What's stopping a TRX Baja 1000 Entry?

I’d be down for throwing some money at it for a forum member. Put a cool Baja Sponsor Badge under our username.

Hell- I keep thinking a trip like the Texas Raptor Run channel does would be a blast itself!

That does look very fun.

Whatcha got? I haven’t read this thread, be happy to help with any info I can
What's running cost for a race? Have you seen any return on investment from marketing/exposure?

A stateside race that’s between 200-300 miles usually costs us a minimum of 20-25k with prep/fuel/tires/lodging/food with all volunteer staff, running 2 chase trucks and NO damage. The price RAPIDLY goes up if we have flats, any damage to the truck, or anything like that. We do our own prep so all we pay for on that side is hard parts and those are all heavily discounted from sponsorships. My race program for sure is not even a break even venture for us. Even with all the social media coverage we do and our YouTube Channel (just started that this season, really about 3 months ago). None of those figures include the cost of the chase trucks, insurance, fuel for them, the trailer for the TT, or the initial purchase price of the TT.

A stateside race that’s between 200-300 miles usually costs us a minimum of 20-25k with prep/fuel/tires/lodging/food with all volunteer staff, running 2 chase trucks and NO damage. The price RAPIDLY goes up if we have flats, any damage to the truck, or anything like that. We do our own prep so all we pay for on that side is hard parts and those are all heavily discounted from sponsorships. My race program for sure is not even a break even venture for us. Even with all the social media coverage we do and our YouTube Channel (just started that this season, really about 3 months ago). None of those figures include the cost of the chase trucks, insurance, fuel for them, the trailer for the TT, or the initial purchase price of the TT.
Appreciate the insight. Sounds in line with what we've been mentioning as well. That said, TT parts are a little more gucci than a TRX haha.

Overall, racing is a veryyy expensive venture especially when you do it in baja.

I had a deal with custom wheel house, parent company to a bunch of wheel companies.
My price on 4 beadlocks was still high. And with 5 pits, that’s 24 wheels, plus 2 spares on the truck… add in 26 projects or Toto RT’s etc,
Oooh boy.

Now granted you don’t need to swap all 4 tires at each of the big pit areas, and if you have a deal with BfGoodrich, the tires get less costly… kind of.

But if ram was going to do a factory backed truck, they won’t risk it and new wheel/tires at each stop, and probably another 3 chase trucks with 4 tires each.

That’s a lot of cash just there.

Add in a spare engine, spare trans, front and rear diff, all suspension and knuckles, all shocks x2….

That’s a lot in spares. Easily $500k for a single race. And if you are going to run the all the 250+ mile races in a season except hammers… that adds up. Even if it’s only $200-250k an event.

Appreciate the insight. Sounds in line with what we've been mentioning as well. That said, TT parts are a little more gucci than a TRX haha.

Overall, racing is a veryyy expensive venture especially when you do it in baja.
Honestly most of my TT stuff is on the same Gucci level as my Kibbe stuff on my TRX LOL!!

I will sacrifice my TRX for the cause, just need gas money LOL. The new build will be like 60% of what is needed to race.

I will sacrifice my TRX for the cause, just need gas money LOL. The new build will be like 60% of what is needed to race.
Gas money I can help with. I’ll pay for tacos too.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back