Mopar78

TRX Fan
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2014 Ram SWB RC 4x4
Military
Army
I'm looking and the best deal I'm being offered is 4K over MSRP. I'm worried that this will be a limited edition Ram. Are you all getting better deals or is the norm? Any word that they will run the TRX for a few years? I don't want to "jump the gun" and be taken advantage of but on the other hand I do not want to miss out.

X-ray

TRX Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2019 Mercedes E63S Wagon

CU89

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction score
FCA said they will build as many as they can, but they also said that about the 2015 Hellcat. While production is not limited it could certainly be constrained / limited by parts availability and scheduling. I imagine they will be difficult to find until late spring or next summer sometime. Some paid MSRP, some have had dealers promise a little less than MSRP, some paid more than you did. I think you did fine. Plenty of dealers asking much more than 4k.

STRADALE

TRX Junkie
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
TRX - Ferrari F430 - PORSCHE 997 turbo -
Current Ride #2
Harley CVO Street Glide - Harley CVO Electra Glide - Harley Nostalgia - Kawasaki Ninja H2
MSRP.

I wouldn’t worry about missing out, you should be able to get a truck at MSRP, if not now then in the very near future. All indications are this is not a “limited“ run.

Speedy3

TRX Fan
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
JLU Rubicon
Current Ride #2
Triumph Speed Triple
There are definitely dealers around willing to sell at MSRP. Worst case scenario you have to wait till the next round of allocations.

F8Demon

TRX Junkie
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Dodge Demon and 2021 Hydro Blue TRX
MSRP

They will make as many as they can sell. If your not in a hurry and don't want to pay it just sit tight and keep looking.

KnightMare

Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
'21 Outlander XMR, '19 Sprinter 144, '19 Accord, '18 ZX-10rr, '15 Caravan, '17 Fusion, '12 Pasat CC, '11 ZX-10r, '04 Avalanche
Current Ride #2
'67 Pontiac GTO, '67 Lemans Convertible, '69 Camaro, '69 Chevelle, '70 Chevelle, '70 Chevelle
MSRP.
I searched out of my state to get an allocation

OP
Mopar78

Mopar78

TRX Fan
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2014 Ram SWB RC 4x4
Military
Army
Thanks all for the information. Looks like if you can actually find a dealership that can order one and sell for MSRP, it's the way to go.

Strimdog

TRX Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ford Raptor, Porsche 997 Turbo, Porsche 997 GT3, Land Rover Sport, BMW X7
Current Ride #2
Inbound TRX LE - IS IT HERE YET!?
MSRP if you want a regular TRX. I ordered an LE 8K over.

ThoRaX

TRX Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Kia Optima
Talked to 2 dealers in CT. One was MSRP and the other was $200 under. Order with the one under MSRP on 8/19. Non-LE

THR evo8

TRX Fanatic
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2012 Lexus IS 350awd
Current Ride #2
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 8 MR
I paid 5k over msrp for my non LE
Was quoted 20k over msrp for LE by 2 dealers and said no

MAXGroup

TRX Junkie
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
RAM TRX
Current Ride #2
Maserati Levante GTS, Jeep GC Trailhawk, Tesla 3 Long Range
Military
Israeli Air Force
MSRP. I ordered an LE at MSRP they added Ram Bar and could not take it off. Since I'm planning on a bed cap, I refused to pay for it. Now they built me another one to spec Billet Silver still MSRP

Carnut12

TRX Noob
Reaction score
Current Ride
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
Military
Navy
Talked to 2 dealers in CT. One was MSRP and the other was $200 under. Order with the one under MSRP on 8/19. Non-LE

Just curious what dealer in CT you spoke with?

CopBait

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
21 RAM TRX
Current Ride #2
12 CTS-V Coupe Manual
I paid MSRP for non LE .. Hendrick Ram in Raleigh NC has and LE for 10k over that is not spoken for.

shooter44

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2017 Raptor and 2020 Tesla X
I'm looking and the best deal I'm being offered is 4K over MSRP. I'm worried that this will be a limited edition Ram. Are you all getting better deals or is the norm? Any word that they will run the TRX for a few years? I don't want to "jump the gun" and be taken advantage of but on the other hand I do not want to miss out.

I called around to all the Ram dealerships within an hour drive of where I live (maybe 5 dealerships). The last one I called gave me MSRP. The others were anywhere from $5k to $30k over MSRP. When I bought my 17' raptor when they first came out I paid $2,500 over. Could have waited and probably paid MSRP on that. But they still don't discount those much even after being out for 4 years now. Bottom line is I don't think you'll ever see deep discounts on the TRX, maybe a little below MSRP down the road imo. But for me it was worth a few extra bucks to have it early on. My rationale is we are talking about a $85-$90k truck here. I can't imagine a thousand or two either way moves the needle much for the folks that are buying these things. Hope this helps!

Skinguy23

TRX Fan
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
F-150
MSRP

I had to search a bit. First 2 dealers ended up being 20k and 15k over. Hold out for sticker price if you can wait. There might be a dealer out there at MSRP now. Keep looking at this awesome site for a lead

Kyle702

TRX Fanatic
Founding Member
Reaction score
10K over for LE here. Not proud of it but the non-LE were 5K over and I really like the Anvil. I have had my current truck for 12 years so I figured it was worth the extra bit since I will be driving it for so long (Hopefully). I am sure I could've had a better deal somewhere else but here in West Texas these trucks sell like crazy. Most of the raptors are still sold with ADM for most of the year when I recently looked.

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com