Excited about Ram RHO!

I like how they made a big fuss with the air intake system on the TRX.

And this thing has a cone filter.
You can see that laid off SRT engineering budget already in play.

434 pounds missing from the front of the truck is going to make a huge difference in feel though. It would be like driving without Lizzo sitting on the hood of your truck.
Appears to be only 130-180 pounds lighter so lizzo when she was 12 on the hood.

I saw the filter on the passenger side of the engine bay, curious how the hood scoop is set up on the RHO, is it no longer functional?

I saw the filter on the passenger side of the engine bay, curious how the hood scoop is set up on the RHO, is it no longer functional?
It still is, looks like it just channels it off to the side and into the $5 cone filter.
IMG_9289.jpeg

The guys who run those open air filters that sit on the passenger side of the trx might benefit from this hood panel redirection, at least it would shoot some air in the general direction...

The guys who run those open air filters that sit on the passenger side of the trx might benefit from this hood panel redirection, at least it would shoot some air in the general direction...
Are you insinuating that getting colder air to a so-called cold air intake would be a good thing?

Are you insinuating that getting colder air to a so-called cold air intake would be a good thing?
…no, I am insinuating that the black decal in front of the hood inlet is for pre warming the air further on hot sunny days for a boost of extra power. I have a heater in my inlet to pre warm the air, it’s on an aux switch.

• Haha
Reactions: Two
There’s a place for antics like this

People over there love discussing tofu and straight 6’s. Have fun
This …. This is the way!

This could've been such a great transition for Ram if they continued the TRX in tandem. This truck is actually a great base model equivalent to fight the Raptor and we'd love it if it didn't mean we lost our TRX/V8 option. Ram is just dropping the ball by not upgrading the suspension, 37 tire package, etc to really compete with the Raptor.

All that said, one of these with 37s and Kings would be a great option for someone who doesn't need a $100k+ v8 version and they'd still be under the cost of a 37pp Raptor.
I'm calling it now, TRX will be back but with the 3.0 HO and hybrid set up. Probably have 37s and maybe upgraded suspension. Probably need it for the added weight of the batteries and tampons

…no, I am insinuating that the black decal in front of the hood inlet is for pre warming the air further on hot sunny days for a boost of extra power. I have a heater in my inlet to pre warm the air, it’s on an aux switch.
I just knew that there was a reason I removed that decal on mine almost as soon as I got it.

I'm calling it now, TRX will be back but with the 3.0 HO and hybrid set up. Probably have 37s and maybe upgraded suspension. Probably need it for the added weight of the batteries and tampons
Sort of the way the 2022+ Tundra pro went, iForce Max 6 cylinder turbo hybrid with a battery pack under the rear bench seat so those don’t get the storage compartment.

I came here to say, what a embarrassing piece of shit this is.

They changed the grille and tail lights and put a wimpy motor in it and now all of a sudden it’s super output.

The TRX is a tank that frankly needs the HEMI as much as it was in there, what they have done is completely ruin it. Good job stellantis, your whole business in the US is on its way out, banks aren’t financing more than 70% of MSRP on all the last call cars on lots for 100+ days, and Chrysler capital backed by Santander bank announced 17% of their 78bn of auto loans are delinquent.

“Dodge brotherhood”. Died with us. Love my MOPARs but honestly the whole way their handling this while turning their back on American workers makes me want to sell my challenger hellcat and go buy a CTS black wing or Shelby.

Luckily tampons won't be stored because all the members need max flow ones here

Sort of the way the 2022+ Tundra pro went, iForce Max 6 cylinder turbo hybrid with a battery pack under the rear bench seat so those don’t get the storage compartment.
That's what I'm thinking. Wins the spec sheet racing but won't have the stamina to keep the power in the dirt. Hybrids are great for the 60 seconds the tiny packs lasts, but after that, it'll be a glorified RHO.

Also, who picked that fucking name. RHO sounds like the abbreviation for an STD. Don't catch RHO guys, be safe out there

Honestly I think they came in at a great price point and it still mops the raptor in value and performance. Curious to see what the options costs are and what invoice will look like if forum dealers can do steep discounts on these as time goes on. Good overall offering. Still no TRX but they made the most out of what they had to work with in terms of rules and constraints.
I'm not sure I totally agree. I wager the Raptor will still be better offroad given the weight penalty the RHO has. And again, on road, that weight will eat up a good bit of the HP the RHO holds over the Raptor.

Thinking back to when the TRX was launched, it was the 3.5L Raptor competition and it beat the Raptor by playing a different tactic. TRX overpowered the 3.5L Raptor at a comparable price. The RHO is a hamstrung TRX trying to take the Raptor on the Raptors home field.

I'm not sure the RHO will be able to overcome the aftermarket inertia the Raptor has; the TRX still hasn't.

I can see some redeeming value in the RHO if it severely undercut the Raptor in price, but that's not really the case. I tend to think the RHO is a swing and a miss but we'll see. I'm married so I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again.

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back