Word to the wise; Oracle Light bar

I was never offered a new light bar, hence the Vision-X replacement. It’s a shame, the Oracle light was brighter than the Vision-X.
probably because you messaged them either too early or too late...I know ppl is bitching of the light on FB and they either know something is wrong with the bar and just replace everything or they replaced too many and they stopped doing it.

I’m making this post so that others are aware of the possible circumstances they may be facing when purchasing the Oracle front bumper flush light bar system.
I purchased and installed the light bar on my TRX without issue, very simple and clean install. I then added the Foutz level kit and had to adjust the output of the light bar. After installing the light bar there are small plastic dummy plugs that get installed over the screws that are used for mounting the system to the truck, once installed there is no easy way to remove these plugs. These plugs provide a “finished look” and cover up the screws used for mounting. The first time I had to remove the plugs I used some small picks and was able to perform the task with minimal damage, just some small scratches.
I recently filled my truck with hunting gear and the front was sitting nose high making the led light unusable. While Im hunting and actually driving the truck off-road is when the light bar will be utilized the most so I knew it was time to adjust the beam once more and aim the light output down more.
The plugs were not removed so easily this time, they sustained a decent amount of damage and were unusable. I figured to myself this would be no big deal; I’d contact Oracle and purchase two new dummy plugs. I sent Oracle a message yesterday explaining the situation and requesting two new plugs. Oracle’s first response was “that’s not a part we have available”. I asked how I would locate the part since it’s sold as part of their product, they stated “we don’t have a way to split that part from an already packaged system, as it is a pre packaged kit assembled from the factory. We are unable to pull these parts from another system on the shelf”. In a wise ass manner I asked if they expected me to purchase another $400 light bar system? I then stated this was not the customer service I expected. Their response was “we’re sorry for the inconvenience. If we do come across a set of plugs on a unsellable item, we’ll be happy to send them to you free of charge”.
This seems to be a pretty large company and for a $450 light bar system I would expect them to have replacement parts available. My advice to anyone who has purchased this same system is to be extremely cautious when removing the dummy plugs. My TRX now has two uncapped/unplugged holes in the front of it and it looks like garbage, I’m sure snow and ice will do a number on the hardware if I don’t figure out a way to keep the elements out. I’m hoping Oracle will come up with some new plugs for me but I’m not holding my breath. Rant over, thanks for reading. 😂
Hello Sean,
My name is Melissa and I just emailed you back from your ORACLE Lighting ticket. I apologize that this was not resolved for you earlier. I spoke with my inventory team and we were able to source this part for you! I have already made an order for you and its shipping today.

Again, I apologize this could not be resolved earlier. Thank you for posting here and making me aware! We strive to provide the best customer service possible, so I apologize again we dropped the ball.

I hope this helps and you now are ready to go!

Anything else needed please let me know and I will be happy to assist you. Have a great weekend!

A few months after having my Oracle Light Bar installed I noticed condensation in the light bar. After a few back and forth emails their response was that condensation in the light bar was normal. Apparently there is a valve in the back that you can open to help let the condensation out. They were correct about the vent, but by the time I found out about that, I had a couple of lights that no longer worked. At the time Oracle's clear light bar was months out on back order, so I kept the mount and had a Vision-X light bar put in the mount. I'd like to eventually take the light bar off, but I'll have two holes in the bumper I'm stuck with.

Oracle Light Bar Condensation
View attachment 54244

Oracle Light Bar Condensation
View attachment 54245

Vision-X in Oracle Mount
View attachment 54246
Sorry to see the condensation concerns. We do ask that customers remove the valve on the back and let the condensation out.

If this does not fix it after a couple days we are happy to replace this for you.

I understand you may not be wanting this any longer but I wanted to offer this to you of course.

Please let me know if you are interested and I will be happy to assist you further.

Sorry to see the condensation concerns. We do ask that customers remove the valve on the back and let the condensation out.

If this does not fix it after a couple days we are happy to replace this for you.

I understand you may not be wanting this any longer but I wanted to offer this to you of course.

Please let me know if you are interested and I will be happy to assist you further.
This is good news. I'd prefer the Oracle as it's brighter than the Vision-X I put in your mount. I will send you a PM to start there with the new bar.

Hello Sean,
My name is Melissa and I just emailed you back from your ORACLE Lighting ticket. I apologize that this was not resolved for you earlier. I spoke with my inventory team and we were able to source this part for you! I have already made an order for you and its shipping today.

Again, I apologize this could not be resolved earlier. Thank you for posting here and making me aware! We strive to provide the best customer service possible, so I apologize again we dropped the ball.

I hope this helps and you now are ready to go!

Anything else needed please let me know and I will be happy to assist you. Have a great weekend!
Hi Melissa,
I received your email with the shipping confirmation. I really appreciate you guys as a company stepping up and keeping your customers satisfied.
Thank you

I am very glad to see Oracle is standing behind this. Good work Melissa. I have the Oracle Light Bar and the M&R behind the Grille lightbar and love them both so far.

How to you adjust this light? Mine is aimed way too high
I’m not aware of any adjustment. But I recall someone saying that they flipped the light itself in the bracket (so that the wiring is on the left side of the vehicle), and it made a difference.
I haven’t flipped mine, so I can’t confirm.

Super impressive to see @Oracle Lighting srep into the conversation here and create positive outcomes for their customers. The measure of a company is how they handle things when situations go sideways and they are certainly stepping up.

For what it’s worth, I’ve had their light bar for almost a year now and think it’s a great product. I have faced zero condensation issues or any other quality issues so far and have been impressed by the output. Plus, the integrated factory look is killer.

Following a guide from another forum member, I wired it to turn on automatically with my high beams (when enabled with an AUX switch). A second AUX switch allows me to trigger the light manually. Love it!

There are two adjustment screws on each side. You have to remove the bar to get to them.
I figured it out. Those 2 10mm bolt loosen to take the light bar out of the frame. I flipped it over. when putting it back in, the key is to not place it all the way back into the slots. Leaving the bar about a 1/4 inch away from fully seated allows the bar to rotate. Tighten the bolts and it’s good to go.

Just got word from Oracle that they are shipping me a new light bar. I was pretty happy to hear that!

@ORACLE @Oracle Lighting Having the same issues with condensation on mine. I am not sure how opening the vent and drying the unit helps solve the problem. It sounds like a temporary solution that can happen again with a temperature change. I reached out to your support team via email and was told this would fix the problem but I am just not understanding how that's a permanent solution. Seems like these units are not pressurized or sealed correctly. My Rigid lights have been through the same conditions as this light bar with no condensation.

Additionally I asked about the plugs and was told to use a precision screwdriver and that it's been done at Oracle many times. I tried using a thin pick and it doesn't seem possible to remove without damaging the caps. I asked for replacement caps and was told this is not an option now....

Unfortunately, this piece of kit is now completely off my list as it sounds like especially in a wet and colder climate this will just keep happening again and again. It's amazing they don't have a solution as I have Rigid light bars on my ATV/UTVs that get used plowing snow (or plowing through snow) and I've never had any condensation in any of them. I'll probably go with the BrawlerFab behind grill lights and/or the Baja bottom light bar when I add some front lighting.

Unfortunately, this piece of kit is now completely off my list as it sounds like especially in a wet and colder climate this will just keep happening again and again. It's amazing they don't have a solution as I have Rigid light bars on my ATV/UTVs that get used plowing snow (or plowing through snow) and I've never had any condensation in any of them. I'll probably go with the BrawlerFab behind grill lights and/or the Baja bottom light bar when I add some front lighting.
I fully recommended @Boosted ’s Brawler Fab Behind the Grill Kit (and his backup light kit as well as a-pillar light mount) as well as @Shifts_And_Grins behind the grill lower kit mount. Both are great quality, and customer service is awesome!

Oracle stood behind their product and sent me another light bar. I feel like at this time that’s reasonable, but I’m going to wait on installing a new bar (right now I have a Line-X bar inside their mount).

Attachments

• 9158A192-7E69-428C-B339-D9217C616FF9.jpeg
    9158A192-7E69-428C-B339-D9217C616FF9.jpeg
    237.2 KB · Views: 58
  • C5C2AFB7-53E9-4C8F-965E-314B097328A4.jpeg
    C5C2AFB7-53E9-4C8F-965E-314B097328A4.jpeg
    215.9 KB · Views: 60
  • 376B5F4C-B1AC-4636-93BC-AC4CB0B9092E.jpeg
    376B5F4C-B1AC-4636-93BC-AC4CB0B9092E.jpeg
    230.1 KB · Views: 58
  • 9EDE548E-994C-4518-8048-605395DC3B35.jpeg
    9EDE548E-994C-4518-8048-605395DC3B35.jpeg
    334.9 KB · Views: 58
Are there any instructions/tips on how to adjust the throw angle on this light? I just installed my 2nd one (first one failed just barely out of warranty), and I feel like the light is way to high.
I seem to recall that some of them were installed upside down in the housing. Which side (of the truck) does the power cord come out of? Mine is on the right/starboard side, and it's angled properly.

I seem to recall that some of them were installed upside down in the housing. Which side (of the truck) does the power cord come out of? Mine is on the right/starboard side, and it's angled properly.
I just checked and the power is on the left. I was able to use trim removal tools to take out the plug and check everything. While I couldn't figure out how to get a wrench into that 10mm bolt on either side, I did notice that when I put a ton of force into tightening the mounting bolts, the light began to point higher and higher.

I backed it off a fraction of a turn and the light angle dropped a fair bit where I'm much happier (for now).

If I had to flip it in the housing, how would you suggest I get an adjustable wrench into that incredibly narrow slot? I had a pretty small adjustable wrench and couldn't get anything in there.

I just checked and the power is on the left. I was able to use trim removal tools to take out the plug and check everything. While I couldn't figure out how to get a wrench into that 10mm bolt on either side, I did notice that when I put a ton of force into tightening the mounting bolts, the light began to point higher and higher.

I backed it off a fraction of a turn and the light angle dropped a fair bit where I'm much happier (for now).

If I had to flip it in the housing, how would you suggest I get an adjustable wrench into that incredibly narrow slot? I had a pretty small adjustable wrench and couldn't get anything in there.
I can't help you there, as I didn't even pay attention to that part (mine was fine, so I didn't look at the inside stuff). It's probably best that you backed off the bolts a bit - some people have experienced cracked housings over time from over-tightening the bolts. As long as it's pointing where you want now, I'd say close it up and worry about something else. Like condensation inside the LED housing, haha.

I can't help you there, as I didn't even pay attention to that part (mine was fine, so I didn't look at the inside stuff). It's probably best that you backed off the bolts a bit - some people have experienced cracked housings over time from over-tightening the bolts. As long as it's pointing where you want now, I'd say close it up and worry about something else. Like condensation inside the LED housing, haha.
Sounds like a reasonable approach! Much appreciated guidance.

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back