Bed cover with RamBar??

I had a shop install the Truxedo Sentry CT. It's tight when you roll it up but it works! You have to get in the bed to roll it up.
View attachment 9930View attachment 9931View attachment 9932View attachment 9933View attachment 9934
@IA_TRX Thanks for sharing this. I had a Truxedo Sentry CT on my Ford F150 and loved it, but the only issue I had was in order to close the tailgate, you had to lift the tonneau flap first (pulling the release), then you can close the tailgate. So anytime I had to open the tailgate, in order to close, I had to always lift the flap.

Is this something you run into with this config? Or can you open and close the tailgate while leaving the Truxedo untouched?

Thanks in advance.

I installed the TruXedo Pro X15 Tonneau Cover with a RamBar.
09DD4D22-C3AF-4EDC-AE3C-4B4CC76DF506.jpeg
5068FA9C-50EC-4FEC-8EE9-9B2136894358.jpeg

Bakflip revolver works with Rambar. Lots of YouTube videos showing compatibility.

I can also confirm the Revolver X4s works with the Rambar, even though several vendors websites says it does not. Installed on my truck a couple days ago. Did have to remove the lower side bolt from Rambar, and removed the front spacer installed on the X4s rails. Did also add a couple of layers of double-sided 3M foam to the top of the bed rails to help with the height difference. Only issue is one of the plastic end-caps was broken in shipping. BAK is sending me a replacement, but it does seem like the weak point in the setup. In fact, the one on the opposite side popped off when I was rolling it up earlier today.

I can also confirm the Revolver X4s works with the Rambar, even though several vendors websites says it does not. Installed on my truck a couple days ago. Did have to remove the lower side bolt from Rambar, and removed the front spacer installed on the X4s rails. Did also add a couple of layers of double-sided 3M foam to the top of the bed rails to help with the height difference. Only issue is one of the plastic end-caps was broken in shipping. BAK is sending me a replacement, but it does seem like the weak point in the setup. In fact, the one on the opposite side popped off when I was rolling it up earlier today.
It's bizarre how similar our experience has been. One of my end caps was broken in shipping as well. BAK was on the money with customer service and sent me a kit with all 4 end caps. Well that's a good thing, because I also managed to lose another end cap, because it kept popping off. Here's what I learned: the end cap just barely touches the rambar as you roll up the cover. This appears to be unavoidable. But if the cover is misaligned to one side by even the tiniest amount, the end cap can be touched by the rambar so hard that it pops the end cap off. So I took two actions:
1. Took a lot of time to perfectly align my cover in the rails.
2. Removed the two end caps near the tailgate, applied some super glue gel to contact areas, and carefully installed, ensuring I was not getting glue everywhere.

So far this has worked and my end caps have stayed in place.

Agree... the tailgate caps seem to be the weak point. I lost one or two after initial install, but ended up with a few spares since my first two bed covers were defective, so used hot glue on the underside flanges to keep it from coming out. Then one broke during our recent cold snap, so I'll replace with one of the spares I kept.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back