Anyone experiencing smoke from the exhaust on startup

Shit happens. Just glad i was a quarter mile away from the dealer when it let loose and i didn’t void a warranty for once.

Interesting how it started with "Hey......smoke on startup"

Many times, those possible somethings are nothings.

In your case...it was definitely something.

So you've voided a warranty before?

Tell.

Interesting how it started with "Hey......smoke on startup"

Many times, those possible somethings are nothings.

In your case...it was definitely something.

So you've voided a warranty before?

Tell.

came from diesels so they’d be deleted and lifted. Also had a wrx and EVO X that we’re heavily voided. Lol

Ok so your not the only one. Mine did it this morning on start up. This is my second motor. The first motor blew up at 850 miles an now this one 4000 is a smoke show. No knocks yet. I will be videoing every morning at start up. FCA is a difficult company.

I have noticed it a couple of times, but seems to be mostly when it has sat for a few days. This happened with my Trackhawk too, so figured it was normal.

I’m still driving around in a freaking Chevy trax waiting for my motor to come in. Best of luck to you guys that yours stay together. I doubt a crank bearing caused smoke but who knows.

Never had this issue…. Because my F-info truck is still in JS status. Ram get your shiat together.

That's a real bummer man, sorry. When was your truck built by the way? Early build or just recently?

The only smoke I worry about is in the cockpit✈️💨

Digging up an old thread.

440 miles on my truck. Following proper break in. Only halfway through my second tank of fuel. Truck sat at my camp site from Friday at 12pm until this morning (sunday) and I just remote started it up and saw a nice big puff of white (maybe blue) smoke out of both tail pipes and it immediately went away.

I’ll check my oil when I fill up on my way home (200 mile drive).

Should I be worried about the smoke?

440 miles on my truck. Following proper break in. Only halfway through my second tank of fuel. Truck sat at my camp site from Friday at 12pm until this morning (sunday) and I just remote started it up and saw a nice big puff of white (maybe blue) smoke out of both tail pipes and it immediately went away.

My redeye challenger would do this, especially if it was cold, started, then immediately shutoff. The next start would do it 100% of the time. Never an issue with the engine though.

If you bring it to the dealer they will do nothing unless it does it right in front of them. I videoed it for them and they still did noting. I eventually sold the truck with 22000 miles on it and the smoke at start up went away. I would ride it for a while.

All 3 of the hellcat engines I've had, will rarely - intermittently puff a minimum amount of smoke at start up .
Never had a issue with any of them . 12k on the currant TRX and very little puff with this one.

My redeye challenger would do this, especially if it was cold, started, then immediately shutoff. The next start would do it 100% of the time. Never an issue with the engine though.

Ok this makes sense. My brother in law wanted to hear the truck cold start and idle, so we did that yesterday afternoon and only let it run for a few minutes before shutting it off. Then started it this morning cold again to warm up before we left and I saw a puff of smoke.

I’ll check tomorrow morning when I start it and see if it does it again.

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back