2025 TRX reveal

I was gong to say I did the same thing a few weeks back and it came out to about 86 grand. And like you said only option is the SO Hurricane so the RHO is going to be expensive IMO
Agreed. Add in all the options - it'll easily be over $100k with ~25% less power and maybe +1-2mpg lmao

I dont understand why anyone would buy anything but the up and coming Ramcharger 1500. You get ~700mi range, 14k towing capability, covers 99% of daily driving on pure EV, 0-60 thats TRX land and you never have to worry about charging it if you dont want to. The only thing that is missing is a V8 but theres something to be said when you can accelerate the same, tow 2x more and have 2.5x the range.

44.jpg

Bro, this you?

I dont understand why anyone would buy anything but the up and coming Ramcharger 1500. You get ~700mi range, 14k towing capability, covers 99% of daily driving on pure EV, 0-60 thats TRX land and you never have to worry about charging it if you dont want to. The only thing that is missing is a V8 but theres something to be said when you can accelerate the same, tow 2x more and have 2.5x the range.
Because it's got batteries and will be absolutely worthless once you drive it off the lot like every other battery powered vehicle.

Give me a twin turbo V8 with some torque filling from a hybrid single motor setup on the flywheel. Linear power band like a supercharged V8, gas mileage like a turbo V8 with a little electric and torque for days.

Since a plain old 2025 Rebel starts at 64k, I have a hard time picturing this thing being less than 80. A lot of our early members paid around that (or less) for their Level 2 TRXs so it’ll be a hard sell here. But with the general public, it will probably do well.

Agreed. A V6 Raptor is ~$80k. The Raptor R's are such unobtainum, the choice for someone who missed the TRX bandwagon really comes down to whether they want a V6 Raptor or an I6 RHO.

If the RHO isn't equally priced or cheaper than a V6 Raptor they aren't going to sell many.

Agreed. A V6 Raptor is ~$80k. The Raptor R's are such unobtainum, the choice for someone who missed the TRX bandwagon really comes down to whether they want a V6 Raptor or an I6 RHO.

$95k for one that's the equivalent of a Level 2 Ram. If Ram wants to sell the RHO, they better price it competitively.

Screenshot 2024-04-17 121917.png

To be fair the RHO is still gonna have at least a 90 hp edge over the V6 Raptor. And arguably a nicer interior with some unique new features like the passenger display, etc. Definitely nothing that would make me trade but it should be enough to draw some buyers away from the Raptor.

They have to realize that they're going head to head withe the Raptor now, with an unproven powertrain. They're not gonna be competitive in the segment if they can't come in just under the Raptor and start showing what it's capable of once they pull the cover off it.

This feels like your wife had beautiful DDD's and chose to do a breast reduction surgery and now you are supposed to say they look much better small and act like who needs big boobs for.

My buddy was always attracted to girls with glasses and big boobs, so his wife got LASIK and a breast reduction.

To be fair the RHO is still gonna have at least a 90 hp edge over the V6 Raptor. And arguably a nicer interior with some unique new features like the passenger display, etc. Definitely nothing that would make me trade but it should be enough to draw some buyers away from the Raptor.
I always figured not being gay was enough to keep folks from buying a Ford.

I think many are missing this point. It’s not a TRX replacement, Ram even said this. Its a V6 Raptor competitor and should best it with the amount of time Ram has had to benchmark it. The good news for us is that having the RHO should allow Ram to further refine the platform ultimately resulting in an even better future TRX.
I will never understand how RAM expects its customers to get a V6 paying more than we paid for our V8s and seem contempt... unless they further"perfect" a TRX that could fly there's just no way one would choose a somewhat better suspension or lighter truck that still feels slower and sounds like a tunned fart in a can.

Common sense points this is a dumb move and regardless of who's fault it is we can't act like this is exciting.

Truth is makers bet on the electrification as a certain future and now have no clue what's in front of them

I will never understand how RAM expects its customers to get a V6 paying more than we paid for our V8s and seem contempt... unless they further"perfect" a TRX that could fly there's just no way one would choose a somewhat better suspension or lighter truck that still feels slower and sounds like a tunned fart in a can.

Common sense points this is a dumb move and regardless of who's fault it is we can't act like this is exciting.

Truth is makers bet on the electrification as a certain future and now have no clue what's in front of them
This is exactly what everyone gen 1 raptor owner said about the gen 2...... Other than the HP difference this is the exact same move. Judging by how the Gen 2 sold, I wouldn't exactly say it was a flop.
Again THIS IS NOT A GEN 2 TRX, If Ram kept the TRX nameplate then yes a stupid move, but they are closing it out and creating something new.

This is exactly what everyone gen 1 raptor owner said about the gen 2...... Other than the HP difference this is the exact same move. Judging by how the Gen 2 sold, I wouldn't exactly say it was a flop.
Again THIS IS NOT A GEN 2 TRX, If Ram kept the TRX nameplate then yes a stupid move, but they are closing it out and creating something new.
That plausible but we read " TRX SUCCESSOR" in every marketing ad for this pile of shit.
Look what that word means and tell us RAM fucked up in its marketing and we'll easily agree.
0B6B6B9C-7308-43FE-8A43-7EC08DBD4E27~3.jpeg

That plausible but we read " TRX SUCCESSOR" in every marketing ad for this pile of shit.
Look what that word means and tell us RAM fucked up in its marketing and we'll easily agree.
View attachment 127872
Is it Ram saying this or just media outlets???
Marketing would mean Ram press release. Not motor1.com
If Ram said it then by all means yes that’s a dumb way for them to frame it.

And I wonder if the Ram Charger dual wireless charging setup will be plug and play for us. It looks to be the same as the Trx but you can charge on the right side where a phone can be held.
IMG_3615.jpeg

Sort of, but if this thing is a TRX body/vents/scoops/dot lights with an inline 6, not really. Huge disappointment to me anyway. Again it’s like putting a turbo 4 cylinder into a GT500. They should rework the sheet metal to set it apart but it’s too late for that.

Back