Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
Shoe leather express
Current Ride #2
'18 Colorado ZR2 Long Travel
Military
Zookeeper
I reached out to Filthy Motorsports for pricing on the TRX full set up of kings.

The front, the rear bypass, the hydraulic bump stops and the axle shock.

It’s $11k…

One of the reasons I really like Filthy Motorsports is they do custom tuning. So if you carry a ton of weight, or do a certain type of driving (fast offroad, overland, or spend most time on road) they can revalve them accordingly and if it needs a spring change do that.

I think this is standard pricing, but if you drop the “I saw Fifty’s post” it will make it a certainty. No I do not get a kick back. I have no affiliation other than having been a customer of theirs over the years.

He is a King Master dealer. So where as is little people will have a hard time getting king customized, he specializes in it.

For that price is he custom tuning them too? I found the full King setup for $10.5k shipped. He should be sub-10 if he’s throwing your good name around man!

Last edited:
Is that with bumps and center shock?

I had posted another vendor about 2 months ago that had a great price but it was just the coilovers and bypasses, no bumps or center shock.

Is that with bumps and center shock?

I had posted another vendor about 2 months ago that had a great price but it was just the coilovers and bypasses, no bumps or center shock.
Yessir everything u listed!

I’m finding the coilover and bypass for 9,500 to 9,900 and then the bumps for 1400 and the 5th shock for $295

I can’t find any better deals for that at the moment. Im going to keep looking

But still nothing beating filthy’s pricing. Cheapest closest was $11.100

I’m finding the coilover and bypass for 9,500 to 9,900 and then the bumps for 1400 and the 5th shock for $295

I can’t find any better deals for that at the moment. Im going to keep looking

But still nothing beating filthy’s pricing. Cheapest closest was $11.100
Dont waste ur time my man! Go to Polyperformance and add all 4 items to ur cart...then put the coupon code in...

Which i'm willing to give you once you tell me why ur thinking of going that route instead of modding our OEMs!!

jk but i would like to know what you're thinking of doing! The coupon code is: POLYKING5

And I will say that I bought the axle shock from them a couple months ago. They immediately contacted me the next biz day to advise of it not being in stock & what they estimated the ETA to be if I kept the order open. gave them the green light to keep it on order and the shock came about 10 days before their ETA so I am very pleased with them and plan to do more biz w/them in the future for sure.

Dont waste ur time my man! Go to Polyperformance and add all 4 items to ur cart...then put the coupon code in...

Which i'm willing to give you once you tell me why ur thinking of going that route instead of modding our OEMs!!

jk but i would like to know what you're thinking of doing! The coupon code is: POLYKING5
I just like forwarding good info.
Im still waiting for some take offs to get tuned with the comp adjuster!!

I like to spread good info and good shops!

There seems to be quite a price premium for TRX King shocks when comparing to similar Kings for Raptor/Silverado/Tundra. I'm not sure if the TRX shocks are more upgraded or they are just charging more because of the smaller market. Kings at ~$6K are a lot more tempting than ~$10K.

Guys fill me in on why the swap to king coilovers and shocks?
After the swap can you turn off any cautions you get from not having the factory shocks? Or are the shocks not monitored and removing them doesn't matter to the computer behind the curtain? Inquiring minds would like too know? Totally just aged myself.

There seems to be quite a price premium for TRX King shocks when comparing to similar Kings for Raptor/Silverado/Tundra. I'm not sure if the TRX shocks are more upgraded or they are just charging more because of the smaller market. Kings at ~$6K are a lot more tempting than ~$10K.
100% agree. Kings at $4999 would be on already lol. Kings at $6k would be on after Black friday haha. For $10k+ i would expect/want a mid/long travel kit in that ballpark to mentally justify 5 figures when we bought the trucks with decent live valve shocks to begin with

Guys fill me in on why the swap to king coilovers and shocks?
After the swap can you turn off any cautions you get from not having the factory shocks? Or are the shocks not monitored and removing them doesn't matter to the computer behind the curtain? Inquiring minds would like too know? Totally just aged myself.
Fast forward to 2:29

It’s a little bit of both.
King makes 3 lines of shocks. Prerunner series, oem series and race series.
The prerunner and oem series often share a lot of components and “quality” where the race series has the latest and greatest, made for hammering to no end.

Almost always, king won’t make their oem series with race series parts. Mostly because outside of the finned reservoir they just won’t fit together.

That being said, the do make race series stuff for some oem fitment. Take their raptor stuff, their Silverado 3.0 stuff, and this trx stuff to name 3.
The Silverado kits they make, they make an oem kit and a race kit. The race kit is a lot more expensive than their oem kit. 2.5 vs 3.0 coilovers, ibp vs no ibp, shaft material, piston design, seal head designs, hose and fitting quality, top cap design for spacing etc etc.

For the rears all that also applies but add to that bypass shocks vs smoothies. On the trx kit idk why king prices their bypass and non bypass shock at the same price.
The bypass shock is a lot better and more expensive to make shock.

At the end of the day you can’t compare an oem fitment and a race series oem fitment pricing.

BUT… the trx kit is about $400 more per corner than other race series oem fitment set ups with similar parts. That’s the trx tax.

Another member here I believe either asked the owner of King (who has a trx) or his friend who owns one of the manufacturers of parts for our truck asked Brett why the higher price…

The answer is that they just don’t plan on selling many. There aren’t as many trx trucks as other platforms and even still, most trx owners are the dumb 1/4 mile guys (yea I said it) and they don’t expect to get the sales to better spread the r&d costs.

Last edited:
The prerunner and oem series often share a lot of components and “quality” where the race series has the latest and greatest, made for hammering to no end.

Almost always, king won’t make their oem series with race series parts. Mostly because outside of the finned reservoir they just won’t fit together.

That being said, the do make race series stuff for some oem fitment. Take their raptor stuff, their Silverado 3.0 stuff, and this trx stuff to name 3.
The Silverado kits they make, they make an oem kit and a race kit. The race kit is a lot more expensive than their oem kit. 2.5 vs 3.0 coilovers, ibp vs no ibp, shaft material, piston design, seal head designs, hose and fitting quality, top cap design for spacing etc etc.

For the rears all that also applies but add to that bypass shocks vs smoothies. On the trx kit idk why king prices their bypass and non bypass shock at the same price.

At the end of the day you can’t compare an oem fitment and a race series oem fitment pricing.

BUT… the trx kit is about $400 more per corner than other race series oem fitment set ups with similar parts. That’s the trx tax.

Another member here I believe either asked the owner of King (who has a trx) or his friend who owns one of the manufacturers of parts for our truck asked Brett why the higher price…

The answer is that they just don’t plan on selling many. There aren’t as many trx trucks as other platforms and even still, most trx owners are the dumb 1/4 mile guys (yea I said it) and they don’t expect to get the sales to better spread the r&d costs.
Yeah I haven't spent the time to research the specifics of the different kits but I just noticed this today. These are both 3.0 IBP and there's almost a $1K delta. So yeah I guess about ~$400ish a corner.

Here's my counter to King - you already spent the money on R&D (hopefully lol) so do you want to get your money back or not?! If so, price em a bit more reasonable like def well under $10k for everything. Keeping them at nearly $11k is a huge barrier to entry in my mind esp. after you've already spent $100k on a baja truck. There's a reason Walmart kills it on pricing, e.g., $8.88 (far enough from $10 that you're like ah what the heck, i'll give it a try lol). Obviously King isnt Walmart but the same pricing strategies work IMO. Keeping the kit at nearly $11k is only going to capture the dedicated pre-running/baja guys/etc and not the weekend warriors like me.

The answer is that they just don’t plan on selling many. There aren’t as many trx trucks as other platforms and even still, most trx owners are the dumb 1/4 mile guys (yea I said it) and they don’t expect to get the sales to better spread the r&d cost

Fast forward to 2:29

Thank you for the vid brotha.

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back