Wireless airplay adapter group

I was on business travel this week and Avis rented me a Hyundai sedan. It’s likely a ~$25k car. It has wireless CarPlay and works flawlessly. Amazes me that RAM didn’t invest in this technology for the TRX. Disappointed ☹️

I was on business travel this week and Avis rented me a Hyundai sedan. It’s likely a ~$25k car. It has wireless CarPlay and works flawlessly. Amazes me that RAM didn’t invest in this technology for the TRX. Disappointed ☹️
It has more to do with the operating system of UConnect 4 vs the new UConnect 5 around the corner as well as licensing fees to support the BlackBerry based older system. Spend the $99 and be happy.

Reactions: CFI
Mine has worked great. Just got this email. I paid $129.00
========
CPLAY2air adapter just $99 now only + FREE SHIPPING
Hy, Gregg,

Summer holidays are around the corner and we are sure that you will make some unforgettable memories during these summer trips! We want to make it even sweeter, so we just launched our best deal for the holiday trips: for the next 2 days, CPLAY2air is just $99 + FREE SHIPPING!

Please share it with your friends and family! The offer is valid for the next 2 days only!

Have a great week ahead!

Michael,
CPLAY2air.COM
View attachment 14920
Ordered one when you posted this. I just got it hooked up. Its a slick unit, and it really cleans up my console. Very easy to install as well. Thanks for the post!!!

Anyone else feel like you're in an old Benz with the initiating screen?

Anyone else feel like you're in an old Benz with the initiating screen?
Yup!

Make sure you update the firmware on the unit. Been using mine for a little over a year in other vehicles and updated today with many available FW updates.

If anybody is still in the market for the Cplay2air wireless CarPlay adapter, I just contacted them yesterday and said I missed out on the sale last month. They gave me coupon code "10NOW". That takes about $13 off the current sale price of $129, so it's like $116.96 total with free shipping. Not as great as the $99 sale last month, but not bad. I hope this code helps out a few members!

I was beyond disappointed to learn that the 2021s won’t have wireless CarPlay, just wireless charging. After doing a little research, this cplay2air USB adapter seems like the best product. Anyone know how we might go about doing a big group order for a discount? I’ve seen this mentioned with other products.

I just got one of these and it disconnected every few minutes and had to be unplugged and plugged back in each time to get it to work again. I pluged and unplugged far more often with the wireless adapter than just pluging the phone itself in. Sent it back and got a refund after two days.

Kinda. I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max in an apple leather case, its a very specific spot that it will charge my phone. Doesnt work on its side & wont work too far to the right or left standing up, blinks red instead of the blue light you want. I found that the left side of my phone needs to be approximately 1/4-1/2 of an inch from the indicator light. Since I found that sweet spot (lol) much easier now.
My iPhone 12 gets very hot while charging on the wireless charger? And charges very slowly anyone notice this?

My iPhone 12 gets very hot while charging on the wireless charger? And charges very slowly anyone notice this?
Yes! Mine too! It barely charges my IPhone 12 so I was hoping there was a setting to make it work faster. It works too slow, I’m going to have to get a lightening cord to plug in and charge IPhone like normal.

If anybody is still in the market for the Cplay2air wireless CarPlay adapter, I just contacted them yesterday and said I missed out on the sale last month. They gave me coupon code "10NOW". That takes about $13 off the current sale price of $129, so it's like $116.96 total with free shipping. Not as great as the $99 sale last month, but not bad. I hope this code helps out a few members!
I just ordered one of them and it shipped from China!

I just ordered one of them and it shipped from China!
That's interesting. Did you order it directly from them? I did, and the box it came in yesterday via USPS shipped from "LeeGO LTD" in Rochester, New York.

That's interesting. Did you order it directly from them? I did, and the box it came in yesterday via USPS shipped from "LeeGO LTD" in Rochester, New York.
I ordered mine direct from them. It shipped from China and took me almost 3 weeks to get. Works great though!

PSA: The $99 special with free shipping is back on for the next 2 days

Yes! Mine too! It barely charges my IPhone 12 so I was hoping there was a setting to make it work faster. It works too slow, I’m going to have to get a lightening cord to plug in and charge IPhone like normal.
Do you have a large case on your phone? If so that’s probably why it’s taking forever and getting hot.

I bought one of these last month, I'd say it works well 2/3rds of the time. If I get out of truck with it running and phone is in my pocket, then it will loose connectivity (as expected) and require a couple reboots to fix it. It also took at least two weeks to arrive from China.

Back