Black Stone Lab results.

Dunno why someone would think that but it’s definitely untrue. Group IV/V blends like Red Line are superior in cold flow. Some data to look at:

CCS (cold cranking simulator) viscosity:
RL 5800cP @ -35c
PUP 5850cP @ -35c

Pour point:
Red Line -60c
PUP -51c

So if it dips below -60 just stay home and you’ll be okay…
60 below? So we can't pour the stuff on Uranus? ;)

FWIW, I tried Mobil 1 on my previous oil change because I didn't like what I was seeing on the Blackstone results with the Pennzoil. It was slightly worse than PUP, viscosity in particular was lower than any test so far with PUP and the oil only had 3,100 miles on it. I just put RedLine in it per Onthereel's recommendation. Also installed some Valovomax drains on the pan and cooler, wish I'd done that on the 1st oil change. Interested to see the results with the Redline, probably in my head but I swear the motor seems to run smoother and rev quicker. LOL

I've been running redline for my last ~7000 miles. I switched after seeing results from the penzoil . These are the side by side results.

@OnTheReel are the minerals at the bottom calcium, magnesium etc,additives that are good for the oil? I noticed there alot higher in the redline. I believe the moly is also good for the hemis.
Screenshot_20240502-202258_Samsung Notes.jpg

I've been running redline for my last ~7000 miles. I switched after seeing results from the penzoil . These are the side by side results.

@OnTheReel are the minerals at the bottom calcium, magnesium etc,additives that are good for the oil? I noticed there alot higher in the redline. I believe the moly is also good for the hemis. View attachment 128974
Yep, calcium and magnesium are both detergent additives. In my experience the Hemi does respond well to higher moly. Especially on the MDS equipped, cam-eating 5.7s. But it’s good to have on these as well.

Anyone tried royal purple 0-40? Thats the only other one I can get local. Was wanting to try mobil 1 til I read what sheepdog posted about it being worst than pup.

Which oil do you guys recommend? I’ve been using pennzoil but after reading multiple threads I decide to change it. I want to make sure I’m getting the right oil that’ll give me a healthy engine long term. I change the oil every 3k miles religiously. Is amsoil the way to go or redline?!? I live in NYC if that helps with deciding.

Which oil do you guys recommend? I’ve been using pennzoil but after reading multiple threads I decide to change it. I want to make sure I’m getting the right oil that’ll give me a healthy engine long term. I change the oil every 3k miles religiously. Is amsoil the way to go or redline?!? I live in NYC if that helps with deciding.
I dont think u can go wrong with either esp at that interval. Ur too good to her man. I try to do mine at 5k or a little less

Afraid to go get a blackstone test, feels like im waiting for std test results.

“I swear I havent done anything that wasnt recommended….”

Afraid to go get a blackstone test, feels like im waiting for std test results.

“I swear I havent done anything that wasnt recommended….”
Don’t worry, if there are signs of trouble in your sample they probably wouldn’t find them anyway.

Blackstone is the McDonalds of oil analysis. Everyone goes there because they hand out a cheap product that feels good. But it is actually really terrible for you.

Don’t worry, if there are signs of trouble in your sample they probably wouldn’t find them anyway.

Blackstone is the McDonalds of oil analysis. Everyone goes there because they hand out a cheap product that feels good. But it is actually really terrible for you.
this makes me feel fantastic lol. Currently waiting on my Mcdonald's results haha

this makes me feel fantastic lol. Currently waiting on my Mcdonald's results haha
Maybe McDonalds was a little harsh. I’ll upgrade them to Applebees.

With Blackstone there’s really just a few things. They just happen to be important (to me)…Fuel ain’t accurate. Viscosity seems a little sketchy in some of these results too. And as far as the comments they write…well…they all read from the same script.

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back