All Warning Lights, No-Start, No Key Fob

You’ve misunderstood. If there is a problem with the fob not reading ,as if this happened the truck won’t start. The fob won’t work if the battery is taken out of the fob, if I understood you correctly. There are 4 antennas in the truck. 1 is the left rear door, 2 is the passengers rear door and 3 is behind the back seat in the cab back and 4 is under your center console towards the back by the ORC module. And 5 if you have passive on your tailgate anf that’s behind the bumper.
Holding the fob to the start button, specifically the “conductive” bezel around the start button, while depressing the start button with the key fob is a specific design that Chrysler indicates you’re supposed to use if your key fob battery is dead. Now it’s entirely possible the Service Manager who told me this, and the forums I’ve read, are totally wrong, or maybe it doesn’t apply to all keyless entry Dodge products… I have no idea, but I’ve witnessed it work on other TRX’s. All I can say is it has never worked on my truck. It was the first thing I tried when I actually had a fob with an almost dead battery. Then tried again without a battery. Now I carry extra batteries… even thought about carrying the 2nd fob in a faraday pouch buried in the center console. Decided against that, I make enough poor choices! ;)

Quick update on this thread.

Got the truck towed to dealer on 4/6 Sat afternoon (Larry H Miller Chrysler Dodge in Denver). They didn't hassle me about anything, they did diagnostics this AM (Mon) and had a new RF Module/Hub installed by 1PM. All covered under warranty. No leak in the 3rd brake light or in the rear window.... Sooo in my mind the only thing that could've cause that RF Hub to fail is the Tazer. Make what you will of that, I could be wrong, but I'll say this much - no way I'm putting it back in. I won't try to sell it or even get a refund, wouldn't burden someone else with it. Straight in the trash.

Of course I'm seeing all this tazer trouble popping up right after I install one 😒
I used mine for about a year without issue. I’m going a diff direction now, but if I had kept mine I would’ve disabled all the Taser security/PIN features. When you “disable peddle” it literally erases all the throttle codes, then re-writes them when you put in your PIN/disarm. I don’t know if that’s what ultimately fried my RF Hub or not. Doesn’t seem like the 2 things would be connected. Plenty of guy have been using a Tazer for a long time without issue. More than a few of us have fried RF Hubs though…. Which cripples your TRX until dealer can put in a new one.

Quick update on this thread.

Got the truck towed to dealer on 4/6 Sat afternoon (Larry H Miller Chrysler Dodge in Denver). They didn't hassle me about anything, they did diagnostics this AM (Mon) and had a new RF Module/Hub installed by 1PM. All covered under warranty. No leak in the 3rd brake light or in the rear window.... Sooo in my mind the only thing that could've cause that RF Hub to fail is the Tazer. Make what you will of that, I could be wrong, but I'll say this much - no way I'm putting it back in. I won't try to sell it or even get a refund, wouldn't burden someone else with it. Straight in the trash.

Nelson,
Thank you for the updates on this. I just bought a new TRX and was considering a Tazer when I ran across this thread. I'll pass. I don't want friend electronics. Thank you very much for sharing this!!

TheDude

Nelson,
Thank you for the updates on this. I just bought a new TRX and was considering a Tazer when I ran across this thread. I'll pass. I don't want friend electronics. Thank you very much for sharing this!!

TheDude
IGLA is what you want if you are looking to secure it

Nelson,

TheDude
My IGLA is being installed next Mon. ;)

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back