Wireless airplay adapter group

nem99

TRX Member
Reaction score
I was beyond disappointed to learn that the 2021s won’t have wireless CarPlay, just wireless charging. After doing a little research, this cplay2air USB adapter seems like the best product. Anyone know how we might go about doing a big group order for a discount? I’ve seen this mentioned with other products.

Elarson6772

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
2021 GMC Yukon Denali
Military
No but thank God for those that have served!
Just for awareness the units do work but have their issues. I’ve had mine about 6-8 months. Maybe 1-2 times a week I have to unplug/re-plug to get it to connect, etc. once it connects it works flawlessly but does struggle with the connection pretty frequently. The connection also happens very quickly at times while other times it will take several minutes.

Caliche

Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
Current Ride #2
2018 Polaris 1000 Ranger SxS
Just for awareness the units do work but have their issues. I’ve had mine about 6-8 months. Maybe 1-2 times a week I have to unplug/re-plug to get it to connect, etc. once it connects it works flawlessly but does struggle with the connection pretty frequently. The connection also happens very quickly at times while other times it will take several minutes.
Same

tankengine

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 RAM TRX Launch Edition
Current Ride #2
E30 M3 x 2 - E30 325i Cabrio - E46 M3 Slicktop - F30 328d
Military
my own army
im down to buy it with a group buy

Ramathorn

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2015 Ram 2500 MegaCab Blackout Edition 6.7
I thought I was up on all the Tech stuff but obviously not. WTF is Wireless Airplay?

CbRanch78022

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score

Curious where you have this plugged in. Is there a spot for it to be connected but hidden or plugged in to the dash connect and then sits out in the open on the center console?

rbrdky

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
@Caliche said previously that you have to unplug/replug this unit each time you start the truck. That's pretty much a dealbreaker and totally defeats the purpose of the unit in my opinion. The whole goal is to eliminate the need for plugging something in. Idk if this is something that can be addressed by software, or if there is a workaround, but if this is indeed the case, I can't really see any utility.

tankengine

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 RAM TRX Launch Edition
Current Ride #2
E30 M3 x 2 - E30 325i Cabrio - E46 M3 Slicktop - F30 328d
Military
my own army
@Caliche said previously that you have to unplug/replug this unit each time you start the truck. That's pretty much a dealbreaker and totally defeats the purpose of the unit in my opinion. The whole goal is to eliminate the need for plugging something in. Idk if this is something that can be addressed by software, or if there is a workaround, but if this is indeed the case, I can't really see any utility.
i did not see this post! wow thats horrible and useless, i emailed them but lets see what they say, i will bring this up with them also

OP
N

nem99

TRX Member
Reaction score
I’ve also seen this complaint online, basically the only complaint against it. After some digging, It was speculated that it happened when vehicles were started remotely, then adapter times out after a few minutes of searching and not connecting to a phone that’s outta range. Some of my other Bluetooth devices so that’s, including my radar detector. I think that’s why unplugging and replugging it resolves it.

Last edited:

Caliche

Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
Current Ride #2
2018 Polaris 1000 Ranger SxS
Just to qualify.... I think that sometimes I don’t have to reset the usb. But just do it as habit now to avoid it not connecting. The nice thing is if your phone is in your pocket or a bag you don’t have to pill it out at all. Just some clarification. Cheers

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Morton