Ram-bar removal

I had the dealer pull my Ram Bar off before I picked it up, you will need new bed caps. There’s 6 or 8 holes…

Im going to get! Link on product will be very appreciative!
Here is the thread where the sway bar is discussed in depth. I believe the link to purchase is in there too.

LOL a full tank of gas will make more difference than this. Not nearly as much weight as you would think.
I honestly dont know.. compared to my 19 limited. Body roll is more for sure..
This is all good news. I don’t want to remove my Rambar!
It would suck if it made a difference to handling.
Im happy too!

So I ordered my Trx with Ram-bar and tire carrier.. I do not care for the top heavy /roll feeling when turning! I was thinking of removing rambar and putting tire under bed for better center of gravity..

HAS ANYONE REMOVED THE RAM-BAR? If so, do you feel a difference in trucks drivability.. not hating..Love the truck ppl
Put a rear sway bar on it ..no more tippy feeling. That is the issue. Nothing to do with the ram bar

So I ordered my Trx with Ram-bar and tire carrier.. I do not care for the top heavy /roll feeling when turning! I was thinking of removing rambar and putting tire under bed for better center of gravity..

HAS ANYONE REMOVED THE RAM-BAR? If so, do you feel a difference in trucks drivability.. not hating..Love the truck ppl

Attachments

• template_0.png
    template_0.png
    475.4 KB · Views: 62
  • Screenshot_20210703-081751.jpg
    Screenshot_20210703-081751.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 58
Moved spare wheel/tire to under bed. Helped. Feels like it's way more than 63lbs tho!!

Yes.. looking for a place that has in stock..
By them separately it cost a little bit more but if you want it now that's what you have to do I posted a picture of the part numbers you need to order the sway bar and the end links separate

By them separately it cost a little bit more but if you want it now that's what you have to do I posted a picture of the part numbers you need to order the sway bar and the end links separate
Awesome. Thanks bud!

So after moving bead-lock rim from tire carrier in bed to underneath, I think it’s safe to say feels MUCH better. Way happier!! Waste of a grand. Glad I get to keep my Ram-bar. Plus with sway -bar kit.. should be good too go! Thanks for all input!

I took delivery of my truck without the RamBar and noticed the same roll feeling on turns. I set the suspension to sport and it went away.

I then installed a RamBar and did not notice a difference. I drive with the suspension in sport all the time now.
Same here.

Helwig says you need Part # 7962. Whats the difference in #7961

I had the dealer remove the rambar just due to looks personally but the one thing I noticed that help the body roll with or without the bar was just setting the suspension to sport in whatever mode you are in (I leave mine in AUTO usually) but it definitely helped with the squishy body roll feel. It is a little stiffer but I feel like it keeps the truck more planted in the corners and helps with crappy roads like here in MN.

Back