1500 Paint Process

Brad1331

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Silver TRX

Not Directly TRX related but right around the 3 minute mark you see the beds getting painted on an assembly line and there are 4 different colors in a row which means each truck/part can be painted a completely different color one right after the other. I just assumed they would have to set up that all the black trucks get painted then change to the blue then red etc.....Not really sure what this means other than it is a complete crap shoot as to what trucks they decide to build first....Fingers crossed they are tracking this forum and decide to build all our trucks first to get the most publicity....

I’m always fascinated watching these vids. Pretty cool really.

If you look, the arms are different colors in the shots. SHAP has multiple paint booths. Spray a different color on each line and then all the lines meet up for final clear coat together. The last screenshot you see a black, white, and 2 red shells on the line.

One cab getting painted with the blue arms
1602570428289.png

And then you see another set of red arms, more than likely clear coat
1602570465020.png

If you look, the arms are different colors in the shots. SHAP has multiple paint booths. Spray a different color on each line and then all the lines meet up for final clear coat together. The last screenshot you see a black, white, and 2 red shells on the line.

One cab getting painted with the blue arms
View attachment 1080

And then you see another set of red arms, more than likely clear coat
View attachment 1081
I see good catch, I was shocked that they would have the ability to change paint colors from 1 truck to the next and looks like my bewilderment was well founded.

"looks like my bewilderment was well founded" :rolleyes:?

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back