Very frustrated with Dealer

mendy

TRX Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
ram 1500
I wonder how many people have fully built orders just sitting for two months and according to my Dealer
"they have no idea why it hasn't shipped"
There's got to be something they're not telling us....don't they want our money??
Is this with other dealers or only one?

It’s not your dealer. The dealer wants your money. They can’t make the factory ship it any faster.
It dosnt make any sense. I see in the other threads that they're getting vehicles delivered that have been ordered after mine....and mines been ready for 2 months!!

Hi. Dosnt Stelantis want out money too?
None of that really matters right now. Factories are trying to finish builds with lower than normal labor, builds sit waiting for parts and all dealers see on their end is "ship hold". Its a shit show.

Everyone is stressed knowing customers are pissed and long delays mean lost sales.
The worst thing one does these days is yell or punish dealers who only make money selling/delivering your truck.
The "dont you want my money" card wont get you anywhere these days.
On the other hand best advice is to keep good communication with the dealership and more importantly, dont order from a shady one. IMO after this shortage times pass, good, transparent dealerships will gain tons of business and scumbaggy ones will pay for screwing and taking advantage of others

Hi. Dosnt Stelantis want out money too?
They want your money, but they also don’t really care about you and your specific order. It’s happened time and time again on the forum. We’ve even had a member who’s truck got lost on a broke down train for 3 weeks. One had an order marked as delivered, but it was left at the rail yard with a dead battery for a week.

Your TRX order matters as much as the guy who ordered a Tradesman or a Big Horn. It is not the dealers fault. Stellantis is a bit of a mess when it comes to logistics. Lots of folks are waiting… some folks have orders ship faster than other orders. There’s really no rhyme or reason to it. Ask the guys who ordered in August of 2020.

You can always ask your dealer to reach out to the regional rep and see if they can inquire about your order. If it really frustrates you…you can always cancel the order. There’s always another guy / gal with the same money willing to buy your truck.

They want your money, but they also don’t really care about you and your specific order. It’s happened time and time again on the forum. We’ve even had a member who’s truck got lost on a broke down train for 3 weeks. One had an order marked as delivered, but it was left at the rail yard with a dead battery for a week.

Your TRX order matters as much as the guy who ordered a Tradesman or a Big Horn. It is not the dealers fault. Stellantis is a bit of a mess when it comes to logistics. Lots of folks are waiting… some folks have orders ship faster than other orders. There’s really no rhyme or reason to it. Ask the guys who ordered in August of 2020.

You can always ask your dealer to reach out to the regional rep and see if they can inquire about your order. If it really frustrates you…you can always cancel the order. There’s always another guy / gal with the same money willing to buy your truck.
well...supposedly they've reached out to the rep about 3 weeks ago.....still waiting for a response....

well...supposedly they've reached out to the rep about 3 weeks ago.....still waiting for a response....
Sounds like your dealer is at least trying. Stellantis is a mess and shipping has and always will be a complete boondoggle. It’s only gotten worse since this truck launched with Covid and shortages / delays. Drive by any dealership now and take a look at their inventory of new vehicles. It’s pretty slim pickings. Parts are the same way if your truck needs them…. Lots of parts are on eternal backorder. It’s unfortunately the new normal.

Yo mendy you’re going to have to be a lot more patient to make to though this with your head lol. Waiting two months is nothing I can’t imagine you at four months lol. You gotta look at it differently. Like you may or may not even get a truck. Your money isn’t any more valuable than anyone else’s.

With the new strain and the new lockdowns I forsee more delays to follow. Dealer has no power . Ram does what ram wants
Imagine that a “new strain” anytime it’s convenient fucking joke.

You may also be waiting on a part or they found an issue and the replacement part is taking a while. They should communicate the issue clearer for better understanding across the board but Ram hasn't always been best with communication. The fact that the dealers even picking up the phone and trying to get an answer says its not the dealer but a mix of production woes and Rams weird priority process.

For what its worth I tried ordering a Ford Transit chassis cab which typically had an ETA of 4 weeks from order to dealer. Chassis cab so bare bones steel interior behind the front row. They make em and move em quick. Current ETA....4-5 months.

Everyone's getting hit by production and supply woes right now. Ram just adds a little fuel to the fire with the lack of good communication but hang in there man. Truck will be worth it.

Being in heavy equipment manufacturing I can tell everyone one thing: the first semester of 2022 will be a complete shit show.
I dont know about the second half YET being we cant foresee that far but things look SHITTY. With the latest Covid wave, countries with less vaccinated populations might(if this comes down hard) shut down again and believe me lots of parts do come from these countries.
Of course inflation and all else doesnt help either but I unfortunately expect lots of price increases and delays of 6months in some models.
Not the news I like to hear but expect 2022 to be a real bad year

Being in heavy equipment manufacturing I can tell everyone one thing: the first semester of 2022 will be a complete shit show.
I dont know about the second half YET being we cant foresee that far but things look SHITTY. With the latest Covid wave, countries with less vaccinated populations might(if this comes down hard) shut down again and believe me lots of parts do come from these countries.
Of course inflation and all else doesnt help either but I unfortunately expect lots of price increases and delays of 6months in some models.
Not the news I like to hear but expect 2022 to be a real bad year
I agree. Another big indicator for me is literally every company slashed guidance's during earning calls foreshadowing a bad Q4 but a really really bad Q1. Was hopeful things would start improving and looked that way for a hot minute but things look to be turning back down hill again.

Have you heard that chapman is warning new customers they might never get their orders built? And it's not even 22. My shitty estimation makes me believe they have over 500 orders in
I believe some might never see them due to frustration. Look, after a crappy covid 2020 government should have tried to ease manufacturing by encouraging labor force to go back to work and produce in order to help the industry catch up. Gas(yes let's go there) runs everything, from the shoes you have on your feet to the lettuce you eat. Cost went up due to every factor because we had poor approaches coming out(and into) the shortage crisis.
Some factories are down 35% of its personnel. Its basic math, ain't going to happen unless people are willing to wait LONG.
Some here might hate this but if you can get your hands on a truck now with a reasonable ADM, do it.
You could very well sit most of 2022 waiting for a truck and while you wait watch similar price increases you would be paying to get your truck now and get out of this mess.
Worse you could wait, pay more and end up with a truck with less upgrades(heated steering wheel, seats). GM already said none of these will be present for most of their 2022 trucks so far.
Of course some here will say they got theirs at MSRP, ADM is stupid. Yes you lucked out while this crap is mounting at the factories.
For those who just placed and order, reconsider.
For once my impulsiveness helped me. I wasnt willing to wait for a build knowing of this coming crap fest. Paid $10k over MSRP and have a truck for a few months.
Some the machines I sell will go up 8% in Jan, 3% in March and 3% in June... it's a total fuck fest

I believe some might never see them due to frustration. Look, after a crappy covid 2020 government should have tried to ease manufacturing by encouraging labor force to go back to work and produce in order to help the industry catch up. Gas(yes let's go there) runs everything, from the shoes you have on your feet to the lettuce you eat. Cost went up due to every factor because we had poor approaches coming out(and into) the shortage crisis.
Some factories are down 35% of its personnel. Its basic math, ain't going to happen unless people are willing to wait LONG.
Some here might hate this but if you can get your hands on a truck now with a reasonable ADM, do it.
You could very well sit most of 2022 waiting for a truck and while you wait watch similar price increases you would be paying to get your truck now and get out of this mess.
Worse you could wait, pay more and end up with a truck with less upgrades(heated steering wheel, seats). GM already said none of these will be present for most of their 2022 trucks so far.
Of course some here will say they got theirs at MSRP, ADM is stupid. Yes you lucked out while this crap is mounting at the factories.
For those who just placed and order, reconsider
it's not only the parts shortage is also the..inflation. 3 years ago a 70k truck seemed a lot . Nowdays 70k doesnt seem that much anymore when a fucking wrangler sells for close to that. If somehow the 3 trilion economic package gets approved your hard earned saving are going to be worth shit. You are better off buying something now than wait 6 months and realize 5k ADM became 15k ADM .

it's not only the parts shortage is also the..inflation. 3 years ago a 70k truck seemed a lot . Nowdays 70k doesnt seem that much anymore when a fucking wrangler sells for close to that. If somehow the 3 trilion economic package gets approved your hard earned saving are going to be worth shit. You are better off buying something now than wait 6 months and realize 5k ADM became 15k ADM .
Exactly. I find auto price increases reasonable compared to other equipment.
Everything else is becoming unaffordable.
Prices wont go down, at worst they will stay the same. Seems like the old man woke up and realized the economy wasnt "booming" as he once thought, lol.
To counter, he released a whopping 32 million barrels of oil from the reserve to fight price increases, which will be good for 2 days. Yes government now realizes they fucked up and they cant clean the mess. For us taxpayers, time to get screwed out of your TRX orders or pay more

Granted not all dealers are as helpful as others but there’s not much they can do in situations like this. Their hands are tied from the time the vehicle is ordered until it lands on the lot.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com
Back