When is it too late to add a feature to your build?

SRTB

TRX Member
Reaction score
As the title says, at what point does it become too late to add a feature to your build? Wanted to add the trailer steering feature which I forgot to do when I placed the order.

As the title says, at what point does it become too late to add a feature to your build? Wanted to add the trailer steering feature which I forgot to do when I placed the order.
Usually it depends what status your in. Typically it easier before D status. What status are you in?

This is for the regular Ram 1500s, so I assume it is the same for the TRX, but I’ve read that you can change an order if it’s done before you get your VIN and/or get to D1 status.

Last edited:
Anytime before you reach D1. If your dealer can't do it, tell them to push it thru their rep.

I’m in D status. Contacted dealer today and they send the add on request to RAM. Said it should take a couple of days to hear back. We shall see

I’m in D status. Contacted dealer today and they send the add on request to RAM. Said it should take a couple of days to hear back. We shall see
The way things are going it may not be added even if it gets approved. I added tow mirrors and even though they showed up on the dealer sheet it got built without them. I’m pretty sure another guy on here ended up getting the wrong color truck in the end.

Honestly, I would be too afraid to add anything after it hits D status.

If it doesn’t come with the added feature it will just be another reason for me to order the redeye. The benefit of not being locked into the order or lose my deposit.

Were you able to change your order?

The way things are going it may not be added even if it gets approved. I added tow mirrors and even though they showed up on the dealer sheet it got built without them. I’m pretty sure another guy on here ended up getting the wrong color truck in the end.
I forgot to request the spray in bedliner on my original order. Called them 5 days later and added it. Truck got built this week, no bedliner. Glad it was something I could easily add aftermarket.

I forgot to request the spray in bedliner on my original order. Called them 5 days later and added it. Truck got built this week, no bedliner. Glad it was something I could easily add aftermarket.
Did they send you an updated POC after they added the bedliner?

Did they send you an updated POC after they added the bedliner?
Yes. I didn’t realize it wasn’t going to be put on until my build sheet showed up. I had an updated order document from the dealer.

Yes. I didn’t realize it wasn’t going to be put on until my build sheet showed up. I had an updated order document from the dealer.
Well this doesn't make me feel good. I'm trying to add the carbon fiber package. I placed the order on Monday.

I’m in D status and I asked the dealer to call their rep to add graphics and remove beadlocks. I explained to them it was too late to do through Dealerconnect and that they’d have to call. They called me a few days later and said they were unable to.

Well this doesn't make me feel good. I'm trying to add the carbon fiber package. I placed the order on Monday.
I'm in D status and my dealer was able to contact the ref and got the carbon fiber package added. Will see....

I don’t know if it was because of my dealer/their rep or because I reached out to ram cares, but the additional feature I wanted to add was able to be put on the order while I am in D status. Kathryn @RamCares was helpful and quick to respond with the update. Looks like there’s some hope for anyone in D status

Just a heads up, that DealerConnect will sometimes show the change and will print out a new POC. Overnight the system updates and kicks back the changes. This is why you will need to get a new POC a couple days after the dealer has their rep to push the change through. A same-day POC may not be correct.

-And I can confirm from personal experience, as can @KnightMare, that you can make a change all the way up until D1, VIN or not. D1 is too late.

Last edited:
Anytime before you reach D1. If your dealer can't do it, tell them to push it thru their rep.
Yeah if they actually talk to the rep like mine supposedly did (didn’t).

My dealer said their rep put it through and then a week later I contacted ram area who followed up and said it had been added. As petty as it may sound, I’m looking for any reason to not keep this order and go back to a redeye charger but so far, things have been working out

Back