Wiring Harnesses Needed after animal ate them!

phenny

TRX Member
Reaction score
I had an animal get into my left front fender and chew up two separate wiring harnesses and bend the thin metal rod for the active suspension dampening. I know that one of the wires is the speed sensor wire that connects from the frame to inside the wheel hub. I believe the part number is 68292050AG. This seems like a simple repair...the other one not so much. Please see the picture and let me know your thoughts. In the picture you will see that the entire plug is gone and wiring was chewed all the way back to where it ties into some other wiring. Dealer suggested finding a new plug and tying it back in with new wires, but I need to get this fixed and they are still "working on a solution". I wish I could find the part number for this suspension harness. Thanks
IMG_6072.jpeg
IMG_6074.jpeg
IMG_6076.jpeg

I think the dealer's recommendation is likely best on this scenario. Unless you want to deal with cutting in the wiring loom, which I don't recommend.

For the active suspension/height sensor metal rod, see if they can get you one from OEM, or have a fab shop cut one for you.

Which portion is your biggest concern?

Thanks and I agree. I could just look at the harness on the other side to try and find the replacement plug. I'm concerned that wiring harness includes a bunch of other stuff. You think I have the correct part number for the speed sensor wire?

Thanks and I agree. I could just look at the harness on the other side to try and find the replacement plug. I'm concerned that wiring harness includes a bunch of other stuff. You think I have the correct part number for the speed sensor wire?
I would look at the other side and see if there is a part number that you can take from it.

It seems like less of something eating your wires but more of something getting hit while you were driving or something because of the bent metal rod.

You need a pellet gun and that's one badass squirrel

if I had caught it it would have been dead (unless it was my buddy's dog). It was an animal because of where I was and where it was parked. I bought some spray to put on the wiring for next time. Thanks

if I had caught it it would have been dead (unless it was my buddy's dog). It was an animal because of where I was and where it was parked. I bought some spray to put on the wiring for next time. Thanks
Parked on the South side?

I had an animal get into my left front fender and chew up two separate wiring harnesses . . . Dealer suggested finding a new plug and tying it back in with new wires, but I need to get this fixed and they are still "working on a solution".

Damn wild hogs are hardcore in South Texas. . .

Finding the specific plug is probably difficult. I've gone searching on the internet for automotive plugs, and while there are a few sites that specialize in them and a few, like Mouser, that tend to have everything under the sun, I never have found the one I was looking for. Yet, people seem to find them.

If someone knows how to track down an automotive connector, I'm interested to hear how.

If someone knows how to track down an automotive connector, I'm interested to hear how.

Most Mopar connectors have repair kit part numbers listed. Input year and model, and it lists the connectors. Then click the one you need for more info.

Unfortunately for the OP, the active damper plug is one that does not list a repair kit for any of the 4 corners (all look the same to me).

C6BA079D-4E3D-4880-9481-D695B8594F27.jpeg

Most Mopar connectors have repair kit part numbers listed. Input year and model, and it lists the connectors. Then click the one you need for more info.

Oh, wow! That's a cool site. Thank you.

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back