WELL...That didn't take long! Help Identify Damages

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m so glad my experiences in life were validated by some guy on a car forum. Regardless of my political views, when you’ve dealt with the public for many years and been through major policy change in many industries for many years (I haven’t just been LEO in my life) you see the truth beyond what people can google and spew off some statements online. I’ll always believe what I see and experience over what I read.

Luckily in America, you’re allowed to believe what you want. Keep thinking pursuit rules are for safety, that’s a laugh, There are plenty of folks that believe in the Easter bunny also. No judgement.

I won’t go into any of the other things you wrote, but Just for fun:
Claim: you think Ravelco is better than IGLA.
Debunk: I have both, I’ll never buy Ravelco again, but it’s better than nothing.
Don't believe those lying eyes of yours. Believe what the government spoon feeds you and trust the science. 😭

@CaptainGizmo First off sorry about the theft, that sucks. Glad you got it back.

I'm curious do you know if your truck had the RFH lock done? If it did and the key was still cloned, no bueno.

Thanks for your service but in my opinion you are missing ALOT of the nuance and likely pretty politically biased based on your statements here and previous posts. So let’s go through all this:

It is always important to present factual data and research findings that provide a broader and more accurate perspective on the impact of political party policies on crime. Here is an analysis of each point raised:

### 1. **New Jersey Pursuit and Bond Policies**

**Claim**: NJ discourages police pursuits and has a no bond hold law leading to criminals being released quickly.

**Debunk**:
- **Pursuit Policies**: New Jersey's pursuit policies are designed to enhance public safety by reducing high-speed chases, which can be dangerous for both officers and civilians. A study by the National Institute of Justice found that police pursuits can lead to significant injuries and fatalities. The policy aims to minimize these risks.
- **No Bond Hold Law**: The New Jersey Criminal Justice Reform Act implemented in 2017 shifted from a cash bail system to a risk-based system. According to the New Jersey Judiciary’s report, the pretrial release rates did not significantly change the rate of re-offense or failure to appear in court, indicating that the reform did not compromise public safety.

### 2. **California Reclassification of Crimes**

**Claim**: Reclassification of theft and other crimes from felonies to misdemeanors has led to increased crime.

**Debunk**:
- **Prop 47**: Proposition 47, passed in 2014, reclassified certain non-violent crimes as misdemeanors. The Public Policy Institute of California found that while there was an initial increase in larceny rates, overall crime rates in California have not surged due to this reclassification. In fact, violent crime rates have remained relatively stable.

### 3. **New York Bond and Fraudulent Plates Policies**

**Claim**: NY and NYC’s no bond rules and lenient policies on fraudulent plates have led to increased crime.

**Debunk**:
- **Bail Reform**: New York’s bail reform law aimed to reduce pretrial detention for non-violent offenses. Research by the John Jay College of Criminal Justice found that the reform did not lead to a significant increase in re-offense rates among those released.
- **Fraudulent Plates**: Enforcement against fraudulent plates and other vehicle-related crimes is ongoing. The NYPD has conducted operations specifically targeting these issues, and recent crackdowns indicate active law enforcement efforts rather than neglect.

### 4. **Texas and Atlanta Policies on Fraud and Auto Theft**

**Claim**: Local ordinances in Texas cities and Atlanta prevent police from effectively combating credit card fraud and auto theft.

**Debunk**:
- **Crime Rates and Enforcement**: Data from the Texas Department of Public Safety and the Georgia Bureau of Investigation show that while certain crimes like auto theft have fluctuated, both states have active initiatives and task forces dedicated to combating these issues. Claims that local ordinances outright prevent police from acting are not supported by legislative or enforcement records.

### 5. **General Claim on Policies Hampering Crime Adjudication**

**Claim**: Policies created by elected officials hinder crime adjudication, leading to misreported crime statistics.

**Debunk**:
- **Policy Impact**: Crime rates and their reporting are influenced by a variety of factors, including economic conditions, law enforcement strategies, and community programs. Studies, including those from the Brennan Center for Justice, indicate that there is no clear evidence that political party control alone significantly impacts overall crime rates.
- **Crime Statistics**: Misreporting crime statistics is a serious accusation. The FBI’s Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) program and the National Incident-Based Reporting System (NIBRS) have established standards to ensure the accuracy and reliability of crime data reported by law enforcement agencies across the country.

### 6. **Auto Theft and Profit Claims**

**Claim**: Everyone profits from auto theft except the victim.

**Debunk**:
- **Insurance and Law Enforcement**: Auto theft is a complex issue involving various stakeholders. While insurance companies do pay claims, they also invest in anti-theft technologies and collaborate with law enforcement to reduce theft rates. Data from the National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB) shows that coordinated efforts between insurers and police have led to significant recoveries and arrests in auto theft cases.

While your experiences as a former law enforcement officer are valid, the claims made in the post do not fully align with broader data and research findings. Crime rates and enforcement policies are multifaceted issues influenced by numerous factors beyond political control. It is crucial to rely on comprehensive data and studies to understand these dynamics accurately. We rely on data and the science to choose IGLA as opposed to the bias of those who “believe” ravelco is better or even in the same class, we should do the same here. Belief your mom, all others bring data.
ill respond here briefly. I retired last yr after 20yrs in nj le. I taught pursuit for the past 10 yrs. Pursuits r necessary and yes dangerous. Nj sux. Bail reform is the worst thng the state has ever done. Bout sums it up

@CaptainGizmo First off sorry about the theft, that sucks. Glad you got it back.

I'm curious do you know if your truck had the RFH lock done? If it did and the key was still cloned, no bueno.
Only way to know is to hook up and try and pull the pin

Last edited:
ill respond here briefly. I retired last yr after 20yrs in nj le. I taught pursuit for the past 10 yrs. Pursuits r necessary and yes dangerous. Nj sux. Bail reform is the worst thng the state has ever done. Bout sums it up
unless he had them do it in the 3 weeks that he had it I would guess at no. I have a feeling the dealer won’t lock the rf hub on a brand new truck without the person that purchased it asking.

unless he had them do it in the 3 weeks that he had it I would guess at no. I have a feeling the dealer won’t lock the rf hub on a brand new truck without the person that purchased it asking.
THANK YOU, guys, for keeping this post BACK ON TRACK. Man oh man...it's just so hard to NOT talk politics and just LEARN about what got broken on a stolen truck so others can come back and learn.

I will certainly check when Jon does the install tomorrow, but your guess is probably right; thanks for remembering the truck was only with me for 3 weeks (barely enough time to read enough posts to declare a winner! LOL).

THANK YOU, guys, for keeping this post BACK ON TRACK. Man oh man...it's just so hard to NOT talk politics and just LEARN about what got broken on a stolen truck so others can come back and learn.

I will certainly check when Jon does the install tomorrow, but your guess is probably right; thanks for remembering the truck was only with me for 3 weeks (barely enough time to read enough posts to declare a winner! LOL).
Jon will get you setup, great guy and I taught him the compustar portion.

For anyone who looks at a stolen vehicle, and can say "oh, they were pretty smart", "looks like they knew what they were doin'", or "I've seen worse"...I guess they've never tried taking a car apart themselves. Things never seem to come apart "nicely", let alone go back together perfectly.

That's today, nausea session. As my fear, these shit-lickers were far from "smooth and gentle".

When you carefully examine what these scums did, you'll see that the headliner was pulled down and broken. But, as you pull the headliner down to replace it, that causes the need for the front radar/camera to be recalibrated.

I call this stuff "collateral damages" and what I feared from the beginning each time someone said "they've seen worse". I'm also very cautiously reserved when it came to getting an insurance estimate...I wanted them to shoot REALLY HIGH.

Case in point, SAFELITE originally gave a quote to replace the back slider. I asked "really? just the slider?" and my shop said, yup...that's all they need to do. UNTIL TODAY, and Safelite said "Oh, didn't realize the whole back window has to be done as a unit." That's a dramatic difference in all respects!! Not just price, but more risk for collateral damages.

So, don't just look at a stolen TRX and think "oh, it doesn't look bad" until the WHOLE baby is put back together perfectly and back running on the streets!

Here is a photo of the headliner dropped down, and you'll see all the wires still attached in places you wouldn't expect up there.

Also, I showed a photo of the rear connections for the GPS...they have been disconnected, but I'm not sure if the wiring techs did it or the mexican cartel phucknuts (I'm running out of nouns for these twats). For reference, this is on the passenger side and can be accessed through that little portal that's covered with the "AIRBAG" plug in it.

Stay tuned...hoping it starts getting better soon!

Attachments

• trx head - 1.jpeg
    trx head - 1.jpeg
    551.6 KB · Views: 28
  • trx head - 2.jpeg
    trx head - 2.jpeg
    899.7 KB · Views: 28
Jon will get you setup, great guy and I taught him the compustar portion.
I have REALLY enjoyed Jon's wisdom and help...so thank you!
Very interesting, learning about the interaction between IGLA and CompuStar and will be anxious to learn all the reasons for using it, over the different IGLA products on their website.

I have REALLY enjoyed Jon's wisdom and help...so thank you!
Very interesting, learning about the interaction between IGLA and CompuStar and will be anxious to learn all the reasons for using it, over the different IGLA products on their website.
The other Author Alarms products are not used in the US. Autostart, tor, can immobilizer ect because of a few different reasons. They are marketed for other locations around the world. We have a couple new options coming but not available yet. Compustar is a full theft deterrent alarm, it alerts everyone they are trying, IGLA is an anti theft can immobilizer that stops the electronic theft. When paired together it cuts down on damage done plus you get the creature comforts that go with it.

Sorry to hear about what happened to your truck. Current LEO and way too much of this happening in SoCal. I am in N. LA County. I hope that your family will all return to good health and a happy family life. Firefighters are among the bravest civil/public servants I know. I usually find the stolen in vehicles in pretty bad condition. So, if that is one bright spot in this ordeal, take it as a lesson learned.

Man. So much to understand and know.

And…to think…a couple punk ass tweakers figured all this out and forced us to, as well.

And…here I was…thinking I could just buy a kick ass truck to enjoy! 😡
Hey, I did not know about this forum until I saw @KnightMare YouTube channel. I thought a Viper alarm system was good enough. I am a product of the 70’s and 80’s. I thought that it was good enough then, it should be good enough now. Like you I am a research type of guy. Stumbled across Ravelco and IGLA and into that “rabbit hole” I went. Three days after getting my truck, had it installed, best decision thus far when it came to my truck. @Air’d outSRT answered all my questions. For better or worse, completely happy to have joined this forum.

Only way to know to to hook up and try and pull the pin
Josh, what's the method being talked about recently (on TK Garage's Youtube, among others), where all you need is the VIN # itself, and you can program a new key, even with the RFH locked? A few months ago, you eluded to a bypass for the RFH lock would be coming soon - assuming this was it?

Sorry to hear about what happened to your truck. Current LEO and way too much of this happening in SoCal. I am in N. LA County. I hope that your family will all return to good health and a happy family life. Firefighters are among the bravest civil/public servants I know. I usually find the stolen in vehicles in pretty bad condition. So, if that is one bright spot in this ordeal, take it as a lesson learned.
Thank you, brother...I know your area well...and have family there too.
Some of my friends have said that, perhaps, this is a way to take my mind off of my daily worry over my granddaughter, who is SO much more important but...alas...I am in a helpless position. So, yeah...this is quite the "distraction"; although a painful one.

I wish you a long, healthy, and safe career!

P.S. As for lesson, I'm not sure I'm able yet to translate which lesson to take away. LOL

Thank you, brother...I know your area well...and have family there too.
Some of my friends have said that, perhaps, this is a way to take my mind off of my daily worry over my granddaughter, who is SO much more important but...alas...I am in a helpless position. So, yeah...this is quite the "distraction"; although a painful one.

I wish you a long, healthy, and safe career!

P.S. As for lesson, I'm not sure I'm able yet to translate which lesson to take away. LOL
I was referring to you getting your truck returned to you in pretty nice shape. That is, compared to what the alternative may have been. Now you know, the harsh reality of what it means to own such a great and awesome beast. Lord knows I have learned my lessons many times over and then some ☺️ in my life. But, 30 years on the job, patrol everyday and looking forward to retirement.

Last edited:
I was referring to you getting your truck returned to you in pretty nice shape. That is, compared to what the alternative may have been. Now you know, the harsh reality of what it means to own such a great and awesome beast. Lord knows I have learned my lessons many times over and then some ☺️ in my life. But, 30 years on the job and looking forward to retirement.
Hope you get to enjoy it (retirement) soon man.

Josh, what's the method being talked about recently (on TK Garage's Youtube, among others), where all you need is the VIN # itself, and you can program a new key, even with the RFH locked? A few months ago, you eluded to a bypass for the RFH lock would be coming soon - assuming this was it?
Tk is a joke and has no idea what he is talking about. Destroyer1320 got pissed because I have a better neutral pull plate and started emailing me to harass me. I told him exactly where to go and then mysteriously a fake video surfaced with someone “making a working fob” with a vin. Then a new product was released to cover the vin. The video is a fake and is 100% not possible to do.
You need to hook directly to the can network, pull a necessary pin and then use said pin to write the fob signals and coding to the rf hub module. You cannot do this with the vin. The only thing you can do with the vin is contact fca, prove you own the vehicle and then they can give you the physical key code to cut a physical key and then open the door lock. The bs video he cut and edited saying you can copy a key ect is bs too, he labeled the video mopar and then shows a gm key I think.
Anything for clicks. If tk is in a video I don’t even watch it because 5% of it is true..

Sorry, missed the other half. There are already methods to get past the rf hub lock. I won’t go into detail but they found out how fca is blocking the pin pull (they don’t delete the pin, they moved it to a different location) and that will more than likely be updated on the scanner/programmers. They can also just bring their own rf hub with a programmed key and flash it to the vehicle. Trx’s are harder to do but are doable and a few other ways.

I was referring to you getting your truck returned to you in pretty nice shape. That is, compared to what the alternative may have been. Now you know, the harsh reality of what it means to own such a great and awesome beast. Lord knows I have learned my lessons many times over and then some ☺️ in my life. But, 30 years on the job and looking forward to retirement.
Good luck, I am 44, combat retired army, 14 years, retired department of defense and working on another. Sitting still is the worst, you will hate it!! 😂😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back