.( i do believe that the radiator caused the head gasket issue).I'm concerned about the same thing happening with my TRX because the dealer here might overcharge me significantly.

Observing the readings on your dashboard, I can notice that the increase is somewhat normal (perhaps your truck has been modified?). In my experience, I was encountering temperatures 10-12 degrees higher than that on the highway, and the noise from the fans was quite bothersome.

Did your truck demonstrate that issue from the start? A couple of years ago, my wife's Land Rover experienced erratic fluctuations. We took it to the dealership, and initially, they attributed it to a radiator problem, which cost nearly $600 to fix. However, the problem persisted, and it turned out the head gaskets needed replacement. The dealership quoted us $6000 for the repairs and parts. Instead, we opted for a local garage, which was still expensive. After a week, we decided to sell the car.( i do believe that the radiator caused the head gasket issue).I'm concerned about the same thing happening with my TRX because the dealer here might overcharge me significantly.

Observing the readings on your dashboard, I can notice that the increase is somewhat normal (perhaps your truck has been modified?). In my experience, I was encountering temperatures 10-12 degrees higher than that on the highway, and the noise from the fans was quite bothersome.
that's good info to know for sure. In my case, it's been doing it for a long time for sure (not sure if since day 1 but definitely several months).

Mine did not do it until about a year and a half of ownership. At least I did not see these wild up and down fluctuations until I figured out how to put the gauges on the main screen.

Just ordered the Billet Technology housing. Also for anyone wanting one, they have 15% off right now for $16.50 off the raw aluminum. But shipping was $16.50 so it's a wash.

Anyone have the a replacement tstat part number other than the OEM one?
Was thinking throwing in a 192 tstat too if that would make any difference
Do you think the new housing will make a difference? If you do install it, could you write a detailed review? I'm thinking about getting one too.

Personally, I prefer not to adjust thermostat configurations, which is why I replaced it with an OEM one. There seems to be some connection between the fan speed and complex programming that I'd rather avoid getting into.

Back