What are the Top 10 Modifications You Plan to Do to Your TRX?

Johnny@JustBoltOns

TRX Maniac
Founding Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 Ram TRX - AWE Exhaust, J&L Catch Can, Sentry CT Tonneau Cover, Tons of Rigid Lights, Weld 20x9 +0 Black Ledge Wheels, 35.5 BFG KO2s, Eibach Front Leveling Springs, aFe Pro 5R Intake.
Current Ride #2
2005 Mustang V8 Swapped / Insane Long Mod List.
While we all wait, I figured this would be an awesome thread to see what everyone else plans to do to their TRX. I'm one of those that can't leave anything stock as I'm sure there's many of us on here!

My Top 10 Modifications That I Plan To Do To My TRX Launch Edition:
  1. Coverking Autobody Armor Custom Car Cover (Ordered to Ram 2500 Mega Cab spec so it would be slightly longer) - Already have it. (30-40% off at AutoAnything).
  2. Covercraft Canine Covers Coverall Custom Rear Seat (Ordered a month ago, 5-7 week build time) / All Season Husky or Weathertech Floor Liners
  3. Window / Sunroof Tint / TRX / Business Vinyl Graphics
  4. Single Step Paint Correction, Graphene 5 Year Ceramic Coating, Ceramic Pro Rain, Engine Bay Ceramic Coating, Ceramic Pro Wheel & Caliper
  5. Light Bar / LED Cubes for Ram Bar (Rigid or Baja or something else)
  6. Tonneau Cover (Hard Fold or Rolling) - Will modify if I have to work with Ram Bar
  7. Change the Color of the Beadlock Ring
  8. Cat-Back Exhaust System (Hopefully Borla or AWE is working on something already)
  9. Long Tube Headers / Catted H or X Pipe (Kooks or ARH)
  10. Driveshaft upgrade (especially after seeing what happens to Hellcat ones often) and I might as well if I have the exhaust out. (DSS or The Axle Exchange)

I may end up doing the follow modifications as some point:
  1. Upgrade the Ram Forced Intake with a new aftermarket alternative
  2. Custom Tuning by Barth Tuning
  3. Considering upgrade the brakes to a Brembo setup if it ends up needing the extra stopping power.

Revised:
- V1 Radar hardwired / mount (already have from previous vehicle)
- NextBase Dash Cam 422GW (from previous vehicle)
- Console / Floor Vault (https://www.lockerdown.com/ag-90-ram-1500.html)

Being in the performance parts space and the added wait time we've all endured, I've had time to build out this crazy list. I'm sure this will be a fun project over the next year or two for many of us.

Last edited:
Ah yes! Console vault is on my list. Almost bought the floor one and center console one during their sale this past weekend.

10? Well...
Ceramic Tint
Naviks to unlock more features on radio
DashCam
Radar detector/laserjammer
Paint protection/Wrap
Amp Steps
Leveling kit
Intake
Exhaust
Smaller SC pully/tune
Wheels/tires that lighter than stock
Aftermarket rambar that is compatible with a tonneau cover
Offroad lights
May upgrade the subwoofer that comes with the HK system depending on how it sounds
Darken front skid plate
Tint white sections in the taillights/front amber markers
Debadge all SCAM, I mean RAM logos except the on the tailgate since it has mounting holes
Black shock socks to cover white shocks
More interior carbon pieces if someone offers it
And whatever pieces that comes available that'll make the truck lighter

1. Bed Cap
2. Hidden winch
3. Install an upright spare holder in the bed.
4. A pair of massive off road Hellas on the front of the roof, and a strobe on the roof between the Hellas
5. Install the widest tires I can accommodate with just leveling (lifting) the front
6. Add a splitter to rear camera to include a trailer camera hookup - Not sure if it comes with one or not
7. Under rear seats lockable storage for my NON NFA
8. Install MAX Logo on sides and my IAF logo on the hood
9. Extra Fuel tank to replace either original tank or under body spare
10. Find someone to take out grey stitching and install yellow stitching :)

So before there's a hundred threads on this ...

Does anyone know if Ram has said whether or not the truck will fit 37s in stock form?

Or maybe with front leveling collars and a different offset?

Or do you guys think it's trimming time if one wants 37s?

So before there's a hundred threads on this ...

Does anyone know if Ram has said whether or not the truck will fit 37s in stock form?

Or maybe with front leveling collars and a different offset?

Or do you guys think it's trimming time if one wants 37s?
I'm not sure but I think one of us will be testing that out. Hopefully no need for wider flares like the GEN1 Raptors. I can't wait to see who comes out with a Leveling Kit for the front that isn't just blocks. Would be nice if the factory setup had "mid-perch" adjustments like the GEN1 Raptors (for leveling).

I'm not sure but I think one of us will be testing that out. Hopefully no need for wider flares like the GEN1 Raptors. I can't wait to see who comes out with a Leveling Kit for the front that isn't just blocks. Would be nice if the factory setup had "mid-perch" adjustments like the GEN1 Raptors (for leveling).

I had SVC adjustable collars on the 18 Raptor, those things were great because when I upgraded the rear leaf spring to Deaver heavy duty to compensate for all the weight from the Decked system and contents, it raised the rear up a bit and I still managed to keep the front of the truck level. I was hoping someone would make the same type of adjustable collars for the Ram.

On another front, I did some research a while back that I posted on another forum if one wants to swap the gray stock skid plate for the Rebel black edition one. The part number is 5ZB47GXHAA.

2021-ram-1500-trx.jpg

2020_ram_rebel_black_2.jpg

I might do that at delivery if the ADD front bumper isn't yet available. Then maybe vinyl wrap or pdip the RAM grille emblem to match for the OCD reasons.

I had SVC adjustable collars on the 18 Raptor, those things were great because when I upgraded the rear leaf spring to Deaver heavy duty to compensate for all the weight from the Decked system and contents, it raised the rear up a bit and I still managed to keep the front of the truck level. I was hoping someone would make the same type of adjustable collars for the Ram.

I hope SVC jumps on this market as they are one of the best options. I know they focusing on the Ford Fleet but this is great addition to their market reach.

On another front, I did some research a while back that I posted on another forum if one wants to swap the gray stock skid plate for the Rebel black edition one. The part number is 5ZB47GXHAA.

2021-ram-1500-trx.jpg

I might do that at delivery if the ADD front bumper isn't yet available. Then maybe vinyl wrap or pdip the RAM grille emblem to match for the OCD reasons.

That's a great idea! I was going to Linex it just incase as I'm sure it will get scuffed.

1. BRAKE UPGRADE KIT
2. Dash cam
3. Custom T-Rex Badges
4. Beadlock wheels with M/T tires (for use as required)
5. RAM bar lights
6. Drop-in high flow dry air filters, like aFe
7. Driver, Front Passanger, Eyebrow tint
8. Gun holster
9. Drop hitch
10. Maybe front bumper w/ winch - will determine once I see my final payload rating

2021-ram-1500-trx.jpg

Why not paint it?

Why not paint it?

Painted textured plastic, especially in that spot, wouldn't last a week the way I off road.

The only easy way for that part to stay that color is to have one that was molded in that color.

Plus it's a $250ish part and it would cost as much to have it painted for a worst result.

I'm not sure why anyone would take the time money and effort to custom paint a part for which there is an easy oem off the shelf alternative that perfectly matches the rest of the plastic trim on the truck. :unsure:

Last edited:
While we all wait, I figured this would be an awesome thread to see what everyone else plans to do to their TRX. I'm one of those that can't leave anything stock as I'm sure there's many of us on here!

My Top 10 Modifications That I Plan To Do To My TRX Launch Edition:
  1. Coverking Autobody Armor Custom Car Cover (Ordered to Ram 2500 Mega Cab spec so it would be slightly longer) - Already have it. (30-40% off at AutoAnything).
  2. Covercraft Canine Covers Coverall Custom Rear Seat (Ordered a month ago, 5-7 week build time) / All Season Husky or Weathertech Floor Liners
  3. Window / Sunroof Tint / TRX / Business Vinyl Graphics
  4. Single Step Paint Correction, Graphene 5 Year Ceramic Coating, Ceramic Pro Rain, Engine Bay Ceramic Coating, Ceramic Pro Wheel & Caliper
  5. Light Bar / LED Cubes for Ram Bar (Rigid or Baja or something else)
  6. Tonneau Cover (Hard Fold or Rolling) - Will modify if I have to work with Ram Bar
  7. Change the Color of the Beadlock Ring
  8. Cat-Back Exhaust System (Hopefully Borla or AWE is working on something already)
  9. Long Tube Headers / Catted H or X Pipe (Kooks or ARH)
  10. Driveshaft upgrade (especially after seeing what happens to Hellcat ones often) and I might as well if I have the exhaust out. (DSS or The Axle Exchange)

I may end up doing the follow modifications as some point:
  1. Upgrade the Ram Forced Intake with a new aftermarket alternative
  2. Custom Tuning by Barth Tuning
  3. Considering upgrade the brakes to a Brembo setup if it ends up needing the extra stopping power.

Revised:
- V1 Radar hardwired / mount (already have from previous vehicle)
- NextBase Dash Cam 422GW (from previous vehicle)
- Console / Floor Vault (https://www.lockerdown.com/ag-90-ram-1500.html)

Being in the performance parts space and the added wait time we've all endured, I've had time to build out this crazy list. I'm sure this will be a fun project over the next year or two for many of us.
Are you calling your truck a 2020 Ram 1500 Rebel for the dog seat protectors? I need to order those as well.

Are you calling your truck a 2020 Ram 1500 Rebel for the dog seat protectors? I need to order those as well.
I used a 2021 Ram 1500 Limited as the spec. It should be the same as a Rebel / any 2020 1500 Crew cab. Hopefully I'll have it sooner than their expected eta. I may have to buy an amazon knockoff if the TRX magically shows up before Christmas.

I still have to order the below Weathertech charcoal part #8DP22CH (22" x 18") or 8DP26CH (26" x 18") as my Golden has gotten way too big in 10 months and loves to look out the window.

1606959344568.png

Last edited:
Ah, yes. I know a little something about golden hair in a black interior.

So we are crew cab and not quad cab?

I'm going to get decked out in everything they have or buy giant onesies for these knuckle heads.

use mini.jpg

Ah, yes. I know a little something about golden hair in a black interior.

So we are crew cab and not quad cab?

I'm going to get decked out in everything they have or buy giant onesies for these knuckle heads.

View attachment 1633

awww....ours is White Cream (approaching 11 months and about 80lbs already) with the same spot on the tongue but further back. I based everything off a Crew Cab. Car Cover I based off a 2500 mega cab in hopes that it was long enough on the Cab height to go over my Ram Bar. (Live in a car checking / window bashing neighborhood).

1607008857706.png

He's going to enjoy those rear cooled seats come the hot / humid months of TN again.

My kids booster seats will be taking up seat space but luckily there is a LOT of floor space for our giant white fur ball.
LND_E7D61346-0DF2-445B-B6A3-2CA7F07BD499.jpg

Back