Compustar Hacking Potential

Georgia TRX

TRX Junkie
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2023 TRX
Hello

Has anyone had their Compustar hacked by car theives and either had the software messed up so it is malfunctioning?

My Compustar setup (drone, remote start, ignition kill switch), which works through the OEM key fob, used to require only 1 tap of the "lock" button to both lock the doors and arm the alarm and 1 tap of "unlock" to disarm and unlock.

Ever since the incident a few weeks ago when those NASA scientists made a move on my truck, it has required two clicks to lock and arm and two clicks to unlock and disarm.

I wonder if those guys tampered with it somehow for the few minutes i was away from it.

Going to the installer tomorrow to troubleshoot.

Just wanted to see if anyone had a similar unexpexted change in the lock/unlock arm/disarm sequence or if anyone had their Compustar hacked and sabotaged.

Thanks

Following also

Hello

Has anyone had their Compustar hacked by car theives and either had the software messed up so it is malfunctioning?

My Compustar setup (drone, remote start, ignition kill switch), which works through the OEM key fob, used to require only 1 tap of the "lock" button to both lock the doors and arm the alarm and 1 tap of "unlock" to disarm and unlock.

Ever since the incident a few weeks ago when those NASA scientists made a move on my truck, it has required two clicks to lock and arm and two clicks to unlock and disarm.

I wonder if those guys tampered with it somehow for the few minutes i was away from it.

Just wanted to see if anyone had a similar unexpexted change in the lock/unlock arm/disarm sequence or if anyone had their Compustar hacked and sabotaged.

Thanks
If you are using your oem fob (really bad idea) to control it, check your uconnect settings and see what the doors and locks section says for one press or 2

Hello

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1348.mov
    87.7 MB
If you are using your oem fob (really bad idea) to control it, check your uconnect settings and see what the doors and locks section says for one press or 2
Thanks for the response. Will do what you suggest and report back.

The guys who installed Compustar did it via the OEM fob. Though the kill switch only works through the phone app.

Uconnect says 1st press of key fob unlocks driver door.

that makes sense and is consistent with what i am seeing from the vehicle. The issue that the second press is required to disarm the alarm.

and similarly, one press of lock will lock the doors but a second press is required to arm the alarm.

up until a few weeks ago only one press was required for lock and arm as wells as unlock and disarm.

maybe this is just a glitch and im being paranoid. I just dont know what kind of technology these fuckers have.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    429 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Uconnect says 1st press of key fob unlocks driver door.

that makes sense and is consistent with what i am seeing from the vehicle. The issue that the second press is required to disarm the alarm.

and similarly, one press of lock will lock the doors but a second press is required to arm the alarm.

up until a few weeks ago only one press was required for lock and arm as wells as unlock and disarm.

maybe this is just a glitch and im being paranoid. I just dont know what kind of technology these fuckers have.
Not sure. If it was me I would have the installer remove oem fob control of aftermarket alarm off and then get a compustar remote kit.

Not sure. If it was me I would have the installer remove oem fob control of aftermarket alarm off and then get a compustar remote kit.
thanks, they did give me two remotes but also programmed the oem fob. we'll see what they say tomrrow

thanks, they did give me two remotes but also programmed the oem fob. we'll see what they say tomrrow
I would stop using factory and have them change that setting. Do you have IGLA too?

getting it this week.

appreciate the time you took to consider the issue this evening
Once you have both and the oem fob control is fixed then there are options you can consider with the oem fob. We can talk in private and can let you know some more benefits of having them both installed on a trx

Once you have both and the oem fob control is fixed then there are options you can consider with the oem fob. We can talk in private and can let you know some more benefits of having them both installed on a trx
I am having both installed next week. I would love to hear the options to consider with the Oem fob also. Thanks in advance.

I am being told a code in the Compustar system was cleared which is why it was malfunctioning/had a glitch. Couldn't get more detail after repeated requests.

The vehicle had no signs of forced entry and there was no physical sign of damage to the CompuStar apparatus. Either it glitched on its own or the NASA scientists can tamper with the system over Wi-Fi now.

Last edited:
I am being told a code in the Compustar system was cleared which is why it was malfunctioning/had a glitch. Couldn't get more detail after repeated requests.

The vehicle had no signs of forced entry and there was no physical sign of damage to the CompuStar apparatus. Either it glitched on its own or the NASA scientists can tamper with the system over Wi-Fi now.
IMG_7076.gif

Back