TRXer
TRX of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Current Ride
Trx 2023
Current Ride #2
Land cruiser lc300
Hello,
I heard that RAM upgraded the axle cv joint is that true and do MY 2023 got the upgraded one? As i have seen the rubber on the old ones seems to crack exposing the inner part causing the lubricant to dry which could damage the moving part in that part all along.

Well that is good news if they updated them. This was mine a few months ago when I blew it apart on my 2021.

TRX CV Joint.jpg

Well that is good news if they updated them. This was mine a few months ago when I blew it apart on my 2021.

View attachment 117146
Yup this is exactly what i am talking about, a lot of people i know got the same issue, when you changed it did they told you that its an upgraded one? Or is it the same?

Yup this is exactly what i am talking about, a lot of people i know got the same issue, when you changed it did they told you that its an upgraded one? Or is it the same?
I don't know. I was going to upgrade to RCV's but they don't make one for the TRX so I got one from the dealer. I hope it's the upgrade. I can look at the part number and figure it out.

I don't know. I was going to upgrade to RCV's but they don't make one for the TRX so I got one from the dealer. I hope it's the upgrade. I can look at the part number and figure it out.
I am heading to the dealership next week i will ask for the upgraded part number, i hope they will be helpful usually they act dumb

It turns out they did upgrade the cv joint many times, so there is many different part number. The latest hold the part number 53011128AG

Last edited:
It turns out they did upgrade the cv joint many times, so there is many different part number. The latest hold the part number 53011128AG
Confirmed. My driver's side boot was leaking from its lip (no tears or cracks that I could see), and they replaced it with this part number under warranty. Didn't manage to grab the part number off the old one to see if it was an older variant.

I have already broke that one. E85 on 37's.
I hardly drive the truck anymore because I don't trust it. Need to do
20240505_151747.jpg
something

Back