What did you do to your TRX today?

Added some lights!

Attachments

• 1F26AA7F-F020-4A0E-A639-AED13C9A2156.jpeg
    1F26AA7F-F020-4A0E-A639-AED13C9A2156.jpeg
    234.3 KB · Views: 89
What kit did you go with? How many lights?
OPT7 Aura Interior Car Lights LED... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OU5LOT2?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

OPT7 Aura Pro Underglow for Truck/SUV Aluminum, Bluetooth APP LED Exterior underbody Lighting Kit, Neon Accent Bar Strip,16 Million Color, Waterproof, Soundsync, Door Assist, iOS/Android Enable, 4pc https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NSPB9RQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_K928MWRTQG5B5J6CASPN

OPT7 Quantum Pro Rock Light LED... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0816BZS5Z?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

:)

Going to have more PPF applied. Even with the mud flaps still getting some damage around the gas door and below on both sides. While he is here going to replace the front part of the hoods PPF. Have a few dings in it.

Going to have more PPF applied. Even with the mud flaps still getting some damage around the gas door and below on both sides. While he is here going to replace the front part of the hoods PPF. Have a few dings in it.

How many miles with all that damage you describe?

How many miles with all that damage you describe?
I have 9k but all of this happened on the last trip to the ranch. All of it happened in about 30 miles I would say. The hood dings in the PPF over about 3k. If you want pics I will take them. Going out in about an hour to cover up the tiny chips.

I have 9k but all of this happened on the last trip to the ranch. All of it happened in about 30 miles I would say. The hood dings in the PPF over about 3k. If you want pics I will take them. Going out in about an hour to cover up the tiny chips.

Not necessary, but if you want to show off your baby - I'm totally down!

. . . I was just trying to get a better clearer idea of the importance of spending the extra on a PPF.

Seems, it's pretty important!! ;)

How are the hood dings happening, is crap being kicked up by others in front of you?

A quick wash now that I applied ceramic on the ppf .... 2 minutes later a nice coat of dust.. haha. Cheers.
1631636413832.jpeg

1631636521183.jpeg

I went up to North Cal over the weekend. Went to Bevmo to pick up some tasty beverages and parked next to a Gen2 Raptor.
When I came out of Bevmo the Raptor was gone and he/she left me a pretty nice door ding as a parting prize. LOL. The hate is real folks.
I left a lot of room between their truck and mine so they really had to go wide for the ding. I learnt my lesson.

Question though, does the ppf need to be removed before the ding removal guy shows up, or can it stay on?

I went up to North Cal over the weekend. Went to Bevmo to pick up some tasty beverages and parked next to a Gen2 Raptor.
When I came out of Bevmo the Raptor was gone and he/she left me a pretty nice door ding as a parting prize. LOL. The hate is real folks.
I left a lot of room between their truck and mine so they really had to go wide for the ding. I learnt my lesson.

Question though, does the ppf need to be removed before the ding removal guy shows up, or can it stay on?
No it will have to be done over. How big is the ding? If it did not get paint then you might be able to get it out yourself. I have done several using the glue on puller and the last few years learned a trick using a hair dryer (heat gun if you are careful) and cans of compressed air turned upside down come out as a liquid about 150 below zero. You heat the ding area up hot but not hot enough to hurt the paint then hit it with the liquid air!

The instant cold and you may have to do it a few times will pull the metal back very close to the original form. This is of course on a flat spot with no original formed creases when they made the door.

You tube had some good videos of this.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com
Back