Anyone in on the Durango Hellcat?

soulsea

☐ Rekt ☑ Not Rekt
Founding Member
Gallery
Reaction score
I have an order in D status for one and I was wondering if there are any other takers on this here forum.

I can still back out of it if I want to so contemplating what to do.

iris.jpg

iris-2.jpg

I have an order in D status for one and I was wondering if there are any other takers on this here forum.

iris.jpg

iris-2.jpg
Very nice.... what is the $ damage??

No Way I would back out... Only building for 1 year? This will be a keeper..

You know how Dodge does this, sure they'll stop making it at the end of the year and next year there might be a Durango Red Eye. They said no more Demons and the Super Stock is basically that. I just don't trust them in that regard.

That said I wouldn't be collecting it anyway (I don't even know if it's hard to get an allocation for one), I'd just beat on it as really epic daily for a year or two. The TRX is mainly going to be used for off roading out West, so I do need a new dd, but the main reason I'm pondering if this is the right one is because of the redundancy of having two vehicles with the same engine.

We have one ordered and my dealer is saying it is built and shipped, but no eta. Ordered the first day (11/6). Looks like this will arrive before my TRX, which I ordered 9/26. We had a Trackhawk and LOVED it, but my wife needed another seat.

I wished they would of had a part time AWD system so you can at least do a burnout to help it stand out from the Trackhawk.

The rumor mill is that next gen Durango will move to Ram 1500 / Waggy platform. So this may end up to be a real one year run...

I read that the CAFE standards for 2022 will prohibit Dodge from making the Durango Hellcat in 2022.

From Car and Driver: "Sadly, the Durango SRT Hellcat will only be available for the 2021 model year, after which Dodge says it will no longer meet the emissions requirements for its segment. That's not necessarily a reason to fret over, though; Dodge says it will make as many Durango Hellcats as needed to meet customer demand. If you've been waiting years for FCA to finally drop this engine in the Durango, now's your chance."

Yup the whole American auto industry is about to go through a major pussy-fication like in the 80's. Get the last gen American muscle now while the libtard overlords allow it
You are wrong. We are going to see more and more power, it will just be electric. 4 300hp motors gives you 1200hp, good for your corporate cafe standard, and good for us!

You are wrong. We are going to see more and more power, it will just be electric. 4 300hp motors gives you 1200hp, good for your corporate cafe standard, and good for us!
Yep, I can't wait for my 1000 HP Hummer EV to come in 2 years

Yup, electricity is democratizing horsepower, pretty soon they'll slap four small e motors on a $30k Camry and it will be a sub 3sec car just like a half a mil supercar. That's straight line though, focused performance like on track or off road will still take superior engineering, actually more so to cope with the extra power.

All this stuff is coming our way no matter what we do or think. Personally I choose not to resist the inevitable, but in the meantime I am taking advantage of these dead plant eaters whilst I still can.

I'd also prefer for this thread to stick to the DH topic and not to turn into 'that' thread, but this too might be a losing battle.

Yup, electricity is democratizing horsepower, pretty soon they'll slap four small e motors on a $30k Camry and it will be a sub 3sec car just like a half a mil supercar. That's straight line though, focused performance like on track or off road will still take superior engineering, actually more so to cope with the extra power.

All this stuff is coming our way no matter what we do or think. Personally I choose not to resist the inevitable, but in the meantime I am taking advantage of these dead plant eaters whilst I still can.

I'd also prefer for this thread to stick to the DH topic and not to turn into 'that' thread, but this too might be a losing battle.
Last you'll hear out of me on this topic on this thread i promise! But i never said horse power was going away or performance. As a oil man it pains me to say electric cars offer both, what I ment is the conventional muscle car is on its way out and its a sad thing to see a huge part of traditional Americana slowly die off! We are slowly losing supercharger whine, awsome exhaust sound, and everything that comes with a ICE. Electric cars might be great but i sure am ganna miss the glory days of no replacement for displacement!

Last you'll hear out of me on this topic on this thread i promise! But i never said horse power was going away or performance. As a oil man it pains me to say electric cars offer both, what I ment is the conventional muscle car is on its way out and its a sad thing to see a huge part of traditional Americana slowly die off! We are slowly losing supercharger whine, awsome exhaust sound, and everything that comes with a ICE. Electric cars might be great but i sure am ganna miss the glory days of no replacement for displacement!

You don't have to convince me ... I have 1400hp+ of whine coming my way. :)

Durango is in D1 with a ship date of 1/22. 🤙
I am looking forward to your impressions of both vehicles.... should be very interesting. Am a bit jealous though... would love to also have both but.......

Durango is in D1 with a ship date of 1/22. 🤙
Now it really is a race to first delivered with your TRX built a couple days ago

I traded in my Wife's Durango R/T for the TRX. If the TRX would have not been available I would have gotten the Durango SRT, but after 3 R/Ts, I wanted something new, and never owned a real truck yet, so TRX it is.

iris.jpg

iris-2.jpg
We ordered one too. Waiting patiently for the Trx (Hydro Blue) and Durango Hellcat (Destroyer Grey) to arrive. I would definitely not back out. Durango is for my wife. She currently has the Trackhawk and loves it. We will be keeping both Trackhawk and Durango.

Back