Warranty or tune/pulley??

Oliver1539

TRX Fanatic
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2019 Raptor
Pretty much what the title ask. I’ve been looking at different power packages (around 700whp) from Satera, Dusterhoff, Ripa and National Speed. Just wanted some thoughts/opinions on if the modifications are worth voiding the factory warranty?
I’m new to the Hellcat platform and didn’t want to take the plunge until I got some feedback. I’ve read threads where people are running 1000whp with little to no issues, then I’ve read where people have spun a bearing on stock power levels.
I’ve voided the warranty on pretty much every vehicle I’ve owned, but this one is also the most expensive!
Thanks

C4F950D5-A5B9-4B71-A75E-A7C62A5B6302.png

Something I've gone back and forth with myself. Personally, I think it's very risky to void the warranty right off the lot since most of the catastrophic failures tend to come very early. So my compromise is to accumulate some miles and let any latent defects appear, break everything in nice, and do oil analysis to see where I stand before biting the bullet.

Something I've gone back and forth with myself. Personally, I think it's very risky to void the warranty right off the lot since most of the catastrophic failures tend to come very early. So my compromise is to accumulate some miles and let any latent defects appear, break everything in nice, and do oil analysis to see where I stand before biting the bullet.
My thoughts exactly. Give yourself a year and 5-10k miles, make sure nothing catastrophic happens and then void away!! 😬

Run the truck for 6-12 months and see how you feel. If you get bored, then upgrade. For a daily, the power is plenty but I can say after a year and on 37s, it could use more.

Normally any car is a roll of the dice to mod. I think the TRX is more risky just because of the poor quality control coming out Covid personally.
Yeah, makes me nervous. Especially, when it’s a 20k plus engine!

True. Mine has 13k, so I’m hoping the engine is sound at this stage…

While not being at 700whp,ive been running the Incognito pulley since 7k with no issues besides the squeal! The AFE Intake for about 10k as well.

While not being at 700whp,ive been running the Incognito pulley since 7k with no issues besides the squeal! The AFE Intake for about 10k as well.
I’ve thought about the incognito pulley, but the squeal would drive me crazy! Like an exhaust leak

my dealer service manager said to wait till approx 8 to 10,000 miles, if no failure by then, tune it,,, ive done the stage 1, so far so good and fingers crossed, dealer said unless i blow the motor everything else would be ok warranty wise,,, only thing is i have to make sure hes in when i take the truck for an oil change lol

True. Mine has 13k, so I’m hoping the engine is sound at this stage…
Thats what I did. Put about 10k miles on it to make sure if there was anything that wasn't built properly, it should have shown up.
Now with the flex tune set up making a couple hundred more hp, its way more fun.

my dealer service manager said to wait till approx 8 to 10,000 miles, if no failure by then, tune it,,, ive done the stage 1, so far so good and fingers crossed, dealer said unless i blow the motor everything else would be ok warranty wise,,, only thing is i have to make sure hes in when i take the truck for an oil change lol
Nice! This is what I’ve been thinking. How do you like the level 1 compared to stock? I’ll probably be going with Satera because he’s the closest and has the best price on a level 1 package.
Sounds like you have a good service manager.

Thats what I did. Put about 10k miles on it to make sure if there was anything that wasn't built properly, it should have shown up.
Now with the flex tune set up making a couple hundred more hp, its way more fun.
Oh, I’m sure! I had my last Raptor Goosetuned E85 and it was quick! I can’t imagine this monster on E85!

Oh, I’m sure! I had my last Raptor Goosetuned E85 and it was quick! I can’t imagine this monster on E85!
I am a speed junkie. I have a 1500rwhp viper that ran 208mph in a 1/2 mile and ran 60-130 in 3.3 seconds. Now its up at nth to take it to 2k rwhp LOL

What's the top speed you've seen?

Back