Whats up from Kansas City!?!?

Yes, the good ol vin inspection station! I’d say 15 of my last 20 vehicles have been out of state purchases. I nearly knew them on a first name basis 🤣🤣🤣
I didn't know about the VIN inspection. I swear i didn't do that on my last vehicle i bought in MO. I went to the DMV first, left and got the VIN inspection, went back to the DMV, luckily they weren't very busy and the entire process took about an hour.

I was just doing a bunch more research on local companies that offer PPF and ceramic around KC today while I waited at the ford dealer for the 3rd time and still haven’t fixed my seat heater. I feel like the raptor is aging harder and harder as I wait for my TRX. I’m thinking I’ll do ceramic too and just PPF a few of the vulnerable areas. Where did you decide to get ceramic at?

You’ll have to let us know how the light install goes! Seeing more pop up.
I got ceramic at Extreme Detail in Olathe. Guys are super cool. They installed the bedside graphics. They messed up on the hood graphic (wrinkle he couldn't get out) so he ordered a new one at his cost and is going to put it on and then ceramic over it.

Side note, I have not put on the Oracle lightbar yet, but Extreme Detail did install the black lug nuts when the ceramic'd the wheels. They also put ceramic on the lightbar so it will match. I'm a fan of the black lug nuts.

Attachments

• IMG-2867.JPG
    IMG-2867.JPG
    412 KB · Views: 11
I got ceramic at Extreme Detail in Olathe. Guys are super cool. They installed the bedside graphics. They messed up on the hood graphic (wrinkle he couldn't get out) so he ordered a new one at his cost and is going to put it on and then ceramic over it.

Side note, I have not put on the Oracle lightbar yet, but Extreme Detail did install the black lug nuts when the ceramic'd the wheels. They also put ceramic on the lightbar so it will match. I'm a fan of the black lug nuts.
Those look awesome- I'm going to do the same with my wheels. What light bar are you getting coated? Can I see a pic?

I'm a fellow Kansas Citian just waiting on my Lvl2/Black from Granger...!

Those look awesome- I'm going to do the same with my wheels. What light bar are you getting coated? Can I see a pic?

I'm a fellow Kansas Citian just waiting on my Lvl2/Black from Granger...!
I don't have a pic of it as I haven't installed it. It is the Oracle one that goes in the "cut out" of the grill on the front bumper.

I'm going to run this to an auxillery button. The only bad thing is you have to drill 2 holes in the bumper.

I also still have my muffler delete kit to install too. One of these days!! I just have no time lately.

Attachments

• ORACLE_ram_trx_lightbar.jpg
    ORACLE_ram_trx_lightbar.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 3
Another thing for Granger guys or the other IA discount dealer (which I believe I passed on way home from Granger....Deery I think?). IA is dumb, you don't get an MSO (which I was bummed about as I wanted to scan it to keep it in my files....I'm weird like that). @opdenali already mentioned it....the dealership sends paperwork to the county DMV and then they mail you an "In-Transit Title." This means you HAVE to go to the KS VIN inspection station (obviously only applies to those of us in KS) before registering. For anyone wondering, its hours are 7:30-3:00. If you get there at 7:35, like I did this morning, expect 7 or so other vehicles already there in front of you. Back I go tomorrow to get there earlier.

Another thing is if you are buying the vehicle in a trust, the IA DMV is dumb. Huge pain that shouldn't have been to get the In-Transit Title. Long story, if you're buying in a trust and want to know-message me privately, I might be able to help save you some back and forth.

I saw a red TRX with a Ram Bar today around 11:30 on Antioch, exiting I-35 and heading N on Antioch (in OP/Merriam/KCK area). I wasn't in my TRX so I didn't wave. (Has there been an accepted TRX "wave" announced yet....haha!) Last week I saw a black TRX with a custom front bumper with lights NB on 69 Hwy in OP. Both trucks looked great!

Happy New Year.

Last edited:
Another thing for Granger guys or the other IA discount dealer (which I believe I passed on way home from Granger....Deery I think?). IA is dumb, you don't get an MSO (which I was bummed about as I wanted to scan it to keep it in my files....I'm weird like that). @opdenali already mentioned it....the dealership sends paperwork to the county DMV and then they mail you an "In-Transit Title." This means you HAVE to go to the KS VIN inspection station (obviously only applies to those of us in KS) before registering. For anyone wondering, its hours are 7:30-3:00. If you get there at 7:35, like I did this morning, expect 7 or so other vehicles already there in front of you. Back I go tomorrow to get there earlier.

Another thing is if you are buying the vehicle in a trust, the IA DMV is dumb. Huge pain that shouldn't have been to get the In-Transit Title. Long story, if you're buying in a trust and want to know-message me privately, I might be able to help save you some back and forth.

I saw a red TRX with a Ram Bar today around 11:30 on Antioch, exiting I-35 and heading N on Antioch (in OP/Merriam/KCK area). I wasn't in my TRX so I didn't wave. Has there been an "accepted" TRX wave announced yet....haha! Last week I saw a black TRX with a custom front bumper with lights NB on 69 Hwy in OP. Both trucks looked great!

Happy New Year.
Thanks for the heads up. Yeah I went to renew plates yesterday in Missouri and they have the same process to get the transfer credit. Everything run by the government is insanely stupid. Can we just leave it there?

I'd love to see that black truck around. I'm considering the gloss black XPEL PPF over the fenders and bumper but I can't tell if that looks hot or cheesy yet.

I bet we have around 15-20 KC people on here now. So cool.
Did you happen to to buy this from Olathe Dodge? I saw a red TRX with rambar on their lot last week when I was driving by.
Im in Topeka and ordered a red 2022 last week, we will see how long it takes to come in. I ordered the level 1 package

Im in Topeka and ordered a red 2022 last week, we will see how long it takes to come in. I ordered the level 1 package
I ordered a red 22 level 2 in October. Hopefully will be seeing you around! Definitely will need to get a KC TRX meet and greet in the spring/summer once a few more of us get our rides.

I saw a red TRX with a Ram Bar today around 11:30 on Antioch, exiting I-35 and heading N on Antioch (in OP/Merriam/KCK area). I wasn't in my TRX so I didn't wave. Has there been an "accepted" TRX wave announced yet....haha! Last week I saw a black TRX with a custom front bumper with lights NB on 69 Hwy in OP. Both trucks looked great!

Happy New Year.
Thanks @Hogie for all the great info! Glad to see your name pop up! Glad you haven’t forgotten about us peasants without trucks lol! My raptor is starting to age and she knows I have another ride in the works. Things are different between us now 😂😂😂! Glad to get the updates from you and hope all is well! All my friends send me pics of local TRXs they see around the metro. Assholes! but I’m excited for the day she arrives.

I ordered a red 22 level 2 in October. Hopefully will be seeing you around! Definitely will need to get a KC TRX meet and greet in the spring/summer once a few more of us get our rides.
When in Oct? I was the 28th. Wish I would have pulled the trigger months earlier... I had no reason to delay. Hindsight!

When in Oct? I was the 28th. Wish I would have pulled the trigger months earlier... I had no reason to delay. Hindsight!
The 20th. Lots of November and December builds going D1 though! May have been better to wait! Lol

1st check engine light yesterday. Threw 2 codes: P0133 (O2 Sensor Left Bank Up Stream) and P0153 (02 Sensor Right Bank Up Stream Slow Response). 1601 miles. At Olathe DCJR today (Reed couldn't get it in until next week). Crawling under the truck last night, I found a litle bit of oil on bottom side of rear part of the engine.

Hopefully get it back soon!

Thanks for the heads up. Yeah I went to renew plates yesterday in Missouri and they have the same process to get the transfer credit. Everything run by the government is insanely stupid. Can we just leave it there?

I'd love to see that black truck around. I'm considering the gloss black XPEL PPF over the fenders and bumper but I can't tell if that looks hot or cheesy yet.
I am in MO and Granger had to mail the In-Transit "Title" to me. I was surprised it wasn't an MSO but I guess that is what Iowa does. Anyway wen to DMV in MO and they told me I needed an Inspection of VIN or Mileage, so I had to go t Firestone Tire/Auto place in the same lot as the DMV (just the closest and easiest) pay the $12 (might have been $15) for them to verify the VIN and Mileage. Good ole Government at work at its finest. lol.

I was given an arrival estimate of 1/6-1/17 a few days ago from granger. The suspense is killing me. That probably means it gets here the 18th lol

1st check engine light yesterday. Threw 2 codes: P0133 (O2 Sensor Left Bank Up Stream) and P0153 (02 Sensor Right Bank Up Stream Slow Response). 1601 miles. At Olathe DCJR today (Reed couldn't get it in until next week). Crawling under the truck last night, I found a litle bit of oil on bottom side of rear part of the engine.

Damn! That’s no fun. I spoke with Reed about having my TRX serviced there. They seem like they were glad to have it. They also said they were willing to perform the forum created PDI checklist with the common issues for a small amount of labor. They said they keep parts stocked for a lot of items as well. Olathe is a big dealer though and I know they have sold quite a few TRXs and are a high volume truck dealer! Keep us posted!

This truck is drugs. Just hit the 300 mile mark for the break in period.

Attachments

• 1D068778-B05A-4D69-97AD-5F5067C0D1C4.jpeg
    1D068778-B05A-4D69-97AD-5F5067C0D1C4.jpeg
    563.5 KB · Views: 16
  • A8B05E17-3F6C-4C53-B494-0E8ED5160A5C.jpeg
    A8B05E17-3F6C-4C53-B494-0E8ED5160A5C.jpeg
    711.4 KB · Views: 12

Did you get your truck back yet? What was the diagnosis?

My Granite LVL 2 showed up at Olathe Dodge last night. No HK or tech so I walked away. Now waiting on a Granger order I placed in December. Hopefully, it’s only 3 more months. What a kick in the balls.

Back