a143gsxr

TRX Fanatic
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 RAM TRX
Military
Retired Navy
I did ARH a while back. I bought the catless Midpipes and put them on as well. The truck sounded great at idle, down shifting, and WOT but awful thru the mid-range part throttle without the cats. Stock catback. So I put the cats back on with the ARH and sounded good again but too quiet. So I started thinking, all the great catback systems for this truck use H-pipe. I remember mustangs in the late 90’s when bassani came out with the X-pipe and it was raspy, didn’t sound as good as the H-pipe but made a few HP. So it’s in? Yep it was the thing. Last week I ordered a 3” universal H-pipe kit from JEGS. Sawzall in hand and I some measurements and cut the X-pipe out and in with the H-pipe and catless Midpipes back in and the truck sounds good! $105 well spent. And the JEGS pipe slips into the factory exhaust perfectly. You just have to clamp or weld the front end.

Attachments

• IMG_3891.jpeg
    IMG_3891.jpeg
    306.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3933.jpeg
    IMG_3933.jpeg
    281.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3929.jpeg
    IMG_3929.jpeg
    267.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Agree with the H pipe sounding better. I did one on my 19 Bullitt and it sounded great.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back