1200hp Thread

Motastic

TRX Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
Hydro Blue TRX
Love my TRX. Got it last week and took it to COTA with my GT3rs.

would not recommend towing with it but sure as hell makes the ride fun though.
225B3F42-3E2A-4561-9690-556DA8166220.jpeg

Nice! why would you not recommend towing with it? Picking mine up this week (hopefully). Towed plenty with my Raptor, planning on using the TRX to tow as needed.

I had a lot of trailer sway with it, the truck couldn’t handle the load well, compared to my old raptor.

my trailer weighed maybe 1500 pounds and car another 3500ish I think.

Interesting. Bummer. Thanks for the reply. I think I'll be towing a little less (trailer and horses) or (trailer and track bike(s)). We'll see what the dynamics are. Jealous of the GT3RS:)

Not trying to be insulting here -- but do you have too much weight on the back end of the axles of the trailer? Could try shifting some of the weight forward to increase the tongue weight, which should cut down on sway.

E500658A-684E-41A8-9550-FB65789F3882.jpeg

I have same trailer and this hands down towed 100 % better then my 2012 Ram 1500 , like it wasn’t even there , you need to adjust your tongue weight or something my car is 4000 plus that trailer

I had a lot of trailer sway with it, the truck couldn’t handle the load well, compared to my old raptor.

my trailer weighed maybe 1500 pounds and car another 3500ish I think.
Given how expensive the truck, trailer, and payload is, what do you use for a hitch? Have you considered a Gen-Y hitch with the stabilizer system? I have a friend who tows boats and uses their torsion hitch and swears by it and TFL seems to swear by it too.

Let me asks a towing question.

If you tow over the design specification towing max weight, some breaks, does PCM/ECM or some other unit, monitor how your driving it.

The truck overheat light comes on or like Ben Hardy, transmission line was leaking, light was on and he still drove 10 or 20 miles to dealer and had to have transmission and diff's replaced.

I am just courious how advance the tracking is.

Not trying to be insulting here -- but do you have too much weight on the back end of the axles of the trailer? Could try shifting some of the weight forward to increase the tongue weight, which should cut down on sway.
You also need to level that trailer, tongue is to high, also a weight distribution hitch works wonders...

LOL just sold this in did not drive it much the last couple of years C7 Z06 quite modified. This one and the truck would be 1550. With the 2021 X5 M and the truck 1300 Club. ;)

Range Rover Sport Supercharged V8 along with the TRX

Attachments

• FF1F7EFE-2528-42F7-9711-D53E2B632533.jpeg
    FF1F7EFE-2528-42F7-9711-D53E2B632533.jpeg
    438 KB · Views: 76
Amazing rides! Love them.

@Viper1500 do you ever track that beast or just straight line races? or anything?

Back