TRX Junkie
Gallery
Reaction score
The peoples republic of New york... Long Island
Current Ride
2022 Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
2016 supercharged Silverado
Well I finally did it. Going over and over watching everyone's build I finally pulled the trigger and went with Ripatuned. It seemed everyone here had there own version of what's right. I'm not even going to start to pretend I have experience with this stuff and debate any of it. I saw lots of guys just getting a boost and being happy with it and some went all the way. Here's what I seemed to see with guys going for maximum power. They seemed to take a bits of it and just continually make upgrades to find the sweet spot. The bottom line is that's expensive. Its best to pay someone who has already done all the experimenting. Thats Ripa. Like anyone, you do a build and work on the success of that build then use that knowledge and add to it with the next. It improves with every new build, Seeing how Ripa does more TRX's than anyone, short of Hennessy who really isnt a builder IMO, it was the best choice for me.
I started by calling Steve at Ripa who had already did 2 800 kits in 2 of my other TRX's. After being on this forum I really couldn't decide what I wanted and Had a gigantic case of analysis paralysis form studying everyone's builds. I told him I wanted the most on pump gas.
Here's what he had
Ripa has a 900RWHP kit that they install and with no guess work get 900 hp on 93
It basically consists of a Whipple blower, Incognito pulley, cam, headers, ported heads and a chiller, plus supporting parts and tuning. Thats basically ~$25k
The theory I was told is your limited to 16 psi boost with 93 so you have to find efficiencies to increase HP. Hence that list was the secrete sauce.
I didn't want to fall short at the end so I added a built 426. More cubes was a no brainer as I was already going to be deep into it. It gave me 150 hp more. This was ~20k
Here's the end results. I dropped the truck off and got it back in less than 3 weeks. I had a goal of 1000RWHP and got it. I was about $47k complete
Now that I'm here I'm wishing I went the next step and did the blower delete TT set up. The next effeciancy it to remove blower drag. To my understanding That's a 150+ hp gain. So I guess in a nutshell 1200RWHP is the real highest 93 pump gas number as of now. I shyed away from it because you need a stall converter and I'm always towing with the truck. So I have a 1063 hp work truck. Woo Hoo!
The truck screams. I left a 4wd burnout 100" long with it and likely could have done more. I know the next question is how fast? Well I don't intend to race it. Its really my work truck and I keep all my tools in it. Knowing it's not correct on the truck is says 2.7 0-60 and I never had better than 3.9
Amazing enough the truck gets better fuel economy. I got 17.4 on my way back and when I run it I don't see single digets anymore.
I can tell you Steve at Ripa has it down pat. It was done at the quoted price and on time. I would recommend this supplier for anything you need.

Attachments

• 123_1 (1).JPEG
    123_1 (1).JPEG
    464.2 KB · Views: 1,211
  • 123_1.jpeg
    123_1.jpeg
    405.8 KB · Views: 240
Thanks for posting. This is the stuff I enjoy reading... 1063 on pump gas is pretty awesome. Any plans to go with an E85 tune? Any drivetrain upgrades coming?

Thanks for posting. This is the stuff I enjoy reading... 1063 on pump gas is pretty awesome. Any plans to go with an E85 tune? Any drivetrain upgrades coming?
The reason for building this way is that e85 is scarce in NY and I drive the truck from NY to Fl. There's rarely e 85 on the way. The main reason for not doing turbos was I needed to modify the transmission with a stall converter. I wanted to stay with a stock transmission & drive train. I actually use the truck daily for my construction business, towing trailers is common for me.
So far I have never seen a pump gas truck do 1000hp. Ripa did a good job.

Your really tempting me to do this to my construction work truck... lol

Congrats, on the new beast mode! 👍👍👍🚀🚀🚀 Awesome write up! Thanks for sharing your experience! I would love to do what you did one of these days.

Sounds awesome! Would love to see what she does on a track both 0-60 and 1/4 mile times...

While I do want a few more horses under the hood, will have to stay much milder...like under $10K total for performance enhancements! All my money will be going into a new custom home...Wish to hell I had built under Trump and not this jackass...

Well I finally did it. Going over and over watching everyone's build I finally pulled the trigger and went with Ripatuned. It seemed everyone here had there own version of what's right. I'm not even going to start to pretend I have experience with this stuff and debate any of it. I saw lots of guys just getting a boost and being happy with it and some went all the way. Here's what I seemed to see with guys going for maximum power. They seemed to take a bits of it and just continually make upgrades to find the sweet spot. The bottom line is that's expensive. Its best to pay someone who has already done all the experimenting. Thats Ripa. Like anyone, you do a build and work on the success of that build then use that knowledge and add to it with the next. It improves with every new build, Seeing how Ripa does more TRX's than anyone, short of Hennessy who really isnt a builder IMO, it was the best choice for me.
I started by calling Steve at Ripa who had already did 2 800 kits in 2 of my other TRX's. After being on this forum I really couldn't decide what I wanted and Had a gigantic case of analysis paralysis form studying everyone's builds. I told him I wanted the most on pump gas.
Here's what he had
Ripa has a 900RWHP kit that they install and with no guess work get 900 hp on 93
It basically consists of a Whipple blower, Incognito pulley, cam, headers, ported heads and a chiller, plus supporting parts and tuning. Thats basically ~$25k
The theory I was told is your limited to 16 psi boost with 93 so you have to find efficiencies to increase HP. Hence that list was the secrete sauce.
I didn't want to fall short at the end so I added a built 426. More cubes was a no brainer as I was already going to be deep into it. It gave me 150 hp more. This was ~20k
Here's the end results. I dropped the truck off and got it back in less than 3 weeks. I had a goal of 1000RWHP and got it. I was about $47k complete
Now that I'm here I'm wishing I went the next step and did the blower delete TT set up. The next effeciancy it to remove blower drag. To my understanding That's a 150+ hp gain. So I guess in a nutshell 1200RWHP is the real highest 93 pump gas number as of now. I shyed away from it because you need a stall converter and I'm always towing with the truck. So I have a 1063 hp work truck. Woo Hoo!
The truck screams. I left a 4wd burnout 100" long with it and likely could have done more. I know the next question is how fast? Well I don't intend to race it. Its really my work truck and I keep all my tools in it. Knowing it's not correct on the truck is says 2.7 0-60 and I never had better than 3.9
Amazing enough the truck gets better fuel economy. I got 17.4 on my way back and when I run it I don't see single digets anymore.
I can tell you Steve at Ripa has it down pat. It was done at the quoted price and on time. I would recommend this supplier for anything you need.
Next time you do a 4x4 burn out make sure someone is filming it so we can all enjoy it also - your TRX sounds like a beast !!! Thanks for the post .

Interestingly, my draggy and my truck are identical. Both show 3.9 0-60. The draggy does use the 1' rule. Not sure if that changes things. I assumed that the truck must do that as well.

Here's what he had
God that’s awesome. Can’t wait till you post a video of that beast !

Interestingly, my draggy and my truck are identical. Both show 3.9 0-60. The draggy does use the 1' rule. Not sure if that changes things. I assumed that the truck must do that as well.
Now that you mention it on my first TRX's I had 3.9 as a starter and on the 22' it never did better than 4.1 until I added the incognito pulley. I guess some are more accurate than others from the factory.

Here's what he had
This is wild! Where in ny are you? I’d love to see this thing in person 🤣

Can anyone figure out what the equation is for the ROI, being that he's getting 17 MPG? :D

Can anyone figure out what the equation is for the ROI, being that he's getting 17 MPG? :D

Assume, being very conservative, he was getting 8.5mpg before, so his mileage doubled. So, that means at $3.75/gallon for premium (average), he's saving half per mile. So, he's saving 22 cents per mile.

For his $47k investment, he will be net positive in 213,067 miles.

Seems like a no brainer to me! Calling Steve now.

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back