Ampire canbus immobilizer (DIY installed, $270 total)

Yeah, you’ll have a riot for about 10 seconds until I grab my $30 blank key from eBay and program it just as quickly and easily as you deleted the originals. Not a big deal. Thanks for at least acknowledging that you won’t be able to start it though.
Never acknowledged anything and I will definitely be able to. You act like I don’t install IGLA… correctly and have researched every spot. You have no training on the viable vehicle systems and proper locations, what factory harnesses look like before and after and how to locate it. It is not the same as what we use and I said as much. Enjoy the rest of your night

Yeah, you’ll have a riot for about 10 seconds until I grab my $30 blank key from eBay and program it just as quickly and easily as you deleted the originals. Not a big deal. Thanks for at least acknowledging that you won’t be able to start it though.
You don’t even need a blank fob, you just program your originals right back to the truck.
Also, JScan is on the verge of getting fob programming working on the 1500’s (already working for the heavy duties), so as cheap as JScan is, the whole “they’ll delete your fobs” will soon be a non issue.

On another note, I can confirm that the PRO does allow factory remote start on a jeep gladiator, but it does shut down as soon as the door is opened, so I can’t see it being any different on a 1500.

You don’t even need a blank fob, you just program your originals right back to the truck.
Also, JScan is on the verge of getting fob programming working on the 1500’s (already working for the heavy duties), so as cheap as JScan is, the whole “they’ll delete your fobs” will soon be a non issue.
But now anyone with JScan can break into your truck, program a blank key, and drive away (unless you have an immobilizer). Right?

Installed the Ampire immobilizer tonight. Allow yourself about 4 hours, but much of this will be accessing a good location and hiding your tracks. Follow @OnTheReel 's advice, use service info to find a good location and Do Not Use the location in the instructions, which is way too obvious. This video shows the most complex part of the install, which is tapping into the four wires, power/ground/CAN+/CAN-

I used the soldering iron to clear a splice location instead of wire strippers.
The sequence to start is: with foot off brake, push start twice (ACC-RUN), enter sequence of steering wheel buttons, push brake, and hit start. Works like a champ. I'm also keeping my Mobilistics relay, with a cable lock around the fuse box.

Thread '$15 locking fuse box (for Mobilistics or other relay devices)' https://www.ram-trx.com/threads/15-locking-fuse-box-for-mobilistics-or-other-relay-devices.13237/

Last edited:
Installed the Ampire immobilizer tonight. Allow yourself about 4 hours, but much of this will be accessing a good location and hiding your tracks. Follow @OnTheReel 's advice, use service info to find a good location and Do Not Use the location in the instructions, which is way too obvious. This video shows the most complex part of the install, which is tapping into the four wires, power/ground/CAN+/CAN-

The sequence to start is: with foot off brake, push start twice (ACC-RUN), enter sequence of steering wheel buttons, push brake, and hit start. Works like a champ. I'm also keeping my Mobilistics relay, with a cable lock around the fuse box.

Thread '$15 locking fuse box (for Mobilistics or other relay devices)' https://www.ram-trx.com/threads/15-locking-fuse-box-for-mobilistics-or-other-relay-devices.13237/
Nice, happy to hear you’re up and running with it. Mines been absolutely flawless. I still “test” it once in awhile (forget to put the PIN in). I’ve used service mode a couple times too, when I had tires and tint done. Easy to turn on and off. I don’t think that mode times out like IGLA, but I wouldn’t forget to reactivate it anyway. I am accustomed to looking for the hazards to blink once when I open the door after shutting the truck off. That indicates it’s armed, which is a nice little reminder / confirmation.

Beautiful! I wish i could do things myself!!! I can barely do the gymnastics routine required to check my oil in this truck. Need a scaffold and a spotter! 😅

Beautiful! I wish i could do things myself!!! I can barely do the gymnastics routine required to check my oil in this truck. Need a scaffold and a spotter! 😅
Thanks! Trade your scaffolding in for a 3-step kitchen ladder! They are a nice, stable platform for engine compartment work. Also have an engine creeper; doesn't see a lot of use, but it has been a life saver for some jobs.

Thanks! Trade your scaffolding in for a 3-step kitchen ladder! They are a nice, stable platform for engine compartment work. Also have an engine creeper; doesn't see a lot of use, but it has been a life saver for some jobs.

Yep. I bought this to wash or work on the TRX.

Yep. I bought this to wash or work on the TRX.

That looks nicer than my 4 ft step ladder or my kitchen ladder. I just keep thinking i need to be able to reach more. That oil dip stick is in a completely user unfriendly place. Every time i pull it out i use a paper towel at the bottom because it feels like its going to sling oil. Its long!! Its just me being short and where its located. Its Awkward. I have this picture in my mind of the ladder kicking out and me doing a belly flop into the engine compartment, flailing on the fender. Ive done worse.
Ive never had a problem checking oil before.
Anyhow i ruled out scaffolding long ago but a spotter, i can always use one of those.

You're right. The dipstick is in an awkward spot and without the rubber feet on the Gorilla ladder, I could see it slipping out and doing a faceplant on the fender. :LOL:

You're right. The dipstick is in an awkward spot and without the rubber feet on the Gorilla ladder, I could see it slipping out and doing a faceplant on the fender. :LOL:
Stupid human tricks! Not to mention that its not at all uncommon for my driveway/ parking area to be a sheet of ice in the winter. Somehow i made it through this past winter without any major slip/ falls but there were a few in other winters past that would have been fun to see on camera!

I'm going to order the pro version. On a scale of 1 to 10, how difficult was the install? Any tips, things to avoid or extra items that should be purchased?
Curious to hear about how the Pro version works for you. The basic version works fine for me and my TRX, but will likely need the Pro version to convince my wife to add it on her Jeep 392. Assuming you got the fob to go with it, which should make it easy to use.

Back