2crazy2stop

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 White TRX
Current Ride #2
2020 Pink XT6 (wife's car)
Title says it all really LOL. just curious if others will be undercoating, and if you are, what product and where will you have it done.

Brotharon

TRX Fanatic
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
1500 Rebel
Military
Army, Retired
Nope. No need for it in Houston...and when I did have it done on a GMC Black Widow that I used to have in Syracuse, NY, it still was rusty after 2 winters...darn northeast winters.

THR evo8

TRX Fanatic
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2012 Lexus IS 350awd
Current Ride #2
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 8 MR
Do not use undercoating. Wash after driving on wet or salty roads with wax water often and it will do more than undercoat ever will. I used to be a auto tech in New Hampshire and have seen this method work. Cheers ?

Brad1331

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Silver TRX
Title says it all really LOL. just curious if others will be undercoating, and if you are, what product and where will you have it done.
Living in the midwest all my life I have been a bit over the top at preventing rust during the winter months on my vehicles and what I have found is the cheapest and easiest and works the best is actually WD40.....

Thats the can I buy by the case the "Big Blast" you just jack up your car slide under on a creeper and give a liberal spray to everything after you go through an auto wash with an under car spray to get all the salt off

I do it before the first snow, then again once a month or so on my daily driver during the winter months when they are salting the road. I've never had a problem with any rust and fun fact on my 2010 F150 that I bought new in 2010 and traded in in 2018 the dealer asked if I had moved to Illinois recently from somewhere in the south without snow

OP
2crazy2stop

2crazy2stop

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 White TRX
Current Ride #2
Do not use undercoating. Wash after driving on wet or salty roads with wax water often and it will do more than undercoat ever will. I used to be a auto tech in New Hampshire and have seen this method work. Cheers ?
What is "wax water"? I live in Buffalo, NY...I would need to go to the car wash every other day from December to April...way cheaper to undercoat! LMAO

OP
2crazy2stop

2crazy2stop

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 White TRX
Current Ride #2
Living in the midwest all my life I have been a bit over the top at preventing rust during the winter months on my vehicles and what I have found is the cheapest and easiest and works the best is actually WD40.....

Thats the can I buy by the case the "Big Blast" you just jack up your car slide under on a creeper and give a liberal spray to everything after you go through an auto wash with an under car spray to get all the salt off

I do it before the first snow, then again once a month or so on my daily driver during the winter months when they are salting the road. I've never had a problem with any rust and fun fact on my 2010 F150 that I bought new in 2010 and traded in in 2018 the dealer asked if I had moved to Illinois recently from somewhere in the south without snow

Sounds great! Except I know me...and I don't have the time to do that every month, but if you do, that is a great way for sure...thanks!

Latest Discussions...

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com