Whipple Supercharger Gen 5 3.0L Stage 2 Competition Kit - WK-3500C-S2-30

JRex

TRX Junkie
Gallery
Reaction score
So I spent a good half day at performance shop yesterday and got some crazy rides in modified Hellcat challenger and track hawk. 850 RWHP. Wow.

I am pretty much sold on the drive-ability, stability and reliability of Hellcat SC upgrades as they have been happening since 2016. It drives the same just cruising, but whole lot more power at wide open throttle.

So If i am going to void warranty, going to do it all. Run on 93 pump gas, upper and lower pulleys, pin crank, injectors, fuel rails, fuel pump or voltage regulators, new unlocked PCM and tune. It ends up being half the price of Hennessy.

The only variable is the TRX air box. They have 4WD drive dyno.
The Whipple supercharger5 SC makes alot of sense, which is suppose to have a dual pass, dual core intercooler technology for twice the cooling area of any other PD SC for 6.2L

I am looking at going with the new Whipple upgraded SC. This is what was recommended to me if I want to swap superchargers.

Anyone want to tell me why not to do this supercharger verses the RED Eye 2.7 blower?

Any input appreciated.

Thanks

I have not got the written estimate yet and we talked about 93, E85 and methanol.

Probably getting them mixed up.

What are the requirement upgrades to make more power with 93 v E85.

E85 is all over around hear, I just hear the stories of E85 conversion, and you get stuck somewhere you can't find E85, and only 93 or 91.

I guess you just make sure you have a laptop to change tune?

Thanks.

So If i am going to void warranty, going to do it all. Run on 93 pump gas, upper and lower pulleys, pin crank, injectors, fuel rails, fuel pump or voltage regulators, new unlocked PCM and tune. It ends up being half the price of Hennessy
In what world is that 25k?

I have not got the written estimate yet and we talked about 93, E85 and methanol.

E85 is all over around hear, I just hear the stories of E85 conversion, and you get stuck somewhere you can't find E85, and only 93 or 91.

Thanks.
Just run a flexfuel tune. You won’t get the topline hp number you would with full e85 but also don’t need to risk your motor if you can’t find e85. Also with e85 you will probably get 1.6mpg

I was being hyperbolic but probably not far off

I know, point made well though. Pretty sure I am going to go with 93 setup.

It will be cheaper and make decent upgrade in power.

Just waiting on 93 octane quote, will post when received.

Is anyone shipping new unlocked PCM's yet? Instead of mail in core swaps, I know you can save $400 or so, but I don't want the down time.

Thanks

I know, point made well though. Pretty sure I am going to go with 93 setup.

It will be cheaper and make decent upgrade in power.

Just waiting on 93 octane quote, will post when received.

Is anyone shipping new unlocked PCM's yet? Instead of mail in core swaps, I know you can save $400 or so, but I don't want the down time.

Thanks
Last I check a couple weeks ago there were no 2021 pcm’s for sale

This is a surprise or click bait. Have to call.

1618326917633.png

This is a surprise or click bait. Have to call.

View attachment 10856

Must’ve just become available. Swear I spoke to them 2-3 weeks ago and told unavailable

Which unlocked PCM is better. HPTuners or Diablo?
I don’t think one is “better”

Your tuner will use one or the other. Pick a tuner then choose. Barth uses Diablo. Think Hemituner uses HP

Thanks.
you can run full E85 (normally in the 70% actual ethanol content btw) but a blend of 50/50 between E and standard pumpgas (93-91) should be enough to improve octane and allow for more timing, along with other slight benefits to make more power and cranking up the boost.

its a pretty tried and true setup on these hellcat motors, with recent improvements to allow for flex-fuel sensor resolution that gm's have had for years now.

Its basically:
just bigger injectors (too support fuel needs of E for the most part),
smaller pulley (to up the boost),
bigger/better crank pulley (up the boost/improve engine harmonics if going with ATI and not just and adapted stock),
and recalibration of ecm/tcm (mopar is a bit more involved, as you need unlock pcm, have a special cable, and tuning credits via hptuners or similar tool, or pay a tuner and they will normally just charge you for credits and labor),
and finally optional dyno calibration (which is best imo)

let me know if that helps.

you can run full E85 (normally in the 70% actual ethanol content btw) but a blend of 50/50 between E and standard pumpgas (93-91) should be enough to improve octane and allow for more timing, along with other slight benefits to make more power and cranking up the boost.

its a pretty tried and true setup on these hellcat motors, with recent improvements to allow for flex-fuel sensor resolution that gm's have had for years now.

Its basically:
just bigger injectors (too support fuel needs of E for the most part),
smaller pulley (to up the boost),
bigger/better crank pulley (up the boost/improve engine harmonics if going with ATI and not just and adapted stock),
and recalibration of ecm/tcm (mopar is a bit more involved, as you need unlock pcm, have a special cable, and tuning credits via hptuners or similar tool, or pay a tuner and they will normally just charge you for credits and labor),
and finally optional dyno calibration (which is best imo)

let me know if that helps.

Yes thanks a lot

Call Gearhead Fabrications in Jensen Beach FL. They did some work on mine and it’s no where near that. Also run a ported stock blower and you will see nice gains around that. They got my Hawk @760 @ tires, and it was no where near that price.

Call Gearhead Fabrications in Jensen Beach FL. They did some work on mine and it’s no where near that. Also run a ported stock blower and you will see nice gains around that. They got my Hawk @760 @ tires, and it was no where near that price.
Their Trackhawk with lighter curb weight is a monster with AWD system. It has 850 RWHP that run 10.5's in 1/4 mile, it a neck snapper.

That original price I listed in original post included 20x9 wheels, 35x13.5tires and upgraded 6 piston brake kit, new unlocked PCM and ordering 2 higher horsepower rated half shafts and ring and pinion to have on hand. As they will eventually break with hard driving and more HP.

Sorry for confusion. I like to have whatever upgrade I do and make sure I have the back up parts on hand, as getting stuff during COVID takes forever if its not back ordered or available. That way when it lets go, just flat bed to perf shop and its back on road, the next day, no waiting or hoping to get upgraded drive train parts.

I think the HP upgrade parts cost was like $7,800.00 + install labor time, dyno & tune.

I appreciate all the input.

yeah forgot the ported snout/ported/polished blower housing too. You would want to get an aftermarket tb too to really get the most out of those mods though.

PD/TS blowers its all about the reducing the inlet air restrictions, the bigger the straw the more potential for power.

I just went with a billet cnc'd snout on my maggie, with a 102

We can keep going with interchiller systems too, if you want consistent back to back hp, instead of a single peak # on a dyno after a full cool down. Here in TX if you want to run those hp numbers consistently on the street you'll need E, combined with good interchiller, and/or big I/C cooler (or ice box) tank.

And yes, not sure where 25k came from but you are probably looking at around 5k on the low end to maybe 10k on the high end for most of these mods minus the cooling ones mentioned below, just because of fabrication time those usually require.

Price point if your not plan on buiding your motor you are better off porting your oem blower and snout then jumping up to the new whipple. you can be out the door with porting and a tb for under 2k and that will more than max out the capabilities of your oem long block depending on pulley configuration.

second you will def want a set of larger injectors, if your staying with a 2.85 upper pulley and pump gas you will not have to do one of the boost a pump unit, but if you do flex fuel or an e85 map you will need to do a boost a pump unit (JMS looks like the favorite for the hellcat powerplant/fuel pumps)

Depending who tunes your unit you could go diablo or HP tuners, im partial to HP tuners as i have used them alot over the last 15 years and think its the superior product but that is just my opinion.

For my unit for now, its getting a full blower over haul from Jokerz performance (port match to 108mm on the snout) with their race bearing upgrade. 108 mm tb, doing a 2.85 upper (flex fuel map) with dusterhoff doing the tuning and then a seperate e85 only map for a 2.5 upper. Injector dynamic 1300 cc injectors, the JMS dual pump BAP unit. Also worth noting doing 2.85 or smaller you should probably pin the crank shaft so the crank pulley isnt moving on the crank (Magnuson makes the best kit imo for this)

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com
Back