What you don't realize is...

KnightMare

🛠️ Staff member
Founding Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
'21 Outlander XMR, '18 ZX-10rr, '15 Caravan, '17 Fusion, '12 Pasat CC, '11 ZX-10r, '04 Avalanche
Current Ride #2
'67 Pontiac GTO, '67 Lemans Convertible, '69 Camaro, '69 Chevelle, '70 Chevelle, '70 Chevelle
Sometimes you just got to sit back and realize that the company that made this...

1611282879095.png

was bought out by a company that made this...
1611282903995.png

And then bought out again by a company that makes this...
1611282954904.png

And then the brain trust decided on this for a name...
1611282686111.png

Sometimes you just got to sit back and realize that the company that made this...

View attachment 2886

was bought out by a company that made this...
View attachment 2887

And then bought out again by a company that makes this...
View attachment 2888

And then the brain trust decided on this for a name...
View attachment 2885
Yeah that merger isn’t going to help the cause.....I can’t figure that one out. Just hope to hell we get our trucks before the f it up even more.

When did that last sale happen? I couldn’t figure out how Stellantis got in my sub area of YT...

Cause of this bullshit many of our trucks have gotten pushed back with no firm build dates!
Lets just say it's hard to order something when the company writing the checks doesn't exist anymore...
...plus actual shortages....

Knightmare, that is a Renault, not a Peugeot
I was being dramatic!!! :ROFLMAO:
Speaking of Pigeon-ot... does this not look like a knock off jetta with a evil smile?
1611325957626.png

I was being dramatic!!! :ROFLMAO:
Speaking of Pigeon-ot... does this not look like a knock off jetta with a evil smile?
View attachment 2909
It does, I am actually excited about the merger. It sounds like they are going to offer up Peugeot platforms for both Dodge and Chrysler. We don't want to lose those nameplates. (RIP Pontiac!) . With a little platform sharing, and Mike Manley still at the helm in the US, it could be a interesting couple of years. There are several Peugeots that are sleeper cars.

This might be considered old news for some of you, but I just read the article today.

Stellantis has disbanded the SRT engineering team​

The SRT team will now fine tune minivans for a sportier feel, and other things. Lol

I can't imagine being part of an elite team that has accomplished what they've accomplished, only to be reassigned to helping out the other departments. "Hey John, I know you help design that rocket, but, how would you feel helping us fine tune this fine family minivan? It definitely has something that you're not use to, such as: great fuel economy, three additional storage compartments for you kids' lunch, 0-60 in 27 seconds, and so much more. It's just an amazing project for you to be part of."

Last edited:
Oh boy, so much ignorance in one post :cool:
For those of us who really love trucks, a Peugeot pick up truck dominated the Paris Dakar rally back in the days and a 404 pickup truck with 1600cc engine (don't bother with the conversion to cubic inch it's smaller then just our super charger unit) was certified to carry 2200 lb and you can see these from the 70s and 80s still running in Africa.

The fact is that to survive as a car company you need economies of scale. For me as long as you have someone like Ralph Giles in charge of design, and the engineering teams at Jeep, Ram, and Dodge have free reign that is all that counts. And I don't care if the call the new company stelfuckyou. The volume products that they sell the masses, are what enables them to make Halo cars and trucks for us car guys (and gals and non binary etc).

Oh boy, so much ignorance in one post :cool:
For those of us who really love trucks, a Peugeot pick up truck dominated the Paris Dakar rally back in the days and a 404 pickup truck with 1600cc engine (don't bother with the conversion to cubic inch it's smaller then just our super charger unit) was certified to carry 2200 lb and you can see these from the 70s and 80s still running in Africa.

The fact is that to survive as a car company you need economies of scale. For me as long as you have someone like Ralph Giles in charge of design, and the engineering teams at Jeep, Ram, and Dodge have free reign that is all that counts. And I don't care if the call the new company stelfuckyou. The volume products that they sell the masses, are what enables them to make Halo cars and trucks for us car guys (and gals and non binary etc).
Ford and GM make plenty of Halo cars and I don't see them getting sold off multiple times in 30 years. The SRT team getting disbanded is not a good sign. They already designed the SRT Jeep, Trackhawk, TRX, baby TRX, and 392 Wrangler. Why would they have to be "dissolved" if they were already influencing design for the other brands?

Think about it, a month after the merger they killed off SRT division. Ever since then Ralph Giles has been in PR damage control mode ever since. There will be a1000hp Challenger coming but what if it was a V4 or V6 with turbos or a battery? People getting on Ford for doing that so they can make Halo cars, what is everyone going to do when Dodge does it in a couple years?

Ford and GM make plenty of Halo cars and I don't see them getting sold off multiple times in 30 years. The SRT team getting disbanded is not a good sign. They already designed the SRT Jeep, Trackhawk, TRX, baby TRX, and 392 Wrangler. Why would they have to be "dissolved" if they were already influencing design for the other brands?

Think about it, a month after the merger they killed off SRT division. Ever since then Ralph Giles has been in PR damage control mode ever since. There will be a1000hp Challenger coming but what if it was a V4 or V6 with turbos or a battery? People getting on Ford for doing that so they can make Halo cars, what is everyone going to do when Dodge does it in a couple years?
There was no business case for a stand alone SRT team on top of a corporate engineering team and individual brands engineering teams, just like there was no business case for a standalone SRT brand which why that lasted a whole of 2 minutes.
Just to further hammer the point, the Hellcat engine is not something revolutionary in terms of engineering. In corporate FCA there is a 4 liter twin turbo charged engine developed by Ferrari and is mated to the same ZF transmission in my Maserati Levante that easily does 700 hp, weighs half what the Hellcat weighs and gest much better mileage. And the only reason it is limited to 600hp in the Masi is because they do not want it to eclipse the performance of the Ferrari cars that cost twice the price of a Maserati. So the future is smaller lighter V8s for the halo cars and truck, supercharged and electrically hybrid boosted, pure EV powerplants, and smaller stronger V6s. SRT didn't exactly lead on any of those did it?

So while I love the SRT products, they can do just as much if not more from within a corporate engineering team. This is not an automotive decision or even an engineering decision it is a wider operations and management decision.

I just got to say after the long wait to get my truck. It was worth it, this truck is just a beast. I still can’t get the smile off my face when I’m hammering it down passing people on the freeway. I have already yank it off the road into an open field doing 70 and it handled it like nothing I’ve ever seen. You guys waiting be patient it will be worth it.

Back