2023 Chirp sound does not go away. 1000 miles.

Itsamario

TRX Member
Reaction score
Picked up my TRX late last month from Mark Dodge. they were GREAT by the way. Noticed a chirping sound (almost sounds like a loose belt) when I picked it up, didn’t pay much attention to it. Drove back to Houston. The chirping sound is still there. 1000 miles later. The chirp does not seem to go away at all. Even after it warms up. I did a little research on this and found an old thread but no apparent fix to it. Wanted to revisit this to see if anyone had the same issue and if they were able to get it fixed. Are you guys just dealing with it? Doesn’t bother me when I’m driving windows up and speakers blasting. But when I’m idled, at a stop or just anyone wanting to check out the truck the sound is just a bit annoying. I’ve seen other TRX trucks and they don’t seem to have the same chirp.

I am in the Richmond, TX side of town was wondering if anyone had a preferred dealership for service on the vehicle if that’s something that can get fixed.

Attachments

• IMG_6925.MOV
    13.7 MB
  • IMG_6924.MOV
    13.2 MB
Picked up my TRX late last month from Mark Dodge. they were GREAT by the way. Noticed a chirping sound (almost sounds like a loose belt) when I picked it up, didn’t pay much attention to it. Drove back to Houston. The chirping sound is still there. 1000 miles later. The chirp does not seem to go away at all. Even after it warms up. I did a little research on this and found an old thread but no apparent fix to it. Wanted to revisit this to see if anyone had the same issue and if they were able to get it fixed. Are you guys just dealing with it? Doesn’t bother me when I’m driving windows up and speakers blasting. But when I’m idled, at a stop or just anyone wanting to check out the truck the sound is just a bit annoying. I’ve seen other TRX trucks and they don’t seem to have the same chirp.

I am in the Richmond, TX side of town was wondering if anyone had a preferred dealership for service on the vehicle if that’s something that can get fixed.
Mine sound almost the same maybe not as loud....I think...I also picked up my car from Mark last month. reading through all the forums...that is "normal"...

Mine sound almost the same maybe not as loud....I think...I also picked up my car from Mark last month. reading through all the forums...that is "normal"...
Yeah mine is pretty loud. Everyone points it out. Didn’t seem normal to me. Hoping someone has a solution.

Rattle / clatter / marbles in a jar sound on cold start, then goes away = normal.
Chirping = exhaust leak.

My 23 chirps...guys put the tires on asked me about it? My 22 also chirped exactly the same...

I also have the same chirp in my 23.

This has been posted before but for those that may not have seen it, this is is a Star bulletin put out some time ago regarding this issue. My truck does this as well but pretty much goes away once fully warmed up.

Attachments

• IMG_2169.PNG
    IMG_2169.PNG
    751.1 KB · Views: 98
Thanks.
just getting used to it. I just have to remind myself....This is not a Lexus...

Mine also chirps but really doesn’t bother me. I don’t focus on it. If I did I would probably hear it more. Drive that thing and enjoy it. 😎

Every single trx make this noise and it’s totally normal, unless you are a unlucky one that has an actual exhaust leak or any similar issue

Same. Got mine from Mark Dodge a few weeks ago. They were incredible.

When the delivery guys were backing my truck off the ramps and I heard it, I was very concerned. After reading it was normal, I hardly notice it anymore.

Mine only exists at idle. I notice it when stopped at stop lights and the windows are down. Pretty annoying honestly. It immediately goes away if i give it a 250-500 RPM boost, or if I shift in to neutral it'll go away.

Back