Winch

X-ray

TRX Member
Founding Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2019 Mercedes E63S Wagon
Not sure how many people will want to add a winch to their trucks but I was browsing the interweb and found a hidden winch setup for the Rebel much like one for the Raptor which retains the OEM bumper. Something to look into after delivery and see if it would work with the TRX.

X

Seems I saw a comment, somewhere that an internal-mount winch was not going to be doable on the TRX. Intercooler location or some such issue.

Seems I saw a comment, somewhere that an internal-mount winch was not going to be doable on the TRX. Intercooler location or some such issue.
Yeah, I was afraid of that based on what was needed to mount a winch on the 2nd Gen Raptor. Fingers crossed ;)

X

I was thinking of a portable winch that you could cable up to the front or rear tow hook when needed. I did a quick search which shows there are plenty of types out there.

I was thinking of a portable winch that you could cable up to the front or rear tow hook when needed. I did a quick search which shows there are plenty of types out there.
Yeah that would be a great solution.

Yeah that would be a great solution.
I'm hoping there are storage areas under the rear seats that wold house it. I would only need it in emergency situation. Also not being exposed to the weather would pretty much ensure that it would work.

I'm hoping there are storage areas under the rear seats that wold house it. I would only need it in emergency situation. Also not being exposed to the weather would pretty much ensure that it would work.
If I remember correctly depending on the trim level.. I think level 2... there is under seat storage in rear.

If you end up getting one, post the link and your opinion on how well this works on the truck..

1600811723239.png

1600811561313.png
Found this on Facebook, looks like even with the radiator and intercooler there still may be enough clearance for a winch up front. Hard to tell without the actual intercooler in place...

Found this on Facebook, looks like even with the radiator and intercooler there still may be enough clearance for a winch up front. Hard to tell without the actual intercooler in place...

Cool pic but I don't think the radiators and intercooler are present in that engine/frame mockup. We will have to wait and see.

X

Cool pic but I don't think the radiators and intercooler are present in that engine/frame mockup. We will have to wait and see.

X
They clearly are not installed, but look at the distance between the front of the engine and the end of the chassis horns. Even with a good 4" clearance between radiator and engine, and taking into account width of radiator and electric fan together with the height of that hood, there should be room to spare

They clearly are not installed, but look at the distance between the front of the engine and the end of the chassis horns. Even with a good 4" clearance between radiator and engine, and taking into account width of radiator and electric fan together with the height of that hood, there should be room to spare
This is a purpose built off road truck, they would be morons if they didn't allow space for an aftermarket hidden bolt on winch like the raptor has. I have faith that the engineers at RAM aren't that dumb you might just have to wait a few months until aftermarket companies get their hands on a TRX to design and build a kit

Hey guys don’t forget to put a air compressor on your truck, if you are really going to take it off road and see what she’s made of! I know I will. I love going out in the woods and shooting my guns lol. ?? I can’t wait for this truck!!! ??‍♂️??

This is a purpose built off road truck, they would be morons if they didn't allow space for an aftermarket hidden bolt on winch like the raptor has. I have faith that the engineers at RAM aren't that dumb you might just have to wait a few months until aftermarket companies get their hands on a TRX to design and build a kit
The gen 2 raptor did NOT have room for an aftermarket winch. To get one to fit with either the stock bumper or an aftermarket bumper requires an aftermarket intercooler and a bracket to move the adaptive cruise control module. It is a pain in the ass and is not inexpensive to do. I am hoping that the TRX has the room without needing to move anything.

X

we looked for a winch bumper for trx. no such thing. also, winch may add tremendous weight in front, which may influence shocks. best to ask vendor

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com
Back