What do you plan on towing?

Thanks! Stock weight is around 5400 with the trailer. But add in power poles, 5 batteries, poles/tackle its also around 6000lbs I'd guess. Towed it from socal to lake mohave in AZ and had no issues, up and down hills was smoothe.

Moving my son back to college for the year. The TRX does great pulling my utility trailer.

trx-towing-small-trailer.jpeg

No more, no less :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• Hitch.jpg
    Hitch.jpg
    490.2 KB · Views: 37
Here it is loaded with my 70 dodge charger inside my 22’ enclosed trailer. About 500 miles round trip to the Mopar Nationals. First time hauling this far with this much weight in this truck. Pulled really well and got 9 mpg. Overall pretty pleased other than it does squat more than my Laramie.

Attachments

• IMG_6635.jpeg
    IMG_6635.jpeg
    604.1 KB · Views: 24
Thanks! Stock weight is around 5400 with the trailer. But add in power poles, 5 batteries, poles/tackle its also around 6000lbs I'd guess. Towed it from socal to lake mohave in AZ and had no issues, up and down hills was smoothe.
awesome! Thank you! What did you use prior to the trx? Curious if. you noticed much difference

I don’t know the exact weight of the rig I just purchased but the TRX sure did well , had a little bit of a sag to it but not bad at all , any thing recommended that can help that out? Also got the TPMS sensors installed 👍🏻
IMG_0372.jpeg

I don’t know the exact weight of the rig I just purchased but the TRX sure did well , had a little bit of a sag to it but not bad at all , any thing recommended that can help that out? Also got the TPMS sensors installed 👍🏻View attachment 111228
Get a weight distributing hitch if you can. That trailer tongue configuration may pose some challenges though. Air bags are another option. Plenty of threads on here about them.

Get a weight distributing hitch if you can. That trailer tongue configuration may pose some challenges though. Air bags are another option. Plenty of threads on here about them.
Nice thanks for the info , I’m going to have to search some threads and see what might be the best way to go 👍🏻

Can you folks give me an idea of what to expect towing an enclosed 24' car hauler with a curb weight of 3706lbs and a GVWR of 9900? I'll be towing a 1968 Mustang Fastback that weighs around 2700lbs. It's a long haul, traveling from KS to WV and returning. Should I opt for a weight distributing hitch? I'll likely be running 37s at that point as well.

TIA!!

Can you folks give me an idea of what to expect towing an enclosed 24' car hauler with a curb weight of 3706lbs and a GVWR of 9900? I'll be towing a 1968 Mustang Fastback that weighs around 2700lbs. It's a long haul, traveling from KS to WV and returning. Should I opt for a weight distributing hitch? I'll likely be running 37s at that point as well.

TIA!!
If you don’t have already, get the timber grove airbags at a minimum. They sagged with my quad or sled in it prior. I’ve been very happy with them.

I just bought a Harris Solstice 250 tritoon with a 350 on the back….about 6500-7000lbs with gear and fuel. Trailered from NJ to MA at about 65mph managed 8.7 mpg. Truck has pulley, tune, injectors, Foutz leveling kit and Timber grove airbags. I’ve pulled some 5k loads in the past and would not have done this trip without the TimberGrove bags. The bags in my opinion work wonders, truck felt awesome on the highway and had 0 issues with power or braking (dual axle trailer with dual disc brakes). Tritoons notoriously tow like shit and I thought the truck did amazing. I’d just be prepared for lots and lots of fuel stops on your trek.

If you don’t have already, get the timber grove airbags at a minimum. They sagged with my quad or sled in it prior. I’ve been very happy with them.
Second the TG bags, they are amazing and super easily install.

I just bought a Harris Solstice 250 tritoon with a 350 on the back….about 6500-7000lbs with gear and fuel. Trailered from NJ to MA at about 65mph managed 8.7 mpg. Truck has pulley, tune, injectors, Foutz leveling kit and Timber grove airbags. I’ve pulled some 5k loads in the past and would not have done this trip without the TimberGrove bags. The bags in my opinion work wonders, truck felt awesome on the highway and had 0 issues with power or braking (dual axle trailer with dual disc brakes). Tritoons notoriously tow like shit and I thought the truck did amazing. I’d just be prepared for lots and lots of fuel stops on your trek.
Yes, the truck has power all day to tow heavy loads and I don’t have a tune (have lower pulley, cai, headers) did pull about 12k worth of trailer and skidsteer with no issue with the air bags. Braking - you feel it with stock and that heavy. Power, no problem.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back