Insurance rates bumped, RAM sharing your info

Can the truck send telemetry data without the app? Like others have said, truck has gps, LTE, etc... I wonder if we're all trying to "opt out" of data collection but it's baked in to the TRX experience 😞

What if you never had the app?
oh you had the app. you might not know it but you had it. Remember when the dealer wanted to sit down with you to make sure your Uconnect/etc services are all setup before you leave the dealer? If memory serves, the last 3 FCA vehicles they had a special ipad for it. Remember you probably told them you're good and no thanks? Well they locked you into their "svs" when you touched that ipad haha. Took ur print too.

oh you had the app. you might not know it but you had it. Remember when the dealer wanted to sit down with you to make sure your Uconnect/etc services are all setup before you leave the dealer? If memory serves, the last 3 FCA vehicles they had a special ipad for it. Remember you probably told them you're good and no thanks? Well they locked you into their "svs" when you touched that ipad haha. Took ur print too.
My truck was delivered from about 2,000 miles away and I never went to the dealership or sat down with anyone.

Maybe we should not use our finger pad to select things anymore. Use your knuckle. I tend to do that for credit card process anyhow so my finger tips don't get cooties on them 😆 or a touch pen.
My app has multiple selections to opt out of?? I never signed up with the dealership anyhow but i called in and set it up on the phone along with the payment/ plan.

Maybe we should not use our finger pad to select things anymore. Use your knuckle. I tend to do that for credit card process anyhow so my finger tips don't get cooties on them 😆 or a touch pen.
My app has multiple selections to opt out of?? I never signed up with the dealership anyhow but i called in and set it up on the phone along with the payment/ plan.
I didn’t do that either. I never even spoke with my dealer. Just email and I never had a payment plan for anything. I never had the app and I never touched a dealers iPad. I did sign some papers that were overnighted via fed ex I think.

call them and let them know you have IGLA (anti-theft) device to see if that can be waived?
So when I purchased my 23 TRX last July, I specifically asked if I would get a discount for having IGLA, they said no. But the rate they gave me was the same rate as my other vehicles, and the policy just states RAM 1500. My policy just renewed for the first time since getting the truck and there was no big increase. I have GEICO. For those of you who have been getting screwed, who are you with? I pay about $100 a month for each of my cars. No accidents or tickets.

So when I purchased my 23 TRX last July, I specifically asked if I would get a discount for having IGLA, they said no. But the rate they gave me was the same rate as my other vehicles, and the policy just states RAM 1500. My policy just renewed for the first time since getting the truck and there was no big increase. I have GEICO. For those of you who have been getting screwed, who are you with? I pay about $100 a month for each of my cars. No accidents or tickets.

I don't have any experience with Geico, but this doesn't look promising if you have a claim.

I dumped geico many years ago...swear they would have paid me in rolled coins if they could have...painful experience...dont know till you need em and honestly prob all the same...all suck

When I was hit by a guy that blew a red light two years ago in my Jeep, Travelers had a rental the next morning waiting for me and a check was Fedex'd to me the next day as the Jeep was totaled. Granted this 2022 with all the stupidity with prices so I basically got every penny back that I paid for that Jeep. I was shocked at what Travelers did for me. Highly recommended.

Are custom vehicle shops that can delete this “tracking” hardware?

Thieves delete the tracking hardware pretty easy. I'm sure it's something we can DIY
I remember reading awhile back about another forum member’s experience after they replaced their OEM shocks for king’s, and they said they had an alert at every start up permanently post install. Not sure if there is a workaround for turning off these error messages permanently.

I remember reading awhile back about another forum member’s experience after they replaced their OEM shocks for king’s, and they said they had an alert at every start up permanently post install. Not sure if there is a workaround for turning off these error messages permanently.
Not sure, maybe something in alfobd would work?

Since mine is a 2021 that I converted to 2023 UC5, I have no telematics box and everything else works great. If I did have a 2022+ I’d probably get rid of the telematics anyway. Doesn’t really sit well with me.

Since mine is a 2021 that I converted to 2023 UC5, I have no telematics box and everything else works great. If I did have a 2022+ I’d probably get rid of the telematics anyway. Doesn’t really sit well with me.
I love this forum

I don't have any experience with Geico, but this doesn't look promising if you have a claim.

I could not find mention of GEICO in that thread, can you explain what you mean by "doesn't look promising"? thank you

I could not find mention of GEICO in that thread, can you explain what you mean by "doesn't look promising"? thank you
There was a thread on here where two brothers or friends or something had their trucks stolen and one had geico and one had progressive. The geico guy got hosed compared to the other guy I think.

The link I provided takes you to the post about @zacharysibley brother getting a low-ball settlement from GEICO. He misspelled GEICO...not sure if that threw you off.

I just opened the app for the first time in awhile and it prompted me to set my settings for privacy. Obviously declined.

Back