CONSOLE VAULT FOR TRX - 5"-6" DEEP

LV_TRX

TRX Fiend
Gallery
Reaction score
Just installed my new Console Vault for TRX part # 1122-4D https://www.consolevault.com/dodge-ram-150025003500-low-profile-2019-current-.html#.YXgziJ7MLL-

Easy install, depth of secured compartment is 5"-6" deep - excellent storage area...

I had purchased a Console Vault in April (Part 1093-3D) that Console Vault said would fit, but it didn't. They took it back as a return.

Have been in touch with Lock R Down, very nice people, but they have promised delivery of a unit for months. but haven't come through.

Recent Post on this Forum showed Console Vault 1122 would fit, but OP showed pictures and reported that the DEPTH was only 2"-3".

I received the 1122 unit yesterday, installed last night HIGHER UP and ended up with 5"-6" DEPTH for locked portion.

Dimensions of Unit (per Manufacturer) is 9.75" L x 10.5" W x 2.25" D - but that is the depth of the physical "rim" of the console vault. The locked portion is much deeper if you install the unit higher up....

P_5.jpg
P_6.jpg
P_9.jpg
P_15.jpg
P_7.jpg

Install Notes:
1) I Held the unit up as HIGH as possible (free-floating) and lined up front end first. Hand insert and tightened supplied screws to hold in place. Hand tightened easily supports weight of unit.
2) Ended up slightly angling the unit upward towards the front (front just slightly higher than rear), as it just seemed to "fit" best. Bonus, slightly better visual and physical access to the rear of the compartment.
3) Would be a little bit easier with second pair of hands, but very doable alone with a bit of dexterity
4) Unit does NOT fit snug. There is a bit of play. Makes it easier to install. Can see that there is slight gapping at rear "tabs", but contents of vault clearly secure.

Thanks, but that is still too low of a profile for my liking. The Console Vault I had in my Duramax was like a foot deep and I loved it. Console Vault is supposed to be working on a full-size version for the TRX, so I will hold out for that.

I agree in the disappointment in Lock 'r Up. They have been promising a unit since spring but keep pushing the date back with a "it will be available for sure next month..." each month.

Hi, thanks for the write up. Appears someone could jam a crow bar down on the side and just rip that out.,, ??

Could you modify the 120v plug and bring it up even more?

Could you modify the 120v plug and bring it up even more?
I don't think so... This unit extends a bit "forward", wedged underneath in front. I do not think it would fit up any higher. (But I didn't try, just from memory of the install)

P_3.jpg

Ah so those console vaults are just a frame and a door, not a fully enclosed steel box. Hmmmm…

Nice improvement though, 2-3 inches was a bit small imo.

Ah so those console vaults are just a frame and a door, not a fully enclosed steel box. Hmmmm…

Nice improvement though, 2-3 inches was a bit small imo.
The Console Vault I had in my GMC was a full enclosure, so not all are a frame. I am hopeful Console Vault comes out with an option that provides a full enclosure box that covers the entirety of the console.

I for one would gladly forego the power outlet in the console for a fully enclosed, high-quality safe (like E&G in my Raptor, and others). Thanks

The enemy of Good is Better....

Agree that a full depth (sacrificing the outlet) and fully steel enclosed solution would be ideal........But, it doesn't exist for the TRX at this moment.

For $289 I now have a unit with acceptable depth and acceptable security for my needs, INSTALLED IN MY TRX RIGHT NOW.

If a better unit becomes available, I can easily replace this one, but for $289 it was well worth keeping my stuff more secure right now.....

While I like the TRX specific safe from Lockerdown (which I own) and it is enough room for small things, I think ideally they should increase the length of the brackets so that it sits above the 12 volt socket, in essence puts that inside the safe, which would make it much bigger and a much more appealing product.

I have shared My Views with Blake one of the Engineers of the company and he seems to agree that it could be something they could do...fingers crossed 🤞

In addition, it's nice to have a company that actually listens to you and spend some quality time with you when you call them and appears to be interested in what you have to say. So that's a quality I like to see in an American company
🇺🇸

Last edited:
While I like the TRX specific safe from Lockerdown (which I own) and it is enough room for small things, I think ideally they should increase the length of the brackets so that it sits above the 12 volt socket, in essence puts that inside the safe, which would make it much bigger and a much more appealing product.

I have shared My Views with Blake one of the Engineers of the company and he seems to agree that it could be something they could do...fingers crossed 🤞

In addition, it's nice to have a company that actually listens to you and spend some quality time with you when you call them and appears to be interested in what you have to say. So that's a quality I like to see in an American company
🇺🇸
Definitely hope they take that advice and run with it great job

I installed the Console Vault this week, unhappy with it. If installed all the way down so that its sides touch the side of the console's interior and it fits snug like it should, it's several inches below the power receptacle needlessly giving up additional space. If raised up to just below the receptacle, there are gaps on the sides. I wanted the 3 digit manual lock. The lock on my E&G was perfect, all metal, very heavy duty and easy to read. The 3 digit lock on the Console Vault has a little plastic knob, the numbers are so small I can hardly read them (have to use a flash light at night, WTH) and the lock looks like it cost $2.. Im going to take it out and replace it. No reason this should be so difficult....

Last edited:
Is LD2059EX the correct Lock’er Down extreme safe for our trucks? $519 to include the electronic lock. Any discounts? The Console Vault was $240 with their year end discount (standard lock). And what happens when the battery dies with the e-lock and it’s w/o power for a week? How does it retain the combo for an extended period w/o power?

Thanks

Last edited:
Is LD2059EX the correct Lock’er Down extreme safe for our trucks? $519 to include the electronic lock. Any discounts? The Console Vault was $240 with their year end discount (standard lock). And what happens when the battery dies with the e-lock and it’s w/o power for a week? How does it retain the combo for an extended period w/o power?

Thanks

Yep that's the right one for the TRX and yes it is expensive and in my opinion yes the electronic lock is the one you want because it can't be easily popped off like the 3-digit plastic one can...

And IMHO, I figure I spent over ninety grand for my truck, and a extra five hundred for a little peace of mind when I need it is worth it... To me that is...your mileage may vary... regarding the safe that is lol... I think we're all in about the eight to 10 MPG Club! 🤣

But oh how I love using as much carbon footprint in my truck as John Kerry, Bill gates and the rest of those nut jobs in Washington, do, flying his/their jets around the world... pontificating lies telling a peasant like me to stop doing what I'm doing... living free in a free country 🇺🇸

It’s no more difficult to remove that e-lock than it is to remove the standard combination lock.

How is the safe opened if the battery dies? How does the lock retain the combination so that it works when a fresh battery is installed?

Hi, thanks for the write up. Appears someone could jam a crow bar down on the side and just rip that out.,, ??
Yep, and if someone's motivated enough, they could throw my Pit/Mastiff a steak, and use a cordless grinder to rip through the safe in my house in under a minute or so :p

It’s no more difficult to remove that e-lock than it is to remove the standard combination lock.

How is the safe opened if the battery dies? How does the lock retain the combination so that it works whthe battery on the elockers en a fresh battery is installed?

The battery for the elock is easily accessible from the top of the safe and it's a quick swap. It warns you when the battery is low to replace it so there's that. I've had three other safes from ld and never had a problem with that either. Better than nothing I guess!

Thanks, I've seen the lock and am aware of the procedure to replace the battery.

I suspect the answer to my question is " with a drill and reciprocating saw with bi-metal blade".

thanks

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back