Whats up from Kansas City!?!?

I just hit my lotto, based out of Topeka but spend a lot of time in KC. So, one more Granite to the area!

I'm leaning towards Cornerstone for Xpel PPF/Ceramic. Anyone ever hear back from them if they'd be interested in doing a group deal?
That’s awesome, congrats man. I’m definitely down to get on that deal if we can make it happen. I should of done it on my black raptor and I have been regretting it. Now that I have my 22 TRX on order… definitely making it a priority

Hello all, I'm a new member and have a 21 TRX in Red. I bought it used and it came with a RamBar that I don't really want. Is anyone in the Kansas City area interested in purchasing it? I'm in South Overland Park.

Hello all, I'm a new member and have a 21 TRX in Red. I bought it used and it came with a RamBar that I don't really want. Is anyone in the Kansas City area interested in purchasing it? I'm in South Overland Park.
Welcome to the KC thread in the forum! I have a 22 red on order! There are a handful of local guys who are on here. They should chime in soon, good luck!

I bet we have around 15-20 KC people on here now. So cool.
Did you happen to to buy this from Olathe Dodge? I saw a red TRX with rambar on their lot last week when I was driving by.

Finally hooked her up to the boat today. Around 300 lbs tongue weight and the rear sagged 2 inches. Averaged 10.5 mpg doing 70-75 mph.

Attachments

• PXL_20211217_230429449.jpg
    PXL_20211217_230429449.jpg
    450.4 KB · Views: 27
Finally hooked her up to the boat today. Around 300 lbs tongue weight and the rear sagged 2 inches. Averaged 10.5 mpg doing 70-75 mph.
Truck is looking awesome! That color is bad ass. Cool boat too, perfect fishing boat for around here

I ended up passing on the PPF. Got some other prices though and had an OK deal worked out. I got a sample and it didn’t mute the metal flake in my GCM paint as much as I had hoped it would, so figured I’d pass on it.

Getting it ceramic coated and front windows tinted right now. Having a little bit of second thoughts on not getting matte PPF. Oh well, too late now.

My Oracle flush mounted grill lightbar finally came today. It shipped 2 weeks ago. As soon as I submitted inquiry to USPS, it was magically found and arrived in KC.

I saw another GCM metallic in Olathe this morning.

Hope those that are waiting for trucks get good news soon!

Merry Christmas everyone.

I ended up passing on the PPF. Got some other prices though and had an OK deal worked out. I got a sample and it didn’t mute the metal flake in my GCM paint as much as I had hoped it would, so figured I’d pass on it.

Getting it ceramic coated and front windows tinted right now. Having a little bit of second thoughts on not getting matte PPF. Oh well, too late now.

My Oracle flush mounted grill lightbar finally came today. It shipped 2 weeks ago. As soon as I submitted inquiry to USPS, it was magically found and arrived in KC.

I saw another GCM metallic in Olathe this morning.

Hope those that are waiting for trucks get good news soon!

Merry Christmas everyone.
I was just doing a bunch more research on local companies that offer PPF and ceramic around KC today while I waited at the ford dealer for the 3rd time and still haven’t fixed my seat heater. I feel like the raptor is aging harder and harder as I wait for my TRX. I’m thinking I’ll do ceramic too and just PPF a few of the vulnerable areas. Where did you decide to get ceramic at?

You’ll have to let us know how the light install goes! Seeing more pop up.

Have an order with Olathe Dodge that I’m most likely backing out of. Ordered in July but order got all messed up with the Level 2 change. Can’t accept an initial fully loaded truck that’s not fully loaded. Just started over with an order at Granger. Waiting for the Olathe order to come in to make sure HK, HUD, etc is not on it but pretty sure it’s not. Build sheet is minus those items. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Have an order with Olathe Dodge that I’m most likely backing out of. Ordered in July but order got all messed up with the Level 2 change. Can’t accept an initial fully loaded truck that’s not fully loaded. Just started over with an order at Granger. Waiting for the Olathe order to come in to make sure HK, HUD, etc is not on it but pretty sure it’s not. Build sheet is minus those items. 🤦🏻‍♂️
That’s some crap luck there. Would you still end up buying it while you wait for your granger order? That new order will likely take a while if it’s fully optioned out.

Thought about it but not sure if I can recoup the cost. This was an MSRP deal. I asked what kind of trade in $ I can get with Granger but haven’t heard back yet.

Thought about it but not sure if I can recoup the cost. This was an MSRP deal. I asked what kind of trade in $ I can get with Granger but haven’t heard back yet.
Granger wouldn’t give me a trade in value on my raptor until my truck is being shipped. They said roughly 30 days out from delivery is when they would give me a bid. At that time I will decide to sell private party, to an online company, or just trade it in and be done. I like the KS tax credit when you trade it but sucks when you sell private party and buy new.

Random question. I know we get a sales tax credit in Kansas. What about personal property tax? I already paid for 2022 PP tax on my current truck. I’m wondering if I have to pay it in full again when I register the TRX. Or maybe get a credit for the PP tax I already paid on my current tags.

Random question. I know we get a sales tax credit in Kansas. What about personal property tax? I already paid for 2022 PP tax on my current truck. I’m wondering if I have to pay it in full again when I register the TRX. Or maybe get a credit for the PP tax I already paid on my current tags.
If you no longer own the vehicle that was tagged (assume you traded it in) then yes. You will need to fill out a form and send in your plate/tags for a pro-rated refund.

If you no longer own the vehicle that was tagged (assume you traded it in) then yes. You will need to fill out a form and send in your plate/tags for a pro-rated refund.
Yes agree with above. I have also just brought in my old tags and registration receipt, possibly a bill of sale to the DMV years ago when I registered a new vehicle but that was 10 cars ago lol.

Last edited:
I just went to the DMV yesterday and did all this. First you'll need to wait for the the Iowa title to come in the mail. Then take the truck to the KS highway patrol VIN inspection. Provide the bill of sale, IA title, old license plate if you want to transfer it and VIN inspection paperwork to the DMV. They had all my previous info in the system and gave me property tax credit for the prior vehicle. I wrote a check for almost $9k for registration, inspection, sales tax and property tax!

I just went to the DMV yesterday and did all this. First you'll need to wait for the the Iowa title to come in the mail. Then take the truck to the KS highway patrol VIN inspection. Provide the bill of sale, IA title, old license plate if you want to transfer it and VIN inspection paperwork to the DMV. They had all my previous info in the system and gave me property tax credit for the prior vehicle. I wrote a check for almost $9k for registration, inspection, sales tax and property tax!
Interesting. I checked the Kansas website for personal property tax estimate and it said 850~ Since mine will likely be a January sale. I wonder what the sales tax figure is? Do they use the MSRP or take the discounted price. That discount price could be a 1k swing in sales tax. 78k msrp - 47k trade in = 31k tax liability. So I’ll be writing a check for around 4k
They must love people like us 🤣

Yes, the good ol vin inspection station! I’d say 15 of my last 20 vehicles have been out of state purchases. I nearly knew them on a first name basis 🤣🤣🤣

Interesting. I checked the Kansas website for personal property tax estimate and it said 850~ Since mine will likely be a January sale. I wonder what the sales tax figure is? Do they use the MSRP or take the discounted price. That discount price could be a 1k swing in sales tax. 78k msrp - 47k trade in = 31k tax liability. So I’ll be writing a check for around 4k
They must love people like us 🤣
You pay based on the discounted price, not MSRP. I sold my vehicle privately, kept some for taxes and put the rest down. I paid $7k sales tax and $1,200 property tax ($360 credit).

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back