Reaction score
I just watched that, too! This suspense is killing me. :D

Nowwhat

TRX Fanatic
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
F250, Urus, KTM
Not much to the exhaust.....mufflers look small... the cats must do a lot of the work....Do you hellcat guys weld in hi flo cats?

STRADALE

TRX Junkie
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
TRX - Ferrari F430 - PORSCHE 997 turbo -
Current Ride #2
Harley CVO Street Glide - Harley CVO Electra Glide - Harley Nostalgia - Kawasaki Ninja H2
Cool vid, thanks! The Airbox cutaway was really interesting. Wonder how long it will take K&N to come out w/ a high flow filter.

I went with running boards, like the way the rock rails look but not really functional as a step & if you do use it as a step unless you paint protection film the rockers your paint will get trashed from boots.

TRXMojoe

TRX Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
Current Ride #2
2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Looking forward to more of these video reviews being released. This particular one left a lot to be desired mainly due to poor camera work lol. Like...show us more than 3 seconds of the ram air cutaway so we can digest the awesomeness going on there (we don't need to keep the host in frame, we know what he looks like). Also failed attempt to capture the HUD from the driver's perspective....would love to know what functions you can cycle through in the HUD besides what's shown on the website mockup.

STRADALE

TRX Junkie
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
TRX - Ferrari F430 - PORSCHE 997 turbo -
Current Ride #2
Harley CVO Street Glide - Harley CVO Electra Glide - Harley Nostalgia - Kawasaki Ninja H2
Looking forward to more of these video reviews being released. This particular one left a lot to be desired mainly due to poor camera work lol. Like...show us more than 3 seconds of the ram air cutaway so we can digest the awesomeness going on there (we don't need to keep the host in frame, we know what he looks like). Also failed attempt to capture the HUD from the driver's perspective....would love to know what functions you can cycle through in the HUD besides what's shown on the website mockup.

True, I would have loved to see more of the Airbox cutaway but was great to see, I actually paused the video to get a better look. And we got to see how bad ass a black hood looks if only a small tease, LoL!

Some good info on the HUD here starting at 1:50

Last edited:

TRXMojoe

TRX Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
Current Ride #2
2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance
True, I would have loved to see more of the Airbox cutaway but was great to see, I actually paused the video to get a better look. And we get to see how bad ass a black hood looks if only a small tease, LoL!

Some good info on the HUD here starting at 1:50
Awesome!!! Thanks for posting. This is exactly what I was hoping to see. He covers a lot of the tech that we'll see in the TRX (hud, rear view cam mirror, folding mirrors...)

KnightMare

Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
'21 Outlander XMR, '19 Sprinter 144, '19 Accord, '18 ZX-10rr, '15 Caravan, '17 Fusion, '12 Pasat CC, '11 ZX-10r, '04 Avalanche
Current Ride #2
'67 Pontiac GTO, '67 Lemans Convertible, '69 Camaro, '69 Chevelle, '70 Chevelle, '70 Chevelle
Wish they did a better shot of the air box but got a better idea how everything gets routed. Can’t wait.

khandel1

TRX Noob
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I liked how they showed how the rock rails are not much of a step at all. Helps with the decision to go aftermarket for something that doubles as a rail and a step.

marksouth

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
TRX Launch Edition
Did anyone catch about 6 min into the video there appears to be a yellow third shock absorber mounted almost center of the rear axle? Any idea what this is for and why it's added?

I hadn't noticed that before, and missed it in the video until your post. I went back through rear view pictures of the TRX, and you can't spot it normally because the spare tire blocks the view of the top of the rear axle. Interesting for sure.

TREX702

TRX Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2013 Raptor
Current Ride #2
2015 Corvette Z06
This was from an article from Moparinsiders : "The Dana 60 rear axle uses an axle hop damper that enables improved traction and axle control on rough surfaces. A new rear axle center section provides balanced performance and a locking differential for increased off-road performance."

I'm, not sure if this an axle hop damper, but it makes sense. :unsure:

marksouth

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
TRX Launch Edition
This was from an article from Moparinsiders : "The Dana 60 rear axle uses an axle hop damper that enables improved traction and axle control on rough surfaces. A new rear axle center section provides balanced performance and a locking differential for increased off-road performance."

I'm, not sure if this an axle hop damper, but it makes sense. :unsure:
Makes sense to me.

KnightMare

Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
'21 Outlander XMR, '19 Sprinter 144, '19 Accord, '18 ZX-10rr, '15 Caravan, '17 Fusion, '12 Pasat CC, '11 ZX-10r, '04 Avalanche
Current Ride #2
'67 Pontiac GTO, '67 Lemans Convertible, '69 Camaro, '69 Chevelle, '70 Chevelle, '70 Chevelle
I would assume it is the damper, it's not on the regular ram 1500 chassis
1602607728105.png

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com