Heads Up Brightness

Moparornocar

TRX Addict
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
which one
I can't seem to get the brightness on my new '23 back where it was. it worked great the 1700 miles home from Granger but now it's really dim in both daylight and dark.

I went to the HUD settings in the dash, put it on brightness and ran it all the way to 10, I can't see any difference between 1 and 10 at all. the other HUD settings work fine. is there something I'm missing ? I'm sure I messed something up I'm not a tech type dude , but I'd really like to get this working again I liked it.

I can't seem to get the brightness on my new '23 back where it was. it worked great the 1700 miles home from Granger but now it's really dim in both daylight and dark.

I went to the HUD settings in the dash, put it on brightness and ran it all the way to 10, I can't see any difference between 1 and 10 at all. the other HUD settings work fine. is there something I'm missing ? I'm sure I messed something up I'm not a tech type dude , but I'd really like to get this working again I liked it.
Two questions:

Are your headlights in auto?
- If they aren't it may be reverting you to the night setting, effectively dimming the HUD if you are cruising during the day.

Have you adjusted your interior light's brightness with the knobs on the left side of the steering wheel?
- Brightness might be set too low.

Otherwise, disconnecting your battery for a few minutes to reboot the truck might be a good option.

Yes lights are in auto I think, but it's dim in the daylight too.

The brightness knob doesn't seem to effect the HUD at all .

I might have to try restarting it, haven't tried that.

Disconnected the battery for hours, nothing changed.

Guess I'll call the dealer Monday and see if they have any ideas it's useless as it is now. never had it before but now I feel like I'm broke down without it.

Disconnected the battery for hours, nothing changed.

Guess I'll call the dealer Monday and see if they have any ideas it's useless as it is now. never had it before but now I feel like I'm broke down without it.
I love the Heads Up Display and it was one of my must have options when I ordered the truck. My car has the HUD so after getting used to it I was very pleased to see it as an option on the TRX. I would feel as you do if I no longer had it. Hopefully it is a simple fix.

Make sure you save your setting after selecting 10. ?

Good lord, if I set mine to 10 the MPH would be permanently burned into my retinas! :cool:

I think so, it says setting saved in small letters. but hell I'm not sure.

When I run it from 1-10 I really can't see any difference.

my luck I probably have the first one to go tits up and it's on backorder until 2027

I was curious if I could tell the difference from setting 1 (left) and 10 (right) and I took pics to show that it is a pretty striking difference in brightness. You probably have an issue with yours but also make sure you have the height properly adjusted too.

IMG-0773.jpg
IMG-0769.jpg

Make sure the plastic is taken off the heads up projector

When i received my truck heads up was dull
Found the plastic on it. Once removed it was fine.

I moved it around and you're right it does make a difference. but not enough to make it useable.

I'll check the plastic, but it worked good on the trip home so I have my doubts.

thanks for the ideas

Mystery solved, in the process of checking for plastic on it, which it didn't have I got some finger prints on it. so I took a clean microfiber rag and cleaned it and now it works great.

When I got home after the 1700 mile drive from Granger I completely cleaned it inside and out. apparently the interior cleaner with ceramic I used blocked enough of he light it dimmed it way down. it looked perfectly clean I would have never suspected it.

The takeaway from this is use nothing on your HUD display, and these new interior protectants block a lot of light.

Glad you got it fixed

Mystery solved, in the process of checking for plastic on it, which it didn't have I got some finger prints on it. so I took a clean microfiber rag and cleaned it and now it works great.

When I got home after the 1700 mile drive from Granger I completely cleaned it inside and out. apparently the interior cleaner with ceramic I used blocked enough of he light it dimmed it way down. it looked perfectly clean I would have never suspected it.

The takeaway from this is use nothing on your HUD display, and these new interior protectants block a lot of light.
Did this ultimately fix the issue long term? I am having the same problem intermittently I’ve cleaned, adjusted all settings etc. and it comes and goes.

Lol same thing happened to me at 1700 miles as well. Not sure how to get it fixed.

In my case yes it fixed it, still working fine.

The lens in the dash that shines on the windshield has to be surgically clean, sterile. use alcohol or window cleaner. windshield needs to be free of any thing as well. just wiping it with interior cleaner is what messed mine up.

In my case yes it fixed it, still working fine.

The lens in the dash that shines on the windshield has to be surgically clean, sterile. use alcohol or window cleaner. windshield needs to be free of any thing as well. just wiping it with interior cleaner is what messed mine up.
When I turned the truck on this morning the brightness was back to normal. I guess it was just a glitch of some kind.

Just happened to me I turned off the car for a good hour and it fixed itself.

Mine did same thing. It was so dim at night could not see it. Played with settings for two days. No luck. Lasted about a week then started working correctly again. I hate to say it as I love my truck but they are junk. So many issues. Small ones but they add up. They are getting to sophisticated and it’s just more junk to break. I have a 2023. Sorry I’m no help but can relate.

Mine did same thing. It was so dim at night could not see it. Played with settings for two days. No luck. Lasted about a week then started working correctly again. I hate to say it as I love my truck but they are junk. So many issues. Small ones but they add up. They are getting to sophisticated and it’s just more junk to break. I have a 2023. Sorry I’m no help but can relate.
I agree, the car is amazing but unfortunately all the small issues do add up, thats why its my second car my first car is in my opinion is the most reliable and most boring car toyota Land Cruiser 300

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back