Whats your favorite vehicle you've owned?

I've never owned a vehicle I didn't like, but there are so many different reasons I've liked different vehicles it's tough to pin down my favorite. The only one I wish I hadn't sold was my '05 Excursion. Built motor, 4-link coil-over suspension, 38" tires, huge stereo. It was stupid fast for it's size, and having a huge SUV was great for road trips. I wouldn't want it as my daily driver since the newer 6.7 motor is so much more quiet, but it was a fun truck for sure.View attachment 15319
A 4 link rear and I spy some King shocks, you make good (but expensive) decisions my guy :LOL:
I wanted to do a long arm front and carli rear leafs with king shocks on my truck but I'm glad I didn't, would never have gotten that money back from selling it. Maybe one day when I have a shop built, plan on doing a full ground up restoration on another 2nd gen 24v.

I have had a bunch. Bikes, cars, jeeps and trucks. One of the bikes a Boss Hoss with a 540 Scott Shafiroff race motor among many other modifications to Porsche, several MB AMG's, M series BMW's. My favorite ----- my 2005 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins.

I know, sounds funny but that truck was perfect of the little over 150k on it when it was traded not one DAY in the shop except for the tranny mods, bigger turbo and 4in lift!
Those damn Cummins engines are insane, throw a bunch of money into them and don't even have to take it to a shop to get tuned was one of my favorite things about it (although I did my own custom tuning since I don't like smoke). Reason for me going 2nd gen instead of 3rd gen was purely due to injector cost. A full set of 01 injectors: $500, a full set of common rail injectors: $2500 + cores. Did good getting an 05, 2nd to last year of the 5.9 and no emissions stuff.

I haven't had my TRX long, but I *really* like it.

However, my favorite vehicle I've ever owned is my current 991.2 911 Turbo S -- it's not even close. And I've owned a lot of cool cars over the years (other 911's of pretty much all generations, 720S Spyder, ZR1, Z06, etc). The Turbo S is essentially a perfect street vehicle for my needs. It's comfortable, super easy to park everywhere, isn't so low that it's a pain to take places, it doesn't stand out much (at least in the Bay Area where 911's are everywhere) unless a car person see's it, has been super reliable and is *ridiculously* fast.

I can jump in it and do a full day road trip without a sweat or wake up at 4AM to make it up to Sonoma for a practice day in the kart or car testing down in Buttonwillow and then be back home for lunch -- while being comfortable and fast. Gas mileage is also pretty good if you're just cruising either in the city or on the highway.

I don't like the politics of the way new Porsche's are acquired from dealers these days (and I have history with the racing departments and dealerships) and at one point I vowed never to get another "new" one. But, I'll probably still get the 992 Turbo S once I can find one as it's basically like my current one just a little better and faster.

A far #2 would be a AMG C63 Black Series I have in storage at the moment. If it didn't ride rougher than most race cars I've driven, it might be #1 for the engine alone. :D

-mike

IMG_0014(2).JPG

My favorite car - had it for 7 years which is the longest I owned a car. Going to the supermarket was special in this car!
Next year they'll start making them again and I'll get me a new one...

Loved my raptor- really like my wife’s escalade, TRX is my new favorite.. but my chevelle and Camaro are tied for first place

Attachments

• D6A1FF25-22EA-4796-8236-7DEA4C9FDE95.jpeg
    D6A1FF25-22EA-4796-8236-7DEA4C9FDE95.jpeg
    460.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 14EAD552-1B7D-4043-93D1-7BC44BB422FB.jpeg
    14EAD552-1B7D-4043-93D1-7BC44BB422FB.jpeg
    308.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 849DE62B-7571-470B-9275-30015B190DEA.jpeg
    849DE62B-7571-470B-9275-30015B190DEA.jpeg
    295 KB · Views: 33
  • C042BFFE-3FA5-4E2C-8181-16FC49D06F19.jpeg
    C042BFFE-3FA5-4E2C-8181-16FC49D06F19.jpeg
    240.3 KB · Views: 33
Loved my raptor- really like my wife’s escalade, TRX is my new favorite.. but my chevelle and Camaro are tied for first place
That's cheating, you got to pick one! Hint it should be the Chevelle :cool:

I have 2 favorites from my past. First was my 2000 Integra Type R in Phoenix yellow. Second was as 2011 Mercedes AMG E63. There is truly something to be said about refined luxury power! But like stated above, maintenance was expensive! I still wish I had both today. Now I really hope my ordered TRX is the next favorite!!
The integra type r was the grail ricer car. I liked it. Great powerband. I was into bmw back then. E36 3.2l M3

Y’all have gone through some seriously cool cars! Mine has to be my first Corvette. 2007 z06 in Atomic Orange. I did a cam and all the other might-as-well mods to it. It was just about perfect. The exhaust had dual modes so it was nice and quiet around town but was wild when I opened it up. I’ve had other Vettes but you just can’t recapture the magic of your first. That and buying my dream car at 26 was a pretty special thing.

The integra type r was the grail ricer car. I liked it. Great powerband. I was into bmw back then. E36 3.2l M3
It was such a fun car at the peak of the tuner car era. When I would auto cross it, my main “rival” was a guy in an Audi TT. If I recall correctly, the M3 guys of the era were in a different class than I was so we just enjoyed each other’s company!

Whatever I’m driving is always my favorite. Definitely true for the TRX.
Most memorable was the SRT8 GC and the RR Sport Supercharged. The Slingshot was pretty fun too. The TRX is such a “total package” fun, fast, useable, vehicle I don’t see myself upgrading for a daily.
I love my supercharged RR sport. Just drove it
The English make epic stuff
093E8F3D-5915-44E9-97A1-514834124580.jpeg
1A513DBA-362B-4E55-98C9-DE878DB51137.jpeg
4FA8223B-F860-4D69-94FD-129F2BBF2C9C.jpeg

Love my 2013 E93 (Dinan Badged it). Last year it came with the V8. The intake sounds like a harmony of Dyson Vacuums.
IMG_7563.JPG

A 4 link rear and I spy some King shocks, you make good (but expensive) decisions my guy :LOL:
I wanted to do a long arm front and carli rear leafs with king shocks on my truck but I'm glad I didn't, would never have gotten that money back from selling it. Maybe one day when I have a shop built, plan on doing a full ground up restoration on another 2nd gen 24v.

Those damn Cummins engines are insane, throw a bunch of money into them and don't even have to take it to a shop to get tuned was one of my favorite things about it (although I did my own custom tuning since I don't like smoke). Reason for me going 2nd gen instead of 3rd gen was purely due to injector cost. A full set of 01 injectors: $500, a full set of common rail injectors: $2500 + cores. Did good getting an 05, 2nd to last year of the 5.9 and no emissions stuff.
You are correct, you can't get the money back from a Carli suspension, but the enjoyment you get while owning the truck is well worth the expense. I highly recommend them.

You are absolutely right about the Cummins engine. Huge power made pretty easy. My buddy had a compound turbo set up on his '07 (with Carli suspension, and glass fenders/bedsides), and it was crazy fast. Rode great too!

I haven't had my TRX long, but I *really* like it.

However, my favorite vehicle I've ever owned is my current 991.2 911 Turbo S -- it's not even close. And I've owned a lot of cool cars over the years (other 911's of pretty much all generations, 720S Spyder, ZR1, Z06, etc). The Turbo S is essentially a perfect street vehicle for my needs. It's comfortable, super easy to park everywhere, isn't so low that it's a pain to take places, it doesn't stand out much (at least in the Bay Area where 911's are everywhere) unless a car person see's it, has been super reliable and is *ridiculously* fast.

I can jump in it and do a full day road trip without a sweat or wake up at 4AM to make it up to Sonoma for a practice day in the kart or car testing down in Buttonwillow and then be back home for lunch -- while being comfortable and fast. Gas mileage is also pretty good if you're just cruising either in the city or on the highway.

I don't like the politics of the way new Porsche's are acquired from dealers these days (and I have history with the racing departments and dealerships) and at one point I vowed never to get another "new" one. But, I'll probably still get the 992 Turbo S once I can find one as it's basically like my current one just a little better and faster.

A far #2 would be a AMG C63 Black Series I have in storage at the moment. If it didn't ride rougher than most race cars I've driven, it might be #1 for the engine alone. :D

-mike
I drove the 992 Turbo S at PECATL a few weeks ago, and I agree it's a really great daily if you want a sports car. Ride is great, seats are very comfortable, and it's ridiculously fast. Doing launch control you can actually feel your brain hit the back of your skull when you take off from zero...

I also have to concur the C63 black is insane. There was a guy that used to run around here with one and he had a catless, valved exhaust on it. Sounded incredible, and absolutely flew down the road. Hang on to that one!

We have different universes of first cars, but I loved my old fox body that was my first
Fox bodies were great. I had a 1989 white with red stripes. 5.0 was excellent at 225 horsepower. It was wicked for that time!

That’s a tough one, but I think my 2013 GT500 squeaks out the top spot. Why? Because Shelby. Although my Lightning, and of course the TRX, are fun as well.
04BC872C-5CF6-40A4-A55A-10322887A71F.jpeg

9178D47E-6324-4D66-B58F-A4C9780D9F88.jpeg

03 Cobra. After these body styles the mustang just got too big. Wanted to grab a GT350 after this but waited too long. Now that’s it’s discontinued pricing really shot up.

Attachments

• 8EA9D556-95DE-4821-A4CA-02B8D5275F27.jpeg
    8EA9D556-95DE-4821-A4CA-02B8D5275F27.jpeg
    394.7 KB · Views: 1

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back