Whats your favorite vehicle you've owned?

Cronus577

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Name
Austin
Current Ride
1992 Chevrolegs
Military
USAF Veteran
Everyone has different preferences and experiences with the vehicles they've owned, but what is your favorite and why? What are some things you didn't like about it? Could be about your truck, car, boat, quad, motorcycle, atv, etc.

I'll go first, my favorite vehicle was my 4x4 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 with the 24v Cummins engine which I sold last month as I work from home and it just sat in the driveway.

Things I liked:
  • The engine of course, even though I put a muffler on unlike most people, the sound of the Cummins engine was just pure music to my ears.
  • I really enjoyed working on it with how simple and accessible everything was in the engine bay. I completely restored the interior, rebuilt the entire HVAC system (Ice cold AC in Texas? Yes please!), put in a build 47re transmission, sourced all leather interior for it, wood grain door panels and dash bezel.
  • Parts availability, you can find parts for these trucks everywhere.
  • Longevity, it never gave me any issues, ever.. Even my 1999 compound turbo 24v with 480hp 1100ft lbs @ 50PSI had 379k miles on it and I was never afraid to jump in it and drive anywhere.
  • Customization, there are so many things you can do to these trucks and a wide variety of aftermarket parts & direct bolt on newer generation components.
  • Tuners, add a tuner and you're making up to 180hp & 420ft lbs more than stock for only $700.
  • Price, you can pick up one of these trucks for less than $8k and they hold their value.
  • Fuel economy, My 01 4x4 would get 15.4 mpg highway and my 01 2wd would get 20.1 mpg highway hand calculated from my drives from Texas to Washington State and back, not bad for a heavy truck.
  • Never got a ticket, been driving a 2nd gen since 2011 and I've never had a cop follow me like I did in my 240sx or Mustang.
  • The ignition, could be a pro or con depending on how you see it. I could pull the key out and lock the doors at gas stations and leave it running. I'd put my tuner on level 1 which was valet mode and I had it setup to kill the truck as soon as any throttle was applied.
Things I didn't like:
  • Brittle interior plastic, Chrysler opted against using UV inhibitors in their plastic so it just crumbles away.
  • No heat for at least 15 minutes, getting these trucks up to operating temperature took forever, so on cold days with no remote start I'd be shivering for a while.
  • Steering slop, the 4x4's are notorious for having absolutely terrible steering slop, mine was the same way until I rebuilt the front end.
  • The yeeyee roll coal culture.

Attachments

• IMG_0083.JPG
    IMG_0083.JPG
    471 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_0782.jpeg
    IMG_0782.jpeg
    400.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1046.jpeg
    IMG_1046.jpeg
    389.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1083.jpeg
    IMG_1083.jpeg
    533 KB · Views: 15
OP
Cronus577

Cronus577

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Name
Austin
Current Ride
1992 Chevrolegs
Military
USAF Veteran
Damn, just realized this should have been posted in Off-topic.

WolverineHusky

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX, 2012 Ram 2500 Cummins 6.7, 2018 Road Glide Ultra, 2020 Ducati Scrambler Sport Pro 1100
My TRX.

But assuming I can't pick that, definitely my E63 Merc AMG.

e632.jpg

The pic above is when she was stock, but I ended up tricking it out a bit. Put on black wheels, Meisterschaft exhuast, slammed it, carbon fiber short spoiler, and a JL Audio custom enclosure with two 10W7.

Though heavy, the 507 HP naturally aspirated V8 moved her fast and can't even remember losing a race with her. Luxurious and professional. Was loud too.

The only downside is after warranty expired a shop visit always cost at least 4 figures. Rode her hard, put her away wet, and ended up trading her in for a boring BMW.

DulcejuanDiaz

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram truck
My TRX.

But assuming I can't pick that, definitely my E63 Merc AMG.

View attachment 15277

The pic above is when she was stock, but I ended up tricking it out a bit. Put on black wheels, Meisterschaft exhuast, slammed it, carbon fiber short spoiler, and a JL Audio custom enclosure with two 10W7.

Though heavy, the 507 HP naturally aspirated V8 moved her fast and can't even remember losing a race with her. Luxurious and professional. Was loud too.

The only downside is after warranty expired a shop visit always cost at least 4 figures. Rode her hard, put her away wet, and ended up trading her in for a boring BMW.
Mercedes Benz. Best vehicles on the planet.

jonstr

TRX Member
Reaction score
1969 L88 Corvette - Definitely not 'refined' - just brutal. So much fun to drive, and those side pipes at full song were just awesome. This one was a rare (1 of 15) automatic-equipped L88s, and on normal acceleration from a stop it would break the tires loose on a 1-2 upshift. I really miss this car.

DSCN0904-1.jpg

Bambi

The Stripper Hunter
TRX of the Month
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
Range Rover Sport supercharged, F-150 FX4, Jeep Grand Cherokee
720s because it is absolute insanity. A 9 second from the factory car that can also destroy a circuit.

Behind that it was the Lambo lp560-20 50th anniversary. The gated shifter alone is so engaging.

OP
Cronus577

Cronus577

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Name
Austin
Current Ride
1992 Chevrolegs
Military
USAF Veteran
1969 L88 Corvette - Definitely not 'refined' - just brutal. So much fun to drive, and those side pipes at full song were just awesome. This one was a rare (1 of 15) automatic-equipped L88s, and on normal acceleration from a stop it would break the tires loose on a 1-2 upshift. I really miss this car.
The good ol' Stingrays, man I helped my grandpa work on his when I was a child. I remember he one had me help him push it up hill to his garage, the thing was not light. Never got to see him finish it, don't really know what happened to it.

HeliPilot

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Military
USAF
3 rank as my all time favorites...1964 Black on Red Sting-Ray (for its absolute beauty), 2011 Screw Raptor (for its first of its kind cool factor), and my 2019 Redeye Challenger (because it’s just bad ass).

Last edited:

TxSkye

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Name
Skye
Current Ride
2021 TRX
Whatever I’m driving is always my favorite. Definitely true for the TRX.
Most memorable was the SRT8 GC and the RR Sport Supercharged. The Slingshot was pretty fun too. The TRX is such a “total package” fun, fast, useable, vehicle I don’t see myself upgrading for a daily.

Two

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Current Ride
Too many to list
If the title read "own" instead of "owned", I'd say my '18 'Cat. Three years later and I still think it's a truly great car.
Having had several really fun cars, this one still makes me happier than any of the other ones have.

Although, overall victory rightfully should go to my '51 Jeep, but that's also an "own" and has been for a long time now.
DSCN2297.JPG

BusaDave

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Name
Dave
Current Ride
2021 Black TRX
Current Ride #2
2021 BMW X5 M
I have had a bunch. Bikes, cars, jeeps and trucks. One of the bikes a Boss Hoss with a 540 Scott Shafiroff race motor among many other modifications to Porsche, several MB AMG's, M series BMW's. My favorite ----- my 2005 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins.

I know, sounds funny but that truck was perfect of the little over 150k on it when it was traded not one DAY in the shop except for the tranny mods, bigger turbo and 4in lift!

Caliche

Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
Current Ride #2
2018 Polaris 1000 Ranger SxS
Definitely this crazy, ridiculous, insane and should never have been built ..... TRX. Most fun vehicle I have ever owned! Cheers.

LordExplorer

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
‘19 Raptor (just sold), '20 Husky 701, '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE
My current (TRX) and my first, a ‘74 Bronco with a 400hp 351 Windsor, straight FlowMaster exhaust (so loud), racing seats with 4 pt harnesses, suspension set up for dune running (Pismo) and a loud speaker/PA system that I used to taunt losers and flirt with girls. It was the perfect 16 yr old boys vehicle. Loved it

TyRX

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
21 Silver TRX
Current Ride #2
69 Camaro w/ LS swap
I love my TRX, it's fantastic. I like most of my other vehicles I've had. By far, my number 1 was my Audi RS5 though. The fastest? No. But it was quick (2014 with the NA 4.2l), handled fantastic, had a great interior, and by far was the best DD I've ever had.

ChargedUp!

TRX Member
Reaction score
Name
Paul
I have 2 favorites from my past. First was my 2000 Integra Type R in Phoenix yellow. Second was as 2011 Mercedes AMG E63. There is truly something to be said about refined luxury power! But like stated above, maintenance was expensive! I still wish I had both today. Now I really hope my ordered TRX is the next favorite!!

Durango

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Name
Brian
Current Ride
Ram 4WD 2500, Jeep Rubicon, Mercedes 4WD Sprinter, Scat Pack Charger, Ram TRX
Interesting thread.
I have liked pretty much all of my vehicles a lot for various reasons - and then I didn't like them as much. Fickle? Perhaps.
Some I liked for looks, some for performance, some for paint, some for interior, some for function, and on and on. Tough to answer... Maybe the answer is in which vehicles I've kept the longest - that would be my 4WD Vans. Something about the utility of a van combined with the looks of one that's 4WD... First one had a 460 and was a monster, next one years later was a diesel V-8 and 4WD, and looked AND sounded cooler, while the one now has the most high tech things to keep me safe as I can fall sleep while driving. That all aside - looking forward to seeing what I think of the TRX...if only it would get to the dealer!

Attachments

• TahoeAug10_008 (2).JPG
    TahoeAug10_008 (2).JPG
    584 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

humble

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
'21 TRX
Current Ride #2
A few BMWs
I have a certain attachment to the first car i ever bought - 2014 335i xDrive.
I've modded it to hell and back and she still gives me everything she's got and more. I love that car but it's probably the first purchase nostalgia hitting me. The TRX is a "close" second only because i bought that one before it.

CustomPerformance

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
I've never owned a vehicle I didn't like, but there are so many different reasons I've liked different vehicles it's tough to pin down my favorite. The only one I wish I hadn't sold was my '05 Excursion. Built motor, 4-link coil-over suspension, 38" tires, huge stereo. It was stupid fast for it's size, and having a huge SUV was great for road trips. I wouldn't want it as my daily driver since the newer 6.7 motor is so much more quiet, but it was a fun truck for sure.
Excursion.jpg

TyRX

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
21 Silver TRX
Current Ride #2
69 Camaro w/ LS swap
I have a certain attachment to the first car i ever bought - 2014 335i xDrive.
I've modded it to hell and back and she still gives me everything she's got and more. I love that car but it's probably the first purchase nostalgia hitting me. The TRX is a "close" second only because i bought that one before it.
We have different universes of first cars, but I loved my old fox body that was my first

OP
Cronus577

Cronus577

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Name
Austin
Current Ride
1992 Chevrolegs
Military
USAF Veteran
We have different universes of first cars, but I loved my old fox body that was my first
Man, my brother absolutely loves foxbodies! He just picked up his third a few months ago.

I have 2 favorites from my past. First was my 2000 Integra Type R in Phoenix yellow. Second was as 2011 Mercedes AMG E63. There is truly something to be said about refined luxury power! But like stated above, maintenance was expensive! I still wish I had both today. Now I really hope my ordered TRX is the next favorite!!
I was talking to a coworker last month who has an E55. He sent his ECM to some tuner and had his car dynod when he got it back and it made a little over 600hp and 722ft lbs. I never realized that those cars had such high output numbers, even stock.

Last edited:
RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com