ADD Pro tow hook modification

Trunty

TRX Fiend
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 TRX
When i installed my new bumper, the factory tow hooks stuck out wayyy too far. I am planning a trip to Moab in a few weeks and needed front recovery points. Decided to use my Sunday to have some fun and modify the factory ones. I was able to cut them down to the middle brace, weld in a 1/4” thick plate to add some strength, cleaned them up, then used some textured paint to hide the small stuff. Really happy with how they turned out, and how well the factory hooks responded to my welds.

Disclaimer: I don’t know what I’m doing and regularly make sketchy fabrication decisions. Use these images and modify at your own risk.

IMG_0198.png

When i installed my new bumper, the factory tow hooks stuck out wayyy too far. I am planning a trip to Moab in a few weeks and needed front recovery points. Decided to use my Sunday to have some fun and modify the factory ones. I was able to cut them down to the middle brace, weld in a 1/4” thick plate to add some strength, cleaned them up, then used some textured paint to hide the small stuff. Really happy with how they turned out, and how well the factory hooks responded to my welds.

Disclaimer: I don’t know what I’m doing and regularly make sketchy fabrication decisions. Use these images and modify at your own risk.

View attachment 112488
How much to do this for me? Haha I've got the same bumper ordered.

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back