Wireless airplay adapter group

Heads up for those interested, I got an email that they are $99 for the next couple of days. Too bad I already have one.

Why are there so many options to add wireless Apple CarPlay but nothing (other than one "beta" offering) for wireless Android Auto :mad:(n):poop:

Is there much difference between the various brand/models?

I found this you tube channel to be solid. Open his page and he does a comparison between like 5 brands.

Good video. So I just got my 2021. 2 2022 trucks on order as I hedges my bet. Got lucky last week. Honestly I was going to trade my 21 in for the 22 because of a couple features I want. One of which is wireless CarPlay. I guess it doesn’t hurt to spend $125 to see how I like it…..

My only concern is I remote start a lot, especially in the winter. Is the unplug/ plug in issue always when remote starting or occasional? Also, from start up to CarPlay on the screen. Is it roughly 30 seconds like the video? Longer? Shorter?

thanks for all the feedback

I recently installed Car2Play and so far, its worked seamlessly. Haven't checked or tried to update the firmware.

Ordered on Monday. Shipping info said ship from China. Buckled in for the month long customs wait. Got delivered today. Says it’s origin was from Texas. Took two days lol.

Ordered on Monday. Shipping info said ship from China. Buckled in for the month long customs wait. Got delivered today. Says it’s origin was from Texas. Took two days lol.
I ordered mine last week and also had the shipping from China mail…. Haven’t received it yet so maybe mine is coming from there…. lol

I just ordered one to try out. Current pricing is $99 w/free ship & the "10NOW" 10% discount code someone posted here back in Aug worked so it ended up being $89.10 shipped.

Is this okay to leave plugged into the USB at all times? Just making sure it doesn’t continuous power draw or anything.

Also does anyone have any experience with the media box that you can plug in via usb car play for Netflix and such on the screen?

Is this okay to leave plugged into the USB at all times? Just making sure it doesn’t continuous power draw or anything.

Also does anyone have any experience with the media box that you can plug in via usb car play for Netflix and such on the screen?
I have the Media Box, seems to work pretty much as advertised. Good for Netflix, Prime Video, etc. I have been having problems getting the ESPN app to work on it.

Mine seems to work fine but I wish the cord was longer as it kinda sticks out of the pocket I have it in....
tempImagesNut75.jpg

Yes. Just leave it plugged in full time. Upon re entry, will usually automatically reconnect with your phone. Takes a few seconds

occasionally will loose the connection. Just unplug USB and plug it right back in on the fly….

I am just curious can these wireless car play adapters not be connected via the usb port under the arm rest? is that strictly just a usb charger connection with no relation to the Uconnect system? I am debating on one of these adapters or just buying a $10 retractable usb cable to keep clutter minimal for what its worth.

I am just curious can these wireless car play adapters not be connected via the usb port under the arm rest? is that strictly just a usb charger connection with no relation to the Uconnect system? I am debating on one of these adapters or just buying a $10 retractable usb cable to keep clutter minimal for what its worth.
The center stack has the only active usb ports for data. Depending on which model you get you can hide the unit under the phone tray using a longer usb cable or wedge it to the right side of the tray out of sight.

Back