Which radar blendmount?

Looking for the right mount for a V1 Gen 2 as well.
I have the BV1-2001R, for my gen2 If you are planning to use more than 1 mount, like I am with my dashcam, there isn't enough space to mount both. As a side note, I am looking into building something that would let me mount both at an offset.

Here’s mine. Clean install works great.

Attachments

• 69225F5C-1241-4B98-8E7A-ADB9719198CA.jpeg
    69225F5C-1241-4B98-8E7A-ADB9719198CA.jpeg
    244.9 KB · Views: 145
I have the BV1-2001R, for my gen2 If you are planning to use more than 1 mount, like I am with my dashcam, there isn't enough space to mount both. As a side note, I am looking into building something that would let me mount both at an offset.
Do you have a pic of this setup you can share? I'm curious if that mount can be adjusted to get the V1G2 snug up against the mirror, or if the mirror base is in the way to prevent a tight fit.

I have the following in my 2020 Trackhawk and plan to transition it to my 22 TRX once it arrives:

I also plan to look into this option with the OEM mirror once mine arrives as this would be and even better option

PZ0SK4w.jpg

zaNNMDv.jpg

Do you have a pic of this setup you can share? I'm curious if that mount can be adjusted to get the V1G2 snug up against the mirror, or if the mirror base is in the way to prevent a tight fit.
8B0FC075-5098-451A-BBB7-9DEF83D8757E.jpeg

Thank you for all the pics! I'm wondering if the middle pivoting part of the mount can be replaced with something shorter that will allow the radar to tuck up even higher?(not much, something like another inch or so) I'm going to ping Blendmount and see what they say. Do you think if that was possible, would the "flip up" lever on the mirror be blocking the rear facing sensor on the radar?

that is SUPER slick! But I'm guessing that is a full mirror swap? My truck is coming with the digital rear view mirror, so that might be a bust for me.
They actually install it in your factory mirror, but not sure how it would work with the digital mirror. I had it in my Hellcat but not my TRX.

Thank you for all the pics! I'm wondering if the middle pivoting part of the mount can be replaced with something shorter that will allow the radar to tuck up even higher?(not much, something like another inch or so) I'm going to ping Blendmount and see what they say. Do you think if that was possible, would the "flip up" lever on the mirror be blocking the rear facing sensor on the radar?
Yes, I think it may block it. I don’t think it will go up much higher unfortunately. I actually had extra blendmount pieces left over from my Raptor and I tried a lot of options but couldn’t get it up much higher. I’m just gonna leave it as it is until the Radenso Theia comes out. I may be waiting a bit tho. Call blendmount, they are super nice and knowledgeable. Good luck!

I had a guy local to me do it for my old install (see the School Me on Radar Detectors thread). The jist I got from his install was that he disassembles the mirror in the oven at just the right temp to not break anything, scrapes away specific dimensions of the backer and only a certain thickness (it looks like a normal mirror when off), disassembles the display component and epoxies it on, routes the wires through the mirror cavity and harness, reassembles, and connects it all back up.

I knew I would screw some stuff up if I did it even as easy as it sounds, so it was worth the money I paid him. I'm not about the non factory look, and it was great that it looked like a normal mirror when you turn the radar detector off.

So they just put led unit in mirror .. I have valentine v1 the newer one.. where does that go .. if they are not putting it in mirror .. what else do you have purchase to make this work.. website not to clear how it installs
Sorry not sure about the Valentine but give them a call, they are great guys and will answer any of your questions. For my passport, I sent them the mirror and the display. The put the display in the mirror and sent it back. Other than remounting the mirror, the install was the same as normal.

Sorry not sure about the Valentine but give them a call, they are great guys and will answer any of your questions. For my passport, I sent them the mirror and the display. The put the display in the mirror and sent it back. Other than remounting the mirror, the install was the same as normal.
I meant where do you mount the actual radar detector ?

Back