Vibration/grinding on takeoff

Hi - hoping someone can help here. When I take off from a stop the truck randomly makes a stutter/grinding vibration for just a small amount of time . Maybe similar sound to when you hit a rumble strip. Seems possibly transmission related and only occurs from start. Happens randomly. Truck has 1500 miles on it.
i have the same issue when cold. truck only has 2k miles on it. dealer said they checked the transfer fluids when i picked it up. its going in for oil change and to take a look at that issue in a few weeks. if i remember ill post the outcome on this thread

No joke, mine has been doing this occasionally too. I have to make a left hand turn onto the main road where I live and then accelerate. So far, it is only when leaving my driveway when shifting from 1 to 2. I've been trying to figure out if it is power steering, transmission, front diff, or somewhere else.
This is when I usually hear it on mine! Accelerating into a turn to get up to traffic speed. I thought maybe it was a differential thing. Watching this thread.

So dealership thinks it’s something in the supercharger. They are calling “engineering “ tomorrow to advise next steps then they’ll let me know. I’ll post when I know more

So dealership thinks it’s something in the supercharger. They are calling “engineering “ tomorrow to advise next steps then they’ll let me know. I’ll post when I know more
Weird. Sure didn’t sound like it wasn’t coming from that high up when I heard it. Curious about what conclusions their super smart engineer will come to. Thanks for the update.

Yeah I didn’t think supercharger. They put chassis ears in and located the sound w them. Never heard of them but we’ll see where this goes.

Have you heard anything back on this? Thanks for leading the way, seems like a few of us are experiencing this

No joke, mine has been doing this occasionally too. I have to make a left hand turn onto the main road where I live and then accelerate. So far, it is only when leaving my driveway when shifting from 1 to 2. I've been trying to figure out if it is power steering, transmission, front diff, or somewhere else.
I am having the exact same issue also. Just started a couple weeks ago and trucks a little over 4k miles. Has probably happened 4-5 times. Same thing making a left and it’s on the 1-2 shift.

Mine truck has been at the dealer for over a week now, they have no clue what the problem is.

I’m still waiting to get in. My tech has been out sick. But I can confirm it definitively happens on shift from 1st to 2nd while applying some power. May in fact be supercharger related as acceleration engages supercharger(?). I’ll post more when I hear it.

Please do. I'm curious what he finds.

Funny i found this thread. Mine did a funny grinding-wooshing thing between 1st and 2nd when transmision was cold but only under moderate power. It seemed to me that the transmision timeing (release one pack amd grab another) was slighy off from 1st to 2nd when fluid was cold. I figured i would wait and let transmision get broken in and self learn. Now at 9k noise almost never happens (heard it the first time in a few months a couple weeks ago) plus it is much colder now. Currious what the dealer says but mine is all but gone.

Reactions: JT3
I have a feeling it’s something cold weather related. Picked up my truck 1st week of April and only now once it’s gotten cold have I felt it. Not a consistent thing though because it’s probably been 5-7 days without it happening. Definitely don’t want dealer messing with my truck though unless completely necessary. Felt like trans to me.

Mine did it again this morning. Did anyone figure anything out on this yet?

I just heard from the dealership. They think it is the supercharger and are putting a new one in. That kind of worries me….big job. Things often don’t go back together as well as factory. Ugh. New SCer will be two weeks arriving.

I just heard from the dealership. They think it is the supercharger and are putting a new one in. That kind of worries me….big job. Things often don’t go back together as well as factory. Ugh. New SCer will be two weeks arriving.
Thanks for the update. Curious if this will solve anything. Keep us posted.

This is surprising. The sound I'm hearing (if it is indeed the same as yours) sounds much lower in the truck.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com
Back