VIN “811 & 812” April Order Group

Jealous my 4/15 ordered hasn’t moved from D, but happy for the 811/812 group getting some traction 🙌🏻

Reactions: Two
You might still get yours before I get mine. No rhyme or reason to any of this.

I called again yesterday and found that both trucks were in D. I complained and they cited there was nothing they could do. I told them that I bought 11 new FCA vehicles since 2013 and they told me they would open a case. This morning I got an email. One of my trucks is scheduled to be in production on 7/5 now. The other remains in D with the written promise that he will work to get it scheduled.

"That's awesome! What options/color did you order? I feel like we're all in line for the pisser, and you're the guy who just jumped the line"

Granite. Every option except Ram bar, tire carrier, red package, decals and trailer steering.

Well I’ve never bought an FCA vehicle new. So they should leave a good first impression by building mine right away.

Only 11?? Mine should have had its second oil change by now if that factors in.
Not sure if Stellantis Factors customer “tiering”. Porsche, Ferrari and McLaren all do…
Want a 992 Turbo S, order now and get it in a year. Bought a few pcars new and you’ll have it before November. I know for a fact that they know our buying history. Question is whether they are sophisticated enough with marketing and customer segmentation to capitalize on it effectively

you’re buying more than one car a year from a manufacturer you should get some sort of preferential treatment.

Last edited:
Want a 992 Turbo S, order now and get it in a year. Bought a few pcars new and you’ll have it before November. I know for a fact that they know our buying history.
Funny that you mention that. My girlfriend ordered one, and two days later she ordered a Redeye, to have something fun to drive while waiting for the 911.

Well, as it turned out, she got the Turbo S before the Challenger showed up. And not only that, she could see on a Porsche web site exactly where the car was at any given time, including where the ship was along the route.

And yes, they do know, and keep track. She gets calls from the dealer in CA she used to buy from, more so than from the one in CO she's been using more recently.

Happy to say my order (4/26) finally went to D1 today with a estimated ship date of 7/11.
204466402_901500110720919_4029949031729851223_n.jpeg

Latest from my dealer:
"Est ship date of 07/09/2021- then prob 2-3 weeks after that to get here. IT is in production."

I honestly did not think it would be a damn near 4 month ordeal from order to delivery of the truck. It's not the dealers fault, he's been really good to me, but I'm kind of disappointed/frustrated (probably like everybody else). Stupid Covid and part supply shortages!!!

Ordered 4/27, estimated ship date, 7/12. Looking better.

Looks like a regression on my end. Last week the parts were available. 😓
7828841F-726D-4408-9DD5-7E19DFF773C2.jpeg

Looks like a regression on my end. Last week the parts were available. 😓View attachment 15634
They did that to me too. I confirmed with my dealer I am still in D. I believe it’s because I selected the trailer backup assist. Not sure why I got that option but I did. I might see if I can remove it. I don’t think I’ll ever use it.

I honestly did not think it would be a damn near 4 month ordeal from order to delivery of the truck. It's not the dealers fault, he's been really good to me, but I'm kind of disappointed/frustrated (probably like everybody else). Stupid Covid and part supply shortages!!!

Are we getting close to when I can say "I told you so"?

They did that to me too. I confirmed with my dealer I am still in D. I believe it’s because I selected the trailer backup assist. Not sure why I got that option but I did. I might see if I can remove it. I don’t think I’ll ever use it.
Thinking if I’m not making progress by the end of the month I’ll pay a visit and see how bad my dealer:

1) needs a sale
2) needs my trade

If I have enough leverage to get MSRP, I’d consider taking one of their in-stock trucks, even though they aren’t exactly how I would build them.

Either way, the longer they give me to change my mind…well, that can be dangerous because I do it a lot.

Back