??? 2024 TRX ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
there’s nothing else like the sound and torque of these motors as it stands today. Sure there’s more power out there, but the HEMIs are something else.

The V6, no matter how many turbos or whatever bullshit inducing speaker sound, tuning device, they install, will push you back into your seat, and enjoy the supercharger whine/exhaust note. My old mustang didn’t give the same feeling, and that was a manual roush stage 2.

Have a challenger scat and the TRX and every time I need a good mind clearing, other than normal driving enjoyment these are here. I love these engines. Over my cold dead hands would I swap for a v6.

Last edited:
6 cylinder = the reason I sold my last Raptor

I am ok with the 6 cylinder in my bmw, but a 6 cylinder sound coming out of an oversized pick up like a TRX or Raptor? No bueno for me.

I am ok with the 6 cylinder in my bmw, but a 6 cylinder sound coming out of an oversized pick up like a TRX or Raptor? No bueno for me.
Exactly with the raptor. Never looked at it again after they got rid of the v8.

I didn’t mind the V6 in my Raptor, nor the exhaust note (the truck was so well insulated you couldn’t hear it). What pushed me over the edge was the fake engine sound piped into the cab. I thought I’d get used to it, but after a year I just couldn’t take it anymore!

I6, I am out. I won’t be caught dead in a 6 cylinder truck. The sound of the raptor eco boost alone makes me cringe and am sure this one will have the same kind of sound. Not taking a step back…. the sound of the hellcat v8 is way too good.

Very possible they stopped taking orders to see how many HC motors they still have between the TRX and other vehicles for this year.
Did I miss something? Is there a thread that discusses an order pause?

Did I miss something? Is there a thread that discusses an order pause?
A couple of dealers said that they were informed by their RAM reps that MY23 ordering will close at the end of the month due to meeting production limits, and that ordering will open up again end of 2nd quarter, beginning of 3rd quarter. Both dealers have a reputation for being honest and accurate, so this is likely true.

Many on here are speculating that:
1. Ordering may not open up again after this pause
2. This pause indicates that MY24 will be either no TRX, or TRX without the Hellcat V8

Be we like to speculate on here :)

However you look at it something is in the wind, only the TRX has an order closing the rest of the line remains open.

When and if ordering does resume I bet it's a chit show.

I didn’t mind the V6 in my Raptor, nor the exhaust note (the truck was so well insulated you couldn’t hear it). What pushed me over the edge was the fake engine sound piped into the cab. I thought I’d get used to it, but after a year I just couldn’t take it anymore!
No I couldn't hear that V6 exhaust note from inside the cab but I knew what it sounded like outside 😂 Kind of like a burly body builder that has the voice of a soprano. 😂

I6, I am out. I won’t be caught dead in a 6 cylinder truck.
I dunno. My straight Six has brought our Challengers, Trackhawks, and TRXs, home from the dealer.
And maybe a Durango in a few months.

The straight 6 that I'd like in my TRX is a 600 hp Cummins. Actually I'm happy with my 23

Reactions: Two
A straight six and a V6 are not the same thing. Yall equating them are crazy. The I6 motors with a proper sized snail have insane torque and speed. They spool quicker than a V6 and lay down way more torque than a V6. They're an extremely torquey motor.

Exhaust wise, no they're not going to sound like a V8. The growl wont be quite the same, they'll sound more like an angry Ferrari or Lamborghini. There's no replacement for the V8 sound, the I6 sound is distinct and different. If you don't like it, not much can be done about that.

But one thing is for sure, the I6 motor will scoot and move just as quick if not quicker than the Hellcat V8.

A straight six and a V6 are not the same thing. Yall equating them are crazy. The I6 motors with a proper sized snail have insane torque and speed. They spool quicker than a V6 and lay down way more torque than a V6. They're an extremely torquey motor.

Exhaust wise, no they're not going to sound like a V8. The growl wont be quite the same, they'll sound more like an angry Ferrari or Lamborghini. There's no replacement for the V8 sound, the I6 sound is distinct and different. If you don't like it, not much can be done about that.

But one thing is for sure, the I6 motor will scoot and move just as quick if not quicker than the Hellcat V8.

Reminds me of my tuned F80 M3. That was amazing.

there’s nothing else like the sound and torque of these motors as it stands today. Sure there’s more power out there, but the HEMIs are something else.

The V6, no matter how many turbos or whatever bullshit inducing speaker sound, tuning device, they install, will push you back into your seat, and enjoy the supercharger whine/exhaust note. My old mustang didn’t give the same feeling, and that was a manual roush stage 2.

Have a challenger scat and the TRX and every time I need a good mind clearing, other than normal driving enjoyment these are here. I love these engines. Over my cold dead hands would I swap for a v6.
Probably be a straight 6....just saying and diesels with their low rpm torque were straights not V engines as the Cummins continues to be.

I6, I am out. I won’t be caught dead in a 6 cylinder truck. The sound of the raptor eco boost alone makes me cringe and am sure this one will have the same kind of sound. Not taking a step back…. the sound of the hellcat v8 is way too good.
But you know that the V8 is a dying breed unfortunately.

But you know that the V8 is a dying breed unfortunately.
Only at Stellantis apparently. They seem to be over-correcting after being the last one to the game with a boosted engine “suitable” for full size truck use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back